Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Passed on from pop, been doing 'em this way for years;
Lawreys Seasoned Salt
Kikomans Soy Sauce
Garlic Powder
Adolph's Meat Tenderizer

Toss 'em in a pan, light sprinkle of all powders on both sides, double splash of soy sauce, sit for 4+ hours, grill...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to beat kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

Sometimes a 15 minutes marinade of 50/50 soy and Canadian whiskey plus S&P. Tasty..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your very correct about the heavy pepper in Montreal. I’ll look for Chicago Steak seasoning. The reason I really like the Montreal is thesemi dry garlic chunks take on a perfect consistency in my above prep for grilling.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I used to like Montreal until I found Chicago steak seasoning. To my tastebuds it's better, more garlic, less black pepper. If I make too many to eat, the leftover steak gets wrapped in foil with some butter on top and thrown in the oven till the fat is hot and melty again.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I usually rub them with kosher salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and ground coriander. Wrap in plastic, give at least a few hours or overnight. I get my porterhouse steaks cut thick, 2 1/2 to 3 inches, depending on how many it’s for. Stand them up on the flat end on the cool side of the grill (away from the charcoal) , strip side toward the heat, tenderloin side away from the heat with my wireless thermometer probe right down the middle of the strip. Mesquite chunks in a pretty slow burn...when it hits 90 degrees take off the lid, open up the vents and flip it back and forth right over the charcoal and mesquite to sear the outside until I get 120 - 125 on my instant read thermometer. Let set, cut both chunks off the bone, put the bone on a serving platter, slice up both chunks,reassemble around the bone and put it on the table. Very popular at our house or the in-laws.

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Your very correct about the heavy pepper in Montreal. I’ll look for Chicago Steak seasoning. The reason I really like the Montreal is thesemi dry garlic chunks take on a perfect consistency in my above prep for grilling.

I used to like Montreal until I found Chicago steak seasoning. To my tastebuds it's better, more garlic, less black pepper. If I make too many to eat, the leftover steak gets wrapped in foil with some butter on top and thrown in the oven till the fat is hot and melty again.

Chicago is just like Montreal with the dried chunks of garlic, but like I said I prefer the blend, I'm not big on black pepper. FWIW a pinch of Montreal in a glass of warm High Life is simply amazing.

MAGA
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Our family has done well ( Jocko's Restaurant Nipomo CA) using a mix of 12 parts salt, two parts granulated garlic, one part pepper by volume to season their steaks. They have been busy for over 60 years using that mix with well aged beef ......

Man i love that place! Used to get there a couple times a year. Small spencer steak is huge, one of my favorite places to get a steak anywhere. I loved that they cut their own taters for the french fries.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Chicago is just like Montreal with the dried chunks of garlic, but like I said I prefer the blend, I'm not big on black pepper. FWIW a pinch of Montreal in a glass of warm High Life is simply amazing.

Yeah, I’ll take your word for it on that one.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very simple...

Take the elk tenderloins and tie them together with butter and Seasoned salt and course ground black pepper in the middle. Season the outside with the same salt and pepper. Turn on the smoker grill and cook at about 350 degrees with lots of chips and smoke. Cut the string and finish the tenderloins until pink in the middle, there isn't any red meat that will top this...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Salt and pepper.... I like the taste of steak..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Very simple...

Take the elk tenderloins and tie them together with butter and Seasoned salt and course ground black pepper in the middle. Season the outside with the same salt and pepper. Turn on the smoker grill and cook at about 350 degrees with lots of chips and smoke. Cut the string and finish the tenderloins until pink in the middle, there isn't any red meat that will top this...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shrapnel, looks damn good...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Love a nice porterhouse!

Mine would go on the grill nekkid. When it came off, it'd get a generous sprinkling of coarse sea salt and a few turns of the peppermill before being set aside to rest for a few.

This.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It’s taken me awhile but I have finally boiled it down (pun intended) to a 2.5” ribeye sprinkled with Montreal Steak Seasoning placed on very hot grill — 500*-600*. When the centrally-placed, internal, thermometer hits 100* I flip it to the other side. When I see 120* I remove it from the grill to rest; it usually reaches ~ 140*, rare to med rare, in the next ten minutes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Olive oil. Sea salt. Black pepper and cavenders Greek seasoning.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This thread made me hungry for steak. My preference nowadays is Axis steaks medium rare.

Steinbrenner, here's the way I like 'em.....

A little of this goes a long way........
https://www.meatchurch.com/products/holy-cow-meat-rub
I like to apply it and let is sit for at least 30 minutes. I'll add a little garlic salt as well.

After pan searing in olive oil for 2 minutes per side, I like to dump in a lump of this stuff.........
https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Shamy-Garlic-Butter-Parmesan/dp/B01M1AYZQB
It is freaking ridiculous when melted over the top of the steaks.

Let them sit for 5 minutes or so, then wash down with a liberal amount of suds.

[Linked Image]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just Kosher Salt. I've also noticed that most of my grilling utensils weigh about 12 oz. so I make sure I always have a "counter weight" handy.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Do youse guys not like the taste of beef??

Salt and pepper only!

Okay.....maybe a sirloin or a London broil you can get creative with.

But a good cut should not be messed with.

Next thing you lot will start a steak sauce thread!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know a guy that puts ketchup on any cut of beef regardless how good it is. How the hell do you learn that habit?

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Do youse guys not like the taste of beef??

Salt and pepper only!

Okay.....maybe a sirloin or a London broil you can get creative with.

But a good cut should not be messed with.

Next thing you lot will start a steak sauce thread!

Pass me the Heinz please....

Paging Mr Mathman..... grin

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
I know a guy that puts ketchup on any cut of beef regardless how good it is. How the hell do you learn that habit?

He sure didn't learn it from me, but I have a 16 yo stepson who slathers his steak (no matter how good) with ketchup. Turns my stomach, but he's such a good kid I can't say much....just hoping he'll grow out of it.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I learned how to grill in Argentina. They only cook steaks over medium hot charcoal, and only use coarse salt for seasoning. If you use a decent grade of meat, it comes out amazing. My favorite cut of meat is "colita de quadril", or tri-tip.

When I do meat for fajitas, I use a flat iron steak, marinate it for 4-5 hours in equal parts lime juice, soy sauce, and whiskey. Grill it hot for a few minutes on a side. Yum. Flank steak and skirt steak work well too, but more $ and no difference in taste really.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 325wsm1, 30incher, 21 invisible), 16,955 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,299
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.