Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 35 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 34 35
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Judging from the blood, it was a major caliber hockey stick too. Just how long did you beat that poor yote?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jds44
Originally Posted by dogzapper

No doubt about it, .280 Ackley Improved.

Steve

Interesting. Reasons?

.280 Ackley Improved: Wonderfully accurate, available actions (think bolt-face , mag box and feed rails), brass is excellent and available from multiple sources, feeds easily and well. What the heck is not to like???????

The WSMs and SAUMs offer less; they need specialized actions, brass supply is not assured and they are not particularly ballistically superior.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Judging from the blood, it was a major caliber hockey stick too. Just how long did you beat that poor yote?

I'd shot one of his rear feet off (running like a bugger) at about 300 yards. He was sulking in a draw and I thought it would be fun to bonk him with a stick. So I snuck up on him and bashed him over the head. Took one major SLAP SHOT

Steve

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Steve. Now that you've typed it out, I think I remember putting those reason in print before. Makes sense to me.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yessir, seeing pics of dead animals is a beautiful thing.

Steve

[Linked Image]

Steve;

A V-max via a .221 Fireball at about... 20 feet... will do about the same thing.

Thank coyotewallace for proving that this year...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great pic's horse1,I think we can hang together....grin. I'm in coyote mode right now.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Steve,that puts a new meaning to MPAJ!Reminds me of a buddy who only had a hand full of rounds after wounding and shooting the legs out from a doe he was out of shells,a rock became his weapon of choice.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Horse1,

I like the license plates--where you at, up north? I'm in the southeast.

Are those ruffed grouse in the pic, or what?

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Horse,

Good pix!! Good hunting too!!!

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother's first bow-kill was a fiasco. He only took three arrows, the first he missed with and lost, the second missed and broke, the third hit a buck in the spine. He had no knife nor big rock handy, so he had to chase down the crawling buck and pull out the arrow, only to find that the nock was missing. He then had to go get the nock from the broken arrow to make a complete arrow to shoot the deer again. He couldn't stab it because it was a wide-cut expandable head.

Dad said "Son, did you kill one?" Brother said, "Yes, but it wasn't pretty."

He had to be prodded into telling the whole story a few months later at a cookout, my abs were hurting the next day from laughing. If it could happen to anybody, it would be him.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mickey,

No disrespect ment to you or 99% of the others that post here. If others had taken the road you and Blaine took, i.e. use "Ignore" on the people that got under their skin, most of the disagreements wouldn't have happened in the first place.

No offense taken. It's just not in me to take such a 'road' and start in 'mean-mouthing' another person. To sift through all that garbage for some little tid-bit of information that may, or may not, prove beneficial to me at some future date is like bobbing for apples in a septic tank. Just ain't worth it. If nobody ever starts the filth it won't happen. Life is just better without it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bxroads
Uncle Mickey aint gonna like this

[Linked Image]

AWRIGHT! Who gut shot the deer? Was it Hondo64d?

I'm not against killing deer. I just don't enjoy it any longer. I've kilt my share but rather plant food plots and watch fish280 not shoot......(sorry, Paul, just couldn't help it ;)). Dorothy has come to view all the deer that come up behind the house as family but she knows that a bullet is probably the most humane method of deer control (thinning the herd) there is. She just doesn't like to dwell on it.

I'm not saying I'll never kill another deer. I may, but don't think so. I will shoot a coyote, though, just for Bullet.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"To sift through all that garbage for some little tid-bit of information that may, or may not, prove beneficial to me at some future date is like bobbing for apples in a septic tank. Just ain't worth it" ....... I like that Mickey grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
"To sift through all that garbage for some little tid-bit of information that may, or may not, prove beneficial to me at some future date is like bobbing for apples in a septic tank. Just ain't worth it" ....... I like that Mickey grin

It's original but not copyrighted. Feel free to use it.
Thanks, smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NOTE TO SELF: do NOT shoot your meat doe if it is the lone deer out on the prairie..........you want something near by for size referance.......................easiest pack out i ever had though

[Linked Image]

here is a more normal sized doe for the area...(both deer from 2 seasons ago)
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'd shot one of his rear feet off (running like a bugger) at about 300 yards. He was sulking in a draw and I thought it would be fun to bonk him with a stick. So I snuck up on him and bashed him over the head. Took one major SLAP SHOT

Steve

You take a hockey stick hunting with you? I never heard of that. Hmmm...new equipment to research and buy--excellent!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Waders

Steve

You take a hockey stick hunting with you? I never heard of that. Hmmm...new equipment to research and buy--excellent!

Naw, I was "under the control" of my Canadian guide, which meant that he was at home sleeping and I borrowed his truck and was out in the field killing stuff. Anyway, the hockey stick was in the truck bed and I wanted to see if I could effectively bonk a sulking coyote with it.

Worked better than my wildest dreams.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
belly laughin' here.
thanks for the pics and stories, guys.
and jds: what are the red cloth things on the horses?
fly screens?
i love this place.
even you, mickey. i'll show you - one day ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
zapper,

Paint that stick black and call it tactical; you'd make a zillion.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just started reloading and took this sacrifice with the 7-08 and 120tsx

[Linked Image]

My bow

[Linked Image]

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Page 6 of 35 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,262 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.