Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I just signed up for the NRA carry guard so I have some insurance to help with the legal/financial part of a self defense shooting if I ever have to use my CCW.
I'm wondering how many guys here have a similar insurance ?

Jamie

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My state has a no-liability law for self defense shootings. Maybe yours does too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JWD8310
My state has a no-liability law for self defense shootings. Maybe yours does too.

That doesn't cover you against legal fees in a criminal case. That's what the big part of the insurance is for - immediate 24/7 phone access to an attorney, money for a retainer and $X for attorney's fees.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Yep,

It's a very good idea.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Self defense "insurance" thread from the Handgun forum:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12185474/1

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
www.USCCA.com or all 877-677-1919. They allow me to sleep at night. This may be getting old, but I'm using it for context - I was a Deputy Sheriff in Texas for 16 years. I was also a departmental and regional firearms instructor. I paid dues to two organizations that did nothing other than represent LEOs in time of need. When I gave up my commission they would no longer allow me to be a member. I looked for shooting insurance via Google and found the USCCA. Great bunch of folks. I picked the platinum package. I have $500,000 for attorneys/court costs/expert witnesses/private investigators. I also am covered for 1 million dollars if I lose a civil judgement. I have 24/7/365 phone number for a Critical Incident team. If I call them (the second call after calling 911 first) they will get me an attorney relatively quickly and will bail me out of jail if I am arrested for a defensive, justified shooting. I believe I am paying 33 dollars a month. Best damn 33 dollars I have ever set up as a automatic debit from my checking account. Peace of Mind is worth a lot. USCCA walks you through every facet of a shooting, what to say to the 911 operator, what bare bones information to give the police when they arrive, and relatively quickly, an attorney that is skilled in defending Concealed Carriers in court. Having an attorney that is not very knowledgeable about shootings is worse than not having as attorney at all and representing yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mag, thanks for this information...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network , Inc.

NOT insurance based ,. ACLDN is a net work with a Huge war chest, ready to help immediately. Without an insurance investigation. Insurance based is not a good format. Who needs insurance companies involved with a shooting?

Couple of years ago the NRA disinvited 2-3 exhibitors from the annual NRA meeting, because the exhibitors had a plan in competition with Carry Guard.. The NRA had just kicked off their Carry Guard. ACLDN was not disinvited. However, Marty Hayes from ACLDN protested the disinvite from the NRA, even though the disinvited were competitors of ACLDN.

ACLDN runs a training site also. If you are serious about Carrying Concealed you need something to protect you.

Carry Guard is , in my studied opinion, woefully insufficient. Do not construe this to mean I do not support the NRA.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am a longtime member of Marty Hayes' Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. It gives you far more bang for your buck than USCCA or NRA CarryGuard. This is both a joint risk-sharing group and a legal defense system.

Marty is an attorney who really gets the value of an affirmative defense for self-defense shootings. He picked up from the strong work done by Massad Ayoob back in the 80's in this regard, and has strengthened it. He has assembled a list of proactive defense attorneys throughout the United States who know how to work aggressively to keep you (the righteous self-defender) from suffering any more than the absolute minimum negative effects that can come at you from the criminal justice system and the subsequent civil lawsuits. Having an attorney with the proper mindset is crucial to surviving the post-shooting environment.

Your dues as a member of ACLDN give you access to a pool of funds that will pay for most, if not all, of your legal costs.

Many (but by no means all) of the attorneys in the ACLDN database have taken Massad Ayoob's training, which is IMHO the best all-around training for the defensive shooter available anywhere. His basic pair of classes, Stressfire (or MAG-20) is a good basic shooting class, but his Armed Citizens' Use of Deadly Force (MAG-40, formerly LFI-1) is the best class you can take for knowing when and how to use your defensive firearm, and how to survive the aftermath. The principles Ayoob elucidates in his courses have been proven time and again to work for folks who get caught up in the justice system's works after having an armed encounter. This stuff is proven to work.

I realize that a lot of people don't like Massad Ayoob, and that's their privilege, even though 90% of the bad stuff folks say about him is BS. I've done the background checking on him myself on all of the accusations, and am satisfied that this is the case. I've also taken almost every class Ayoob teaches and am certified as an instructor in Massad Ayoob Group, although I rarely teach any classes for him or for MAG. So take that as a disclaimer if you like.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
tag

CK
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I am a longtime member of Marty Hayes' Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. It gives you far more bang for your buck than USCCA or NRA CarryGuard. This is both a joint risk-sharing group and a legal defense system.

Marty is an attorney who really gets the value of an affirmative defense for self-defense shootings. He picked up from the strong work done by Massad Ayoob back in the 80's in this regard, and has strengthened it. He has assembled a list of proactive defense attorneys throughout the United States who know how to work aggressively to keep you (the righteous self-defender) from suffering any more than the absolute minimum negative effects that can come at you from the criminal justice system and the subsequent civil lawsuits. Having an attorney with the proper mindset is crucial to surviving the post-shooting environment.

Your dues as a member of ACLDN give you access to a pool of funds that will pay for most, if not all, of your legal costs.

Many (but by no means all) of the attorneys in the ACLDN database have taken Massad Ayoob's training, which is IMHO the best all-around training for the defensive shooter available anywhere. His basic pair of classes, Stressfire (or MAG-20) is a good basic shooting class, but his Armed Citizens' Use of Deadly Force (MAG-40, formerly LFI-1) is the best class you can take for knowing when and how to use your defensive firearm, and how to survive the aftermath. The principles Ayoob elucidates in his courses have been proven time and again to work for folks who get caught up in the justice system's works after having an armed encounter. This stuff is proven to work.

I realize that a lot of people don't like Massad Ayoob, and that's their privilege, even though 90% of the bad stuff folks say about him is BS. I've done the background checking on him myself on all of the accusations, and am satisfied that this is the case. I've also taken almost every class Ayoob teaches and am certified as an instructor in Massad Ayoob Group, although I rarely teach any classes for him or for MAG. So take that as a disclaimer if you like.

Good summary. I also use the ACLDN and think it is better than the NRA or USCCA offerings. I've had most of the training DocRocket mentions as well as training at Thunder Ranch and Marty Hayes' FAS etc..

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Good Summary Doc,

The Ayoob classes are well worth taking.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I need some, I may have to shoot someone

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Jamie,

Obviously, while I cannot speak for anyone but Darla & I, we have NATIONWIDE coverage with TEXAS LAW SHIELD. About 13 bucks a month.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tag

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
I need some, I may have to shoot someone

Well thats the last damn thing I"d have ever posted in a public forum...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by satx78247
Jamie,

Obviously, while I cannot speak for anyone but Darla & I, we have NATIONWIDE coverage with TEXAS LAW SHIELD. About 13 bucks a month.

yours, tex

About to join this, waiting on a stop the bleed class by them hopefully where I can get a discount, all said and done for the US should cost wife and I about 30 bucks a month total.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket

So. You've been planning on killing the defendant a long time...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
tag

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,096
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.