Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
gotcha

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Criminal and civil liabilities are completely separate. A person is criminally liable in the State of Texas at age 17. Think OJ...criminally innocent, civilly liable.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2

Ironic that a 18 year old can join any of our military branches, be required to learn and use all kinds of weapon systems and serve in combat areas all over the world risking life, limb and possible lifelong mental anguish but can't legally purchase a firearm from a FFL until they are 21 years old.

Back prior to 1971 18 year olds couldn't vote either but were old enough to be cannon fodder and were only allowed to buy 3/2 beer on post.

Compulsory service at 18 started in 1942. Prior to that it was 21. In 1971 the argument was if you were old enough to be drafted you were old enough to vote, hence the 26th amendment.

I look at it like this. In generations past you were expected to act like a responsible man in your mid teens. You were still on "probation" under the control of your parents. Mommy and daddy held you accountable from a young age, but in your teens there was no tolerance for child like behavior. There was no tolerance to not controling your emotions.

This generation is encouraged to remain in a child like state for as long as they can. Young men in there late teens and early 20's still having temper tantrums. Oh, they may not be on the ground kicking, but it is a temper tantrum. They are taught not to control emotion, but to embrace and express it.

This doesn't apply to all, but sure enough to make the difference.

So I say no military service without parental permission, no buying firearms and no voting until 21.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So I say no military service without parental permission, no buying firearms and no voting until 21.

Poor ol Audie Murphy frown

MOLON LABE

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It should not be that hard, people.

A single, US national age that determines adulthood and all that goes with it...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Poor ol Audie Murphy frown

You can't really compare someone born 90 some odd years ago and raised in the traditional manner to someone born in 2000 and raised with the new way of parenting.

Watch4, I venture to bet your up bringing was much like mine. Had I done in school what kids do now I would have been snatched up and hauled to the office and caught the paddle. I wasn't worried about that, I feared when I got home and dad gave me the real azz beating. You, like me, were probably raised with responsibility and accountability. Yeah, we had chores and we best not make dad have to tell us to do them. You wanted something, best get your azz out and earn some money to get it. Mom and dad put food on your table, a roof over your head and clothes on your back and not much more. They weren't expected to and if they did it was a gift and you appreciated and valued it. Never did you feel entitled to it.

I bet that you, Watch4, never thought you were the center and the purpose of the universe.

Kids today, too many of them, never left the crib.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/25/18.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
At what age does the constitution apply ???

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y
ou can't really compare someone born 90 some odd years ago and raised in the traditional manner to someone born in 2000 and raised with the new way of parenting.

So the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't up to your expectations?
Ever heard about the age of reason?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Age+of+Reason

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Y
ou can't really compare someone born 90 some odd years ago and raised in the traditional manner to someone born in 2000 and raised with the new way of parenting.

So the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't up to your expectations?
Ever heard about the age of reason?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Age+of+Reason

I have, and if you want to infer on them all the benefits of adulthood I have no problem with that. But make sure it's all. Handguns and alcohol too. Total emancipation with military service.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/25/18.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knowing right from wrong can even get you tried as an adult if your crime was heinous enough,

MOLON LABE

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,000 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,411
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.