Hop To
Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Haven't noticed anyone being verbally abused or their methods of doing things or the equipment that they choose to use denigrated. Since those actions haven't been initiated, there has not been any piling on either. I appreciate an atmosphere of mutual respect. John

+1

That's what I was alluding to earlier.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "old fire" was simply outstanding. The fire today ain't bad either.

No doubt. We're doing pretty good for nearly 14K worth of members. Once in a while things get ugly, but for the most part, it stays pretty civil. "The more, the merrier" don't always apply to internet forums! smile

I do miss some of the folks who came in when shooters.com went south. Guys like Cat, Sulluq, and Sonny, gals like Toons and Little Miss Deer. There's alot more diverse group here now, but I miss the small "Gathering of friends" feel. Not to mention having to review a page and a half of new post daily! laugh

Of course, more folks equals more ad money, which allows Rickster to upgrade and keep the fire going. Love the Speel Chacker too! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Praise be! Why not, it feels like church afterall.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loopold ..........

Hmm, duzzn't work fur me grin
badger

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Don't work with "Leupie" either....grin.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac84
Praise be! Why not, it feels like church afterall.

It feels like church? Wow, I'd love to have more talk of guns, shooting, and hunting at church! I think I may need to get some tapes of your church's services--where do you attend?

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think Mac84 nailed it - it kinda feels like church now. It's the kinder, gentler Campfire. Everything that went on here in the past wasn't PC, but it certainly was entertaining.

I'm still waiting for the whiners and moaners to show us how they build a rifle and entertain us with pictures of their hunting exploits.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm still waiting for the whiners and moaners to show us how they build a rifle and entertain us with pictures of their hunting exploits.

=================================================================

Such as yourself?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The whiners and moaners I'm talking about are the guys that ran most of the AK crew off without ever posting anything useful themselves.

Since you asked, I'll start. Most of my pictures are at home, but here's a few that I've posted before.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~jds44/Onthefarm1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~jds44/Onthefarm5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~jds44/crow-2.JPG[/img]

I've never claimed to be the great white hunter. The reasons I come here are to learn, to be entertained, and to see and read about the exploits of those who get to do things I can only dream about at the moment. In my opinion, a lot of the do'ers are gone now.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Fair response and I'm glad I asked as the pictures are just fantastic. Like you, I come to learn and be entertained as well.But, I believe there are plenty of doers here and I've learned and have been entertained by many, not by just the very few who who have taken leave. The sad part is, the ones who left(whoever they are besides the obvious) still had much they could have learned as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You're right, there are stil a lot of good men here. It still ticks me off though that good men left because a few people screamed until Rick was forced to take action.

Rick did what he felt he needed to do and I have nothing but respect for him. Still, I prefer the old Campfire to the PC version.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great pictures Sir. I mostly post pic of my projects like the knife one on this forum and the "Project Renegade" in the muzzle loading forum. Never have taken a camera hunting in my whole life as did my folks before me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome pics and country Thanks for sharing.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jds44
You're right, there are stil a lot of good men here. It still ticks me off though that good men left because a few people screamed until Rick was forced to take action.

Rick did what he felt he needed to do and I have nothing but respect for him. Still, I prefer the old Campfire to the PC version.
Do you really think that Rick wasn't watching what was being said in that thread? And maybe even in a few others? They didn't convince Rick to boot BS, BS convinced Rick that is was time for him to go and Rick did what he thought was appropriate. Life on the 'Fire will press on with or without BS...

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
BS has railed against every group imaginable - Christians, Muslems, Mexicans, people from the lower 48, etc., etc. If anything, he did not discriminate in his rants - he blasted everybody at one time or another. The difference on that thread was the uproar it created and people screaming for Stick's head on a platter. Love him or hate him, Stick was just being Stick.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks. I suck as a photographer and none of the pictures do the experiences justice.

I vote everybody throw up a few pictures and tell a few hunting stories to get this place back on track.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for sharing those pictures. Very nice!
smile smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love him or hate him, Stick was just being Stick.

Love it or hate it, Stick got the boot. Deal with it.....

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whiners and moaners I'm talking about are the guys that ran most of the AK crew off without ever posting anything useful themselves.

If they were that easy to run off, then they certainly weren't all they talked themselves up to be. I have no sympathy for any of them. They were repeatedly told to "tone it down" a little and they refused. They were making the Campfire a hostile place for anyone who disagreed with them, and that had to end. They chose to end it the hard way. How stupid.

Further, we still have folks here with incredible amounts of AK experience--like Art Peck and Phil Shoemaker. There are probably many more that will step up now that they don't have to be lumped in with the previous group of knuckleheads.

Realize I am not among those who called for anyone to be banned. My method was to confront Stick directly and tell him he was out of line. I found myself doing that more and more over the last two years. I finally got tired of publically slapping him and I put him on ignore.

It was obvious Stick just "didn't get it." No matter how much experience and skill he had, none of it was worth the baggage that he kept bringing along with it--especially when for everything he could do well, someone on the Campfire had done better. He just didn't seem to be able to take not being top dog anymore.

I have to agree with the originally poster's idea that the Campfire is now different. Like Waders and 5sdad mentioned, things had gotten out of hand. I see the Campfire returning to what it used to be, which is what Waders described. For those who miss the "entertainment" value of seeing knuckleheads in a pissin' match, go back to Jr High.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jds44
BS has railed against every group imaginable - Christians, Muslems, Mexicans, people from the lower 48, etc., etc. If anything, he did not discriminate in his rants - he blasted everybody at one time or another. The difference on that thread was the uproar it created and people screaming for Stick's head on a platter. Love him or hate him, Stick was just being Stick.

Being an insulting jerk toward a whole bunch of different groups of people is NOT more "virtuous" that slamming just one or two. Like him or not, there was absolutely NO excuse for Stick's behavior of the last couple of years. Period.

Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,961
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.