Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
WyoColoCowboy: Good for the Weatherby folks!
Serves kalifornicationkopia right!
I hope to be one of their first customers there in Sheridan, Wyoming (one of my all time favorite towns in the whole world!).
Buck Knives had the good sense and temerity to leave kalifornicationkopia recently and I hope MANY more businesses do the same.
MAGA!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
There's a lot of great people in Wyoming, hope it stays that way. Good for Weatherby to be relocating to the United States!!

Dick

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Here's Adam Weatherby talking about why they're moving to Sheridan.

Modesto Bee

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by watch4bear
And if they sell their CA property, bet they’ll get a pile of money.

Do they own in California or rent?

Being there for 70 years in two locations, I would think they own.

No one would pay rent for that length of time, IMO.

And, back then CA property wasn't as expensive as it has become. Bob Hope became very wealthy, buying CA dirt by the acre, selling it by the foot.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Just thinking about why Wby is renting rather than buying and building in WY.

Sometimes, enterprise zones are set up as a publically owned entity and they don't sell, just build to suit tenant.

We have a legislatively created enterprise zone property here in Central Louisiana. It was England Air Force base. After the base was closed the property was turned into an enterprise zone. England Air Park can build to suit tenants, they can't sell property. This particular project was cutting edge in the way it was structured. The Wall Street Journal sent Daniel Pearl down here to write it up. He's the same Daneil Pearl who was kidnaped and beheaded by Pakistani terrorists.

Maybe the Sheridan enterprise zone is so structured. I'm sure the arrangement is beneficial to Wby and is part of the incentive package WY put together to lure Wby to Sheridan.

Nothing wrong with all that. It's just business.

DF

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I thought weatherby was made in japan

Vanguards, yes. Mark Vs are made by ATEK in the US, but not in California. I don't know what they actually do in CA. Business office maybe? Finall assembly?
Maybe they will do everything in WY.

Mark V's are manufactured and assembled in California. Certain Vanguards are assembled there as well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by HeavyDove
Well how much is a piece of property in WY.? Say maybe 3 to 5 acres? or 10 even?

People don't like moving and paying a chit ton of money for property............I am thinking for the average worker in Weatherby's factory floor....just a regular employee...

If its so wonderful.....what are the property tax....and just how much is land anyway....

Simple house and a small piece of land to put it on.....get my meaning?

If its not good then whats the point?

Heavy

Sheridan real estate is fairly pricey compared to the rest of the state (outside the Jackson area), but compared to Kalifornia, it's cheap.

A friend of mine, HVAC guy, moved to Sheridan maybe 10 years ago and figured a way around Sheridan's real estate inflation. Just look for places in or near Bighorn, Wyarno, Ranchester, etc. These are all just ten or twenty minutes away. Closer than from one side to the other of Cheyenne or Casper (with Mills, Evensville, and such), closer to work than they probably were in Kali, and half to two thirds as expensive. I should of said, " a friend of mine moved a few miles from Bighorn because he go a job in Sheridan".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was saying it's a big deal for Wyoming. California could care less.
Amen. And a great deal for Weatherby, too.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by shootinurse
I was saying it's a big deal for Wyoming. California could care less.
Amen. And a great deal for Weatherby, too.

Yep, "win-win" is the definition of a good business deal.

DF

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There are a number of gun companies getting out of CA and who can blame them. Berger just moved their manufacturing to AZ and corporate headquarters to MO to be in with Lapua as they are both owned by GAMO. There were a couple of others just announced this week but I cannot recall who they are.

Wyoming had a whole section of booths at the SHOT, a tourism booth as well as several other businesses that make it real clear they are from Wyoming and they are all bunched together in the same row.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
As Trump has said many times, why spend your own money when you can spend other peoples... Weatherby was looking for handouts and took those of the most gullible! And it was a pretty damn good package, will wind up costing the locals way more than what they gain from the move... people should really do some searching on stuff!

Phil

Maybe Weatherby will stamp their rifles "Made In Sheridan, Wyo, Not In California".....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kennyd
The one thing that always worries me is Californicating Wyoming. Colorado is already pretty much lost. Assuming the head men, and whoever move are gun guys, they still bring wives, children, who may be died in the wool Californians. Larger populations bring their own troubles.

I don't suppose enough people could move TO California to change the dynamic.

Back in the late 70's during the first Rocky Mountain "lifestyle" population boom, there was a popular bumper sticker that said "Don't Califoriniacate Colorado". It wasn't long before folks in Montana had a bumper sticker that said "Don't Coloradoize Montana".

It happened to both states anyway......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Maybe Weatherby will stamp their rifles "Made In Sheridan, Wyo".....

I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that.

Would be appropriate.

DF

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 45 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,251
Posts18,504,697
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.