Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just watched the local news, out of Nashville, and the weatherman gave the daily highs and lows. Seems the record high for the day was 75.......back in 1949. Guess that means that global warming was taking place then. Al Gore was in diapers back in 1949.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got hold of an almanac prepared for businessmen in the early 19th Century, detailing everything they would need to know about Cincinnati and southern Ohio. It was a fairly complete little book, and did a fairly honest portrayal of what was growing into a major western transportation and manufacturing center.

One thing discussed was climate. Listen, the polar icecaps might be melting. The polar bears might be dying. I don't know. One thing is for sure, that little book had Cincinnati weather spot on. This was in a day where folks still did not think about degrees to discuss temperature, so the descriptions were qualitative and anecdotal. However, the weather in Cincinnati has stayed fairly constant for the bulk of western European settlement.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We just used to call it Winter and Summer back then. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If you look at the growth rings on a old stump, you can see the wet years and dry year cycles.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have heard the Hudson's bay Company required their "factors", managers, to keep records on most everything, including weather. back in the 1880's there were big swings in the weather.

Of course, where would the incentives to increase taxes be if there was no, "Climate Change"?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
1949 leaves out all the mid-1930's heat records.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Most people anymore are too stupid or ignorant to understand what "climate" is, and confuse it with "weather". The weather always changes, of course, and climate is just a pattern of weather over time, for a geographical area. There are no hard definitions for how long a weather pattern exists before it becomes the climate. In my thinking, climate tends to be patterns within patterns, so cutting off graphs at non-random places can indeed show certain trends are occurring. I can say that anyone with a background in science will tell you that manipulating data is actually criminal in some circumstances, and just plain unethical and non-scientific all the time.

Anyone with a background in science SHOULD be able to tell you that we can't actually know if the climate is changing, because it is not being studied scientifically. Data is being selected, not collected, then manipulated, not analyzed, using models that do not reflect reality in any way, with the intent to create evidence for a preferred hypothesis. Frankly, I think it is all horseshit propaganda, and that the stupid, ignorant masses don't know reality when it smacks them in the face with a 2x6.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
1949 leaves out all the mid-1930's heat records.

Inconvenient, huh?

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, most temp records in the US were set from about 1935 to 1939. Ours is 117 and we hit in 2010 and one day back in the thirties.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
http://www.wyomingpbs.org/blizzard49.php

If you have the opportunity, watch the video....it’s pretty amazing!

Thought some of you may find this story interesting. My wife’s mother ( with 7month old and pregnant with another) was stuck on a train ( coming back to Wyoming from Oklahoma)for several days during this event. There is lots of coverage on this.....devastating for several surrounding states! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/10/18.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At one point, a glacier huge enough to gouge out the Great Lakes covered all of Canada and well down into what is now the US more than a mile thick. If you look closely, you may notice that the glacier in question is not there now. It started to melt some 25,000 years ago, and it was gone by 10,000 years ago. Now think hard - what causes ice to melt?

Yes, students! It was climate change. The atmosphere is still warming, and will continue to do so until it starts back down to start the next glacial era. When will the peak occur? Nobody knows. Has it hit already? Maybe, but nobody knows.

The glacial era mentioned above was only the most recent one. There have been at least dozens and perhaps hundreds of previous glacial eras. Warm to ice to warm takes something like 100,000 years each time. This is not something we can measure in terms like "all the way back to 1949" or even in centuries.

More to the point, these cycles take place WITHOUT US. We have nothing to do with it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On another thread here a few days ago, the Sahara desert came up. Over many millenia, it's alternated between green and dry. It's in a dry spell now but it will green up again. We won't be around to see it, though. When it's dry, it affects the weather world wide because of the dust it puts in the air.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Just watched the local news, out of Nashville, and the weatherman gave the daily highs and lows. Seems the record high for the day was 75.......back in 1949. Guess that means that global warming was taking place then. Al Gore was in diapers back in 1949.

Well of course its global warming...

Al Gore is back in diapers now...

The diapers and Al Gore together is something causing global warming...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Change is the only constant in this universe and thinking otherwise is silly. The cause(s) of climate change are probably above the pay grade of mankind but that has not deterred the left from using it to support their agenda. That said the issues that are significant will leave a mark on humanity and one of those is sea level rise. Florida is already experiencing some of this and I forecast terrific snapper fishing around the Miami Beach Reef. In about 10,000 years. +/-

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At one point, a glacier huge enough to gouge out the Great Lakes covered all of Canada and well down into what is now the US more than a mile thick. If you look closely, you may notice that the glacier in question is not there now. It started to melt some 25,000 years ago, and it was gone by 10,000 years ago. Now think hard - what causes ice to melt?

Yes, students! It was climate change. The atmosphere is still warming, and will continue to do so until it starts back down to start the next glacial era. When will the peak occur? Nobody knows. Has it hit already? Maybe, but nobody knows.

The glacial era mentioned above was only the most recent one. There have been at least dozens and perhaps hundreds of previous glacial eras. Warm to ice to warm takes something like 100,000 years each time. This is not something we can measure in terms like "all the way back to 1949" or even in centuries.

More to the point, these cycles take place WITHOUT US. We have nothing to do with it.

Well remember Rock...

The Global warming crowds are the same people that want to legalize the dope they've been
smoking for the last 50 plus years for some of the older ones...

no connection there or with reality is there....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
SEM Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My daughter knows the cause.......... Me !!!

if you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When you go on vacation climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This vid was shown on British TV several years ago. You'll never see anything like it here in the States.
Climate Change, or Global Warming, whatever you want to call it, is nothing but a worldwide agenda for wealth redistribution.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was passing gas twice a minute for years. The wife and kids complained.

I eliminated dairy, carrots, and soy protein from my diet... and the gas was gone.

If we just eliminate a few key liberals, we can get rid of the global warming talk.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (44mc, 16penny, 405winash, 35, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 762 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.