Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Where in my post did I ask for anyone's agreement? I was merely stating my opinion, still think it was stupid money spurred on by desire to own rather than any real value no matter how rare.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Gunswizard: Still no revision of reality, gunswizard, with your latest post - you stated that WATCHADDIC "foolishly parted with his money" by buying the Rifle in question!
Its glaring obvious that the reality of that sale was he was the winning bidder among MANY and brought home a rare and unique Rifle!
One that is obviously highly sought after.
I maintain my contention (that is in direct opposition to yours!) that WATCHADDIC is now in possession of a rare Rifle of which he can be proud to own and if he wanted to "recoup" the money he spent on it all he has to do is resell it!
Some months on down the road it is highly likely that said Rifle could be sold for a profit - disagree with that if you wish but that is simply denying reality (which is futile).
Indeed no one asked for your agreement, but I will give you my disagreement!
Your opinion is simply wrong and not worldly.
There is a real world out there, wherein reality cannot be credibly denied in public.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Whatever you say. DILLIGAF?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Where in my post did I ask for anyone's agreement? I was merely stating my opinion, still think it was stupid money spurred on by desire to own rather than any real value no matter how rare.
Translate-I can't afford it so its not worth it!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You know what I can afford? How? I have bought and sold firearms from $10-$30K so affordablity has nothing to do with it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You know what I can afford? How? I have bought and sold firearms from $10-$30K so affordablity has nothing to do with it.
Like VarmintGuy said,it is obviously worth it to the buyer. I would say affordability/bosses permission has a lot to do with it for some...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Probably purchased by the same guy who bought the 48.4 million dollar 1962 250 GT Ferrari

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Whilst I could not afford it I am pleased that someone out there can.

Good luck to him.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yea good luck turning a profit anytime soon so he may as well enjoy it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a slight feeling that the gentleman who purchased the 40x isn't a flipper worried about making a quick buck.....

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some posters seem to feel that he may be, not a very astute flipper if that's the case.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
gunswizard: Yes, you are making yourself look like a "giveafucker"!
And that's sad in a way.
Get back in touch with reality - and the sooner the better.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You've earned yourself a spot on my ignore list, since you take issue with my posts feel free to do likewise with me. Have a nice day.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fellers, I know WATCHADDIC. He is a collector and has had some very nice customs built for himself. He is shrewd and knows what he is doing.
You might follow his 40X build by James Anderson. You might remember James did a couple for me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582494

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Butchlambert1: Interesting thread there - thanks for the link.
I own several Remington 40X's (including one rimfire) and greatly admire them.
I concur with your contention that WATCHADDIC has made a pretty shrewd investment - I know my humble all original Remington 40X rimfire has gone up significantly in value since I bought it 20+ years ago.
Despite "gunswizards" petty, un-educated and often ignorant postings I still venture my monies often, on collector quality Rifles and pistols.
I hope WATCHADDIC does very well on his investment and enjoys his pride of ownership of that rare model of Remington 40X.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
W

For the record 4 other oil finishes with less options and rarity have sold from 10-12 thousand in the last 2 years. I have a standing offer for more for this one from 2 high end collectors, one has the largest collection of rare firearms in the country. I am informing you that all your conclusions are wrong, but say whatever you feel the need to, hopefully it makes you feel better.

Rich

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
WATCHADDIC: Thank you for the additional information - very interesting.
Indeed there is a certain percentage (thankfully its small!) of posters here who indeed do "say things that make them feel better" without regard for those "things" be correct/truthful/relevant.
And that diminishes from the quality of this site.
Sad,that.
But people like gunswizard often "conclude" without benefit of knowledge/experience/open mindness.
People like gunswizard are useless and easy to ignore.
Again good for you and your purchase/investment.
"I" am envious, NOT close minded.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Some high class forums, like RimfireCentral.Com, have moderators that police the discourse and eliminate the useless or disrespectful comments and occasionally their posters when repeated warnings don't resonate. Based on some of the stupid stuff I've read here over the years, the campfire could use more moderators.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by sagerat22
Some high class forums, like RimfireCentral.Com, have moderators that police the discourse and eliminate the useless or disrespectful comments and occasionally their posters when repeated warnings don't resonate. Based on some of the stupid stuff I've read here over the years, the campfire could use more moderators.

Funny, I think the rimfirecentral moderators are a pack of left wing homosexual mutts.

But have it your way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Sagerat: I also have very little respect for "rimfire c's" moderators (along with JSTUART) but I will accede to your contention that a little more moderator involvement on this site, with the drivel purveyors (delfarve i.e.) and outright liars (buttfubarski i.e.) would improve this site a skosh.
Those things are aside from gunswizard's errors.
Anyone can make an error but to persist in said errors after goodwill attempts at correction, well thats another class of matter.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 12 invisible), 1,044 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,414
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.