-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Original pre war in 95% or better, $2000 or a little more. Rear bridge have one or two holes?

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Rear bridge has no holes. I said it's original. wink grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ha ha... Sorry guys, I don't have any pics of said rifle. I wish I did. Damn near took it home with me last saturday though....

BSA,
Would you please be kind enough to share the contact info on this peach?
TY

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It's on consignment. The owner wants 2500 for it. Shop owner said he would take 2200. I told him id think about it. Still seems a little steep to me.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's on consignment. The owner wants 2500 for it. Shop owner said he would take 2200. I told him id think about it. Still seems a little steep to me.

Maybe a touch BSA, but in 10 or 20 years you won’t remember a couple hundred bucks after enjoying the rifle.

Semper Fi
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Definitely a touch steep, but as stated wouldn't be sorry down the road.
If it was in front of me, it would be in the back of the truck on its way home....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I already have one that I'm attached to for sentimental reasons, a 1949 and not in the same kind of condition. As you described it, 2200 seems fair to me, IF a guy was looking for one, or wanted to upgrade his position.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of my biggest regrets was not grabbing a darn near perfect in H&H. I think they were asking around $700 for it and I was just not in the mood for $700..........MISTAKE!

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I would say 1800-2200, perhaps more.

This would be my estimate, as well. I have a 1954 version that I feel is worth that much.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm on the hunt for a pre war right now , that one would have come home with me. Cudos on your will power.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
2200.00 seems about right!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm on the hunt for a pre war right now , that one would have come home with me. Cudos on your will power.

Call up Don's Gun Shop in Hood River,OR. He had this 1938 300 H&H a few weeks ago and I was going to buy it but some unexpected expenses prevented me from doing so.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
will do ,thanks

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
One of my biggest regrets was not grabbing a darn near perfect in H&H. I think they were asking around $700 for it and I was just not in the mood for $700..........MISTAKE!

Got a bud that bought a 300 H&H complete with an old gloss 4-12x40 AO Redfield at a damn yard sale in Little Rock, Ar. for 300 dollars 10-12 years ago. shocked

Damn near enough to get me to start going to yard sales, NOT! grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by falcon007

Call up Don's Gun Shop in Hood River,OR. He had this 1938 300 H&H a few weeks ago and I was going to buy it but some unexpected expenses prevented me from doing so.

Sorry guys, I haven't been following this thread. I'm glad falcon gave the info. That's cool that out of all the places, he found that rifle in this super small gun shop. I'd like falcon to help describe the condition of this rifle and get his opinion on value. I don't believe Don does internet sales, or if he would even send pics. I've been so busy lately, and would have stopped by his shop to take pics of the rifle. But, can't get there early enough.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

Got a bud that bought a 300 H&H complete with an old gloss 4-12x40 AO Redfield at a damn yard sale in Little Rock, Ar. for 300 dollars 10-12 years ago. shocked

Ha ha. I've found some good chit at yard sales buddy. You should try it sometime.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny, I was at the range the other day, and here was this guy, with his wife and daughter...

he was trying to site in some El Cheapo plastic stock wonder, in 300 Win Mag...

he didn't know much.. he was a guy who grew up here but left for California for a career and college
and now is retired and back...

he was hoping his old dad would give him his old Model 70 in 300 H & H... that HIS dad had bought
new in the 30s...along with a 220 Swift ....

Dad wasn't done hunting so wasn't ready to give up the 300 H & H yet...

so this guy went down and bought a cheap 300 Win Mag at BiMart...

can't blame his 80 yr old dad not wanting to give up his dad's Model 70 in 300 H & H...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Ha ha. I've found some good chit at yard sales buddy. You should try it sometime.

If I had to follow my Mom, MIL and Wifey around to sales, I'd be too brain dead to use what I may find from hitting myself in the head with a hammer. eek shocked grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

If I had to follow my Mom, MIL and Wifey around to sales, I'd be too brain dead to use what I may find from hitting myself in the head with a hammer. eek shocked grin

I have a funny story to tell about a buddy of mine. He goes to yard sales and estate sales every once in a while and comes across some damn good deals. He once found a pre war model 70 stock that had been shortened and a recoil pad installed. He asked if I would sell it for him on ebay. He was generous and said I could keep half of what it sold for. I was game for sure. I ended up selling for a little over $150.00, as I had a buy it now of $175.00. Someone shot me an offer and I agreed to it. That was the first day I listed it and was happy that I got my friend what he wanted out of it. I later asked how much he paid for the stock at the yard sale and he said $10.00... I said, damn I almost feel guilty, but I knew the guy that bought it was getting a good deal and my buddy got 1/2 of what I sold it for... Win win for all of us, I guess.... blush

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Holy crap! Now that is funny and I am pretty sure I'd be in the same boat!

Semper Fi
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.