Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
No, what we need to preserve our Constitutional right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness is for these people to stop trying to dictate how other people live.

It's a good bet the author is a Trudeau loving Canuck.

Originally Posted by T_O_M
I don't have a social license. I don't need one.

Whenever you see the the root words "common" or "social", it's obvious your dealing with the commie crew.

GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
so the dude who wrote the article was a geography professor huh. he probably does know or suspect how the average urban citizen has become disconnected from the land. they have been schooled in a different direction. it has affected their understanding of natural processes.

at the end of the day it comes down to politics, just like everything else involving humans.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
No, what we need to preserve our Constitutional right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness is for these people to stop trying to dictate how other people live.

But Rocky, you know very well sport hunting is a privilege the same as a driver's license. An argument that sport hunting is a right has no legal/Constitutional standing that I'm aware of.

I could see some groups trying legitimize that point and try to drive it home. That's the reason I always stand on sound and proven game management models when stating my case for non hunting folks.
Managing the older age class benifets the whole population in the big picture. Just because I can't afford to participate in that part of it doesn't negate the role that it plays in overall sound game management of the entire species.

Bottom line is there is no middle ground with those that want to control us.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'll send them all the coyotes they can eat.

And skunks, and diseased hogs. They might think prairie dog is scrumptious as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I burned my "social licence" instead of my draft card.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I remember about the time california passed their restriction on lions, some of their game and fish guys were visiting in arizona, and i had an arizona officer living couple doors down. He was relaying their thoughts that the ban would not be good in general.
Cats lose their fear of humanity, and that's where the trouble starts.
I remember asking this guy about the change in arizona, yes we are massively infected by california, that you couldn't shoot a lactating female or a female with cubs. I said how do you know that in heavy brush at a 100yards. His answer to me was , you were born in arizona, you know what to do. the 3 S's if not the right animal, shoot, shovel, and shut up.
We have had an explosion of growth in arizona people wise, and i personal know of a mt lion that was taking naps on a guys porch in a subdivision in prescott. And warning signs on some of the hiking trails to rattle cans when in a cats presence. Only time till a kid gets snatched. I live near and work in sun city, arizona, part of the metro valley. New arrivals are in horror when little fluffy gets snatched by a pack of coyotes or a hawk. All those golf courses etc are really good for the rabbit population, water, cover and the predators love it too.
I live in phoenix, houses all over, and have a pack of coyotes working the feral cat population around me. Friend of mine says he is waiting for the yotes to get rid of the cats, then he will get rid of the yotes.
I like to tell people and it's true I don't LIKE to kill anything. And I generally will not shoot anything i don't intend to eat. But that's just me.
And i tell people animals don't go to an ol animals home. Wait until you are camped at night and listen to the cries of an animal getting eaten alive by a coyote pack or a lion. A bullet is a lot better.
but this guy is a canadian, not to put down all canadians, but as a member of a conservation group his viewpoint comes through.
I would have had my azz kicked as a kid if i had the chance to shoot certain things and didn't do it. Such as rattlers, yotes, cat and so on.
There were reasons for doing them. still valid. And you have to be stupid not to realize what higher predators can do to deer/elk populations if they themselves are not under pressure. we have an expanding wolf population in arizona that are in a lot of the state where the state says they are not, except people have seen them. they are also cross breeding with coyotes. Years to come will be fun.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/26/18.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't tell somebody how many kids to have, or if they should be vegan, or how they should vote. I can certainly have an opinion and make suggestions, but nobody is required to listen to me. That's the beauty of the USA.

I will say that I don't shoot much these days that I don't want to eat, except coyotes, feral hogs, and water moccasins / copperheads (we do eat feral sows). I'll also plug a crow if the mood strikes and he's bugging me. I give passes to foxes and bobcats, just because I like them and choose to let them go.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s not ok to kill to kill predators......

but, it is ok to kill unborn humans?

F’n Libtards....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Change an entire culture, ... because a geography professor says so.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Typical lack of logic...how do they keep forgetting that furbearer's pelts buy food. Kill to eat, defined - for critical thinkers, at least... A point I rarely get any feedback on after reminding the online Anti freaks.

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I don't care if anybody does it but I don't see the point in killing Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos or Rhinos unless it's in defense of life or property.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by victoro
I don't care if anybody does it but I don't see the point in killing Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos or Rhinos unless it's in defense of life or property.

Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos, and Rhinos are all quite edible.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They eat every ounce of them in Africa when you kill one.

The natives have a much needed bonus from the meat provided.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

My freezer isn't big enough.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

They eat every ounce of them in Africa when you kill one.

The natives have a much needed bonus from the meat provided.

I knew that but that's why hunters pay a lot of money to kill them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why? hunting gives them VALUE, thereby the locals protect them. Not hunting them assures their extinction. It's a FACT, not to mention the other FACT, every once of protein is consumed.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Does this mean I have to junk my 270’s ????

Hey if you wanna rub your junk on your 270 go for it........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
That's not why hunters pay a lot of money to kill them.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we humans do love to consume meat based protein. some people claim we're natural borne vegetarians. some claim we are natural born killers.

the wolves from a contract signed some 20,000 years ago to travel with us knew exactly what they were doing, right?

agreements have been made. we must live up to our side of the bargain, or be banished from the countryside.

animals manifested on this urthen to help humans become established and be in command & control.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The author is warping young minds at U Vic, and once warped, getting them straight is going to be even harder. Shameful.

But I'm running across more data that shows predation from varmints (aka "charismatic megafauna" and/or "large carnivores") is damaging huntable numbers, reducing success, killing agency revenues -- and you can bet your last penny that idiots like our professor think that's great. Predators are like having unregulated poachers given free ammo to kill everything they want. And the anti-niks are so hatred of hunting, they don't understand that there won't even be any fuzzie wuzzies left for them.

These are dangerous times.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,810
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.