-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fishing and reloading gear. I have more downriggers than I can legally run up here, but it didn't stop me from buying more. Same thing with trolling rods. Is it bad to have bullets for calibers you don't even have?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have collected a lot of chit over the years. Had Argentine Mauser carbines, baseball cards, old oddball ammo, arrowheads, books.......too much stuff to remember. Wife and I used to hit antique stores looking for Uhl pottery, Aladdin lamps, and Wild Turkey whiskey decanters. We quit because we ran out of room to put everything.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antique Creek Chub Pikie Minnows, Ambassadeur baitcasters, Mitchell spinning reels, Lee reloading kits, Savage 99's, Savage branded ammo. That's enough.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big game animals and Indian artifacts.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
As I prep for another move I have re-discovered I like to collect 3-10 of every-fugking-thing.

You aren't the only one. After my FIL passed, we were going through the garage contents. We found multiples of the craziest things. Just proves a guy cant resist a good deal.......no matter how many of the same things he already has.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't know if I'd call it collecting, but I sure can't seem to walk past a deal on a good knife!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sand.

Every time I'm sitting on a new beach somewhere, I'll fill a water bottle with some dry sand from that beach. I've got about 20 samples now from beaches all over the East Coast, the Caribbean, and Mexico. It's amazing how different they are.

I think I drive the TSA crazy. Every time I fly back from somewhere, the TSA has to open my suitcase and inspect it when they see a water bottle filled with an unknown substance.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jericho
Used to collect coins, but wasnt really serious about it. Had a friend I grew up with who collected old glass bottles.

I try to collect American Gold Eagles when I have some spare change to invest. wink

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm an avid collector/enthusiast:

Custom knives
Alpha optics
German & Swiss hi-end watches
Rifles & pistols
Left handed bows
Custom flashlights
Backpacks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ball caps.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jnyork
Books. American military history and aviation history. Havent read a novel in years and years.

How did this get posted under jnyork's name instead of mine?!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I collect books on hunting big game internationally. I have more than 2,000 including a few published in the mid-19th century. Nearly all of the contemporary titles are first editions signed by their authors.

I also have a home and a cabin loaded with mounts of more than five dozen big game animals.

My grandkids are going to have fun trying to figure what to do with it all. Burglars took my little collection of 39 rifles and shotguns, so they won't have them to worry about.

Bill Quimby

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dust.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marbles

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I don't collect anything seriously. At one time I thought that I wanted to collect knives. Another time it was belt buckles. I have sold most of these. I have a few hundred baseball cards from the 60's. I also have several autographed pictures of baseball and football stars from the 60's. A bunch of the Cardinals, Joe Namath, Johnny U., Guys like that. I hunt Indian artifacts but I don't really collect them. My latest is a venture into cartridge collecting. Who knows where this will go? As I have gotten older I have tried to liquidate the things that my family may have to deal with that they have no interest in. My lead and brass stash will intimidate them enough!

lightman
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Vinegar cruets /sadd irons /savage 99's ---- $2 to $2000----you never know.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by srwshooter
100 dollar bills.

yep........

take up less room in the safe.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My wife says I collect running shoes, hiking boots and ammunition, but no one listens. I do have 23 pairs of Oakley shooting and sun glasses that were gifted to me over the last 10 years.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Friends of mine finally threw in the towell and gave up their farm down in Ohio. I helped at the farm auction and it was more like a funeral. The father collected lots of stuff. It was surprising to see how much he actually had. I grew up working in that barn, putting up straw and hay, helping with the equipment, butchering chickens and such. He had some of everything, I swear. I counted well over 100 wooden doors. Glass door knobs-there must have been 3 55 gallon drums full of them. P.T.O. belts, axe heads, even toilet seats-we found a box with about 25 toilet seats in it. Heck, there was an old Indian motorcycle buried in the barn the kids didn't even know was there. It seems like this collecting/hoarding thing kind of takes on a life of it's own when it gets out of hand like this. They did pretty good on the auction. It was well attended and the bidders weren't sitting on their wallets. I bought an old Harrington Richardson .410 single shot and later was able to give it back to my buddy. His family had killed a lot of rabbits with that gun, and it just had to go home, so it did. Tommy's dad was smiling somewhere, I'm sure.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Fishing and reloading gear. I have more downriggers than I can legally run up here, but it didn't stop me from buying more. Same thing with trolling rods. Is it bad to have bullets for calibers you don't even have?

And loading dies. I just this week went thru bunches of old ammo, bullets and brass I have had laying around for up to 30 years. It was real. So what gun did .298 bullets go too? The big Carcano? Got a bunch. Got a bunch of the old wasp waisted Herters bullets too. Along with that is the usual collection of guns, books to make me think I am smart and old family trinkets. Stuff. Stuff. And more stuff.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 28 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,016
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.