Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JSTUART
South Africa only "thinks" it's experienced apartheid.

Once the Chinese get established in South Africa, apartheid will mean that all blacks will be forbidden from even entering the Chinese enclaves. Any who attempt to will be planted unceremoniously into the ground.

The African Continent will belong to China by 2100,....maybe even sooner.

China is welcome to it.

Maybe so. But in a sense, Africa is the last frontier. I doubt that the surface of its natural resources have been scratched. Uranium mining is already established in Africa,...all types of metals,..and the fun will begin when the Chinese start pulling oil out of its ground.

It's difficult to look ahead and not seeing China becoming the dominant power on the planet. If they integrate the African Continent into their country China could very well be a world power like the world has never seen.

They have enough problems keeping their own country straight. They will however rape Africa of its minerals for sure. They are not experts on colonization so who knows what happens in Africa.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

They have enough problems keeping their own country straight. They will however rape Africa of its minerals for sure. They are not experts on colonization so who knows what happens in Africa.

I fully expect Africa to chew the chinamen up like meatmeal, but Beijing will just keep sending more 'til it has what it wants, which is materials.

People, it already has.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
China has big plans but where’s the market ? The tariffs are all about reigning in China. The internal Chinese market doesn’t come close to supporting their manufacturing base. I think the direct trade to the US is 16% of their entire economy but that’s less than half of the total portion of their economy that’s tied to exports to the US. There’s more in indirect Chinese content. Rough estimates put the Chinese at 40% dependent upon the US market. As Trump drives the US supply chain out of China the Chinese will collapse and at the same time their natural rivals India ,Taiwan and Vietnam will grow stronger. The African investment will become a money pit for the Chinese. They will run out their foreign reserves and it will get ugly quick as the Africans are unable and unwilling to pay the Chinese back. The Chinese have already overextended themselves assuming the US market would remain wide open to their exploitation. They’re in a trap made of their own conceit. We will bring back some high value manufacturing and the rest will get spread around the globe.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Whichever way it does go it is certainly interesting to watch.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
China has big plans but where’s the market ? The tariffs are all about reigning in China. The internal Chinese market doesn’t come close to supporting their manufacturing base. I think the direct trade to the US is 16% of their entire economy but that’s less than half of the total portion of their economy that’s tied to exports to the US. There’s more in indirect Chinese content. Rough estimates put the Chinese at 40% dependent upon the US market. As Trump drives the US supply chain out of China the Chinese will collapse and at the same time their natural rivals India ,Taiwan and Vietnam will grow stronger. The African investment will become a money pit for the Chinese. They will run out their foreign reserves and it will get ugly quick as the Africans are unable and unwilling to pay the Chinese back. The Chinese have already overextended themselves assuming the US market would remain wide open to their exploitation. They’re in a trap made of their own conceit. We will bring back some high value manufacturing and the rest will get spread around the globe.

I don't think China's expansion into Africa has to do with economic opportunities. It has to do with building up their own infrastructure and for providing land and resources for a people who already number 1.4 billion.

The Chinese have no plans to be paid back by the Africans. They will put Africa into debt, then when no payment comes they will simply appropriate whatever they want for payment on the loan.

Putting Africa into debt is a part of China's plan.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
interesting viewpoints we get to read. and often they make perfect sense.

then there's the long discussed view of the Africa Country. noone sees much hope for it, even without the arabs and the hebrews on the northside.

but, if africa could ever come together as one nation, kind of like austraila was positioned, then with a good leader they're also in the drivers seat.

the problem with all those little countries, is that the royal families don't want to cede any of their power, authority, and standard of living to others.

there's too many differing tribes with different cultural backgrounds, beliefs and traditions.

it would take a "hitler" type to unify the continent.

meanwhile, the islamacists will wage war on the heathen, china & the us will compete for available resources to be utilized in their own economies.

it looks like business as usual for a long time to come.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I don't think China's expansion into Africa has to do with economic opportunities. It has to do with building up their own infrastructure and for providing land and resources for a people who already number 1.4 billion.

The Chinese have no plans to be paid back by the Africans. They will put Africa into debt, then when no payment comes they will simply appropriate whatever they want for payment on the loan.

