I use pressure cookers quite a bit. I keep a 4 qt Presto in the camper, I have a 6 qt aluminum Presto that I have used for 30 years, an 8 qt SS Innova, and a 16 qt Presto canner that is at least 50 years old, that belonged to my mother. I just recently replaced the seals and pressure relief valves on the Prestos, and getting the parts was no problem. My sister has an electric Presto she really likes, and I may get one of those too.

BYC - The wife is going in for back surgery on Tuesday. She has reached the point that all she can do is hobble around the house, and we are at the limit of the amount of drugs (pain and nerve) she can tolerate, which is really not all that much. The drugs sure play heck with her appetite and mood swings. We will be needing lots of prayers, because the doctors rate her as a moderate risk for surgery.

So for the next 5 or 6 weeks of recovery, I'll probably be doing quite a few soups for sure.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....