-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Arming Pittbull is a fool's errand. They are dangerous enough already.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Whatever I have handy, though I don't shoot dogs for tresspassing....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The Creedmoor is the only choice.

Over the .270?
Seriously?

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if any dog is nuts and clear from people and you have a shotgun handy buckshot at close ranges is deadly and the best answer always.other wise a bigger handgun like 1911 45 acp or bigger maybe a 44 mag ? but if I am in a fight with a human or animal in a life or death situation at close range honestly I would use a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot will always be best bet for survival.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beretta 92FS but it must be drawn from a tacticool thigh holster for maximum effect......chest-rig with 10 extra magazines optional

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a stick.

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Just a stick.

[Linked Image]

Sir.........

you is one mean sumbitch................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I can testify that a sharp hard kick under the short ribs can cause a Corso Cano to let go of a gentle female gsp for a few precious seconds. Then while your gsp is hauling ass down the alley headed for home and "Killer"catches its breath and resumes the chase you can jump in your GMC and give chase.
When you catch up to Killer and honk your horn and it looks back over its shoulder while not moving over and grinning at you, just hit the gas and run over its ass.
It sounds kind of like when youre chasing a coyote across the mixed grass/mesquite priarie and go over a big old hidden, rotting stump- thump, bump, thump but more pleasing, knowing you wont get a blowout.

Thats when the Mexican chasing all of you down the alley decides it wasnt a good idea to let Killer out the back gate to see what Killer would do to your dog. He also gets a quick lesson in why obedience traning is worthwhile.

No ammo wasted.
Voice of experience.

A Louisville Slugger will work on a good-sized dog. Aluminum or wood-your choice. Don't think aluminum will not come undone whilst beating the errant canine to death or senseless...again, your choice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a stick.

[Linked Image]

To be fair, that is a sharp stick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a stick.

[Linked Image]

You'll put your eye out with that.....

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys are so pedestrian sometimes.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
00 Buckshot works real well from 3 feet. Good friend of mine had his daughter attacked by a neighbors pit and simply rode drove up to the street, the dog came charging out barking and he unloaded. He did end up paying a small fine though smile

I have seen 00 Buck stop several pits immediately. Certainly faster than 9mm or .45's on average if you want it down right now. I have also seen it ricochet off their forehead on a straight on shot at 3-6 feet. May have been the angle since it was coming down a set of stairs and the shot was at eye level. Several of the BB's ended up in the drywall on the stairwell landing behind the pit and could have been real bad had someone been behind that dog. Just something to be aware of. Shooting a dog with anyone in the vicinity is never a great idea unless it can't be avoided.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've only shot one, .380 at ten feet drt!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BWS
I really like pitbulls,like Dobe's too.....don't mean I wouldn't shoot one.

#1,and #3,will go with Gibby above.....#2 30-06 all the way,loaded a touch over book max with Sierra 150's.

That would work.

But, I like the thrill of the stalk.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
You guys are so pedestrian sometimes.

[Linked Image]

The A-10 Warthog would work as a backup.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The 'Ole Abrams might could kill one with an HE round. Even if you missed you'd either burn 'em well done or most prolly rattle his brain into retardation from the over pressure from the blast. Good fun any way you look at it.

Send it Jim!
[Linked Image]

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Bear spray and lots of it.

Tom
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Buddy of mine shot one with his G19 on his front porch at maybe 3 feet with 9mm hydra shocks, right between the eyes. Dog dropped at the shot then jumped up and ran off leaving 2 small drops of blood as the only sign. He still sees the dog occasionally but it gives him and his property a very wide berth.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Never felt the need for anything more than a Maglight!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Came home one afternoon to find a pit bull skulking up on a JRT pup that the son had left tethered under a tree in the yard. A 55gr NBT from a .243 at 3500 fps from 20 ft away into the shoulder will not guarantee a DRT. However, it WILL take the fight out of them. Took off at a quick lope into an over grown pasture. Found what the buzzards left behind the next afternoon when I came home about 200 yards from the house. Data point of one. But, stopped dinking with the light NBT's in the .243 after that episode. All I load now for .243's are 95gr and 100gr Partitions...

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 822 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.