They have used that MO all over South East Asia

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Gus

then there's the long discussed view of the Africa Country. noone sees much hope for it, even without the arabs and the hebrews on the northside.

but, if africa could ever come together as one nation, kind of like austraila was positioned, then with a good leader they're also in the drivers seat.

the problem with all those little countries, is that the royal families don't want to cede any of their power, authority, and standard of living to others.

there's too many differing tribes with different cultural backgrounds, beliefs and traditions.

meanwhile, the islamacists will wage war on the heathen, china & the us will compete for available resources to be utilized in their own economies.

Gus, the only way you will get the majority of the African continent together is around a cookpot, and then only so they can figure out who to throw in it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus

agree, except Israel is not in Africa

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Gus

agree, except Israel is not in Africa

technically, according to convention you are correct.

but looking at the maps, they're physically connected to africa. somebody in the past made the call as how to divide the land areas, and name them.

without the hebrews qualifying as being legitimate members, plenty of arabs in the north end probably wouldn't want to bow to an african king.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Putting Africa into debt is definitely part of the plan but the need for those resources goes away as their economy collapses. They’ll need the cash they dumped into the belt and road to shore up the home front. Taking a uranium mine doesn’t do them a lot of good when they no longer need the uranium. The covenant between the Chinese Communist Party and the people is peace , prosperity , and national pride in an ascending China in exchange for total one party rule. If the economy doesn’t continue to grow and provide prosperity and the the leadership offers war for empire the Chinese Communist Party is not long for this world.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
China has existed for 5 millennia. I wouldn't be too quick to count it out.

In fact, it seems to me that China is the only Nation on the planet with long term plans.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As for them having lots of people is true but the rest of the story is that due to the one child policy they’re getting old fast. When 800 million of your 1.4 billion people are elderly the economy becomes stagnant and you can’t afford to lose any of your productive younger people. Hard to get the kids to go along with killing their parents and grandparents so communist can free up cash and young men for imperial wars.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
China has existed for 5 millennia. I wouldn't be too quick to count it out.

In fact, it seems to me that China is the only Nation on the planet with long term plans.

I don’t count China out but I count on them being Chinese. They have throughout history overreached and collapsed and have been dominated by outsiders much of that time. The Great Wall was to keep the mongols out but failed. The mongols ruled China and other people have ruled China for much of its past. The arrogance of Xi Jinping has led to them declaring their imperial ambitions long before they secured their ability. We are now going to pull the rug from under them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The locals are in for a hard lesson in politics...they deserve it...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
As for them having lots of people is true but the rest of the story is that due to the one child policy they’re getting old fast. When 800 million of your 1.4 billion people are elderly the economy becomes stagnant and you can’t afford to lose any of your productive younger people. Hard to get the kids to go along with killing their parents and grandparents so communist can free up cash and young men for imperial wars.

About half the population of China is between 24 and 54 years old. Its military is comprised of 2.3 million people including 1.6 million ground forces.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
South Africa only "thinks" it's experienced apartheid.

Once the Chinese get established in South Africa, apartheid will mean that all blacks will be forbidden from even entering the Chinese enclaves. Any who attempt to will be planted unceremoniously into the ground.

The African Continent will belong to China by 2100,....maybe even sooner.

Have you been there?

The base outside of Harare runs right along main road, you see Chinese troops when driving by, and they built an underground airbase back in 2014. You don't put in air power without protecting it, so I don't think this is new.

They import their labor into Namibia for mining sector.

Planting crops in Tanzania......own Mozambique.

They don't have to wait 80 years; they can take anything they want right now.

Last edited by dinsdale; 09/12/18.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by dinsdale

They don't have to wait 80 years; they can take anything they want right now.

Oh,...I don't doubt it. I wonder how long it will be before they appropriate the farmland?

It'll be the end of the farm murders once the Chinese take them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The Chinese promise the world then import Chinese to do the work, when they leave they take everything including the railway tracks.

Those poor bloody Africans are going to get a shafting like they have never experienced...the rich ones will go to Europe on the Chinese bribes.

The Cubans left their mark from the 60s through much of the 80s. SAMs are nothing new in most of Africa.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, given the variety of game and the scarcity of smaller felines, what kind of meat do you suppose will be in the Kung Pao chicken...?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.