Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OCSarge Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any experience with these? Clarity, quality, etc...

Thanks,

Dave

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
For the same $$$ you can get the Nikon Laserforce 10x42 which are a superior unit

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Agree with Doug, I compared both and the Nikon was heads and shoulders better than the Vortex

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Doug/Buzzaw

Would appreciate you expanding on your answers. Why was the Nikon better?

Glass? Ranging? Features/ease of use? Reliability?

Thanks,

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got a chance to go out into the Cabelas parking lot with the Nikon and Vortex a couple of months ago. It was a hot, overcast day, and the Nikon would range further and quicker than the Vortex. The optics were superior in the Nikon as well, at least with my 57 year old eyeballs. The only reason to consider the Vortex would be the lifetime warranty, even on electronics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

OCSarge Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Guys,

Thanks! Looks like the Nikons are the way to go in that price range.

Respectfully,

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
IMO, the fit and finish on the Nikon is superior. The optics may be a very slight bit better and the reading is possibly a hair quicker.
Please give us a call to discuss it and possibly get one on the way to you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Buy the geovidr, it's a couple hundred more and not a colossal pile of [bleep] like the nikon or vortex..

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by WRO
Buy the geovidr, it's a couple hundred more and not a colossal pile of [bleep] like the nikon or vortex..

Have you used the Nikon?

I have used four pair extensively compared directly against multiple Swarovski EL Ranges, Meopta MeoRange, Leica Geovids, etc. “Colossal pile of [bleep]” is not what I and about 20 other people have noted.

The range finder is excellent. The warranty covers electronics. The glass is not as good as the Swaros, Leica or Meopta, but it is pretty dang good. If I were to buy a Bino LRF today, for most uses I would buy the Nikons over the others.

As a total package the LaserForce is one of the top options in my opinion.

IC B3

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by WRO

Have you used the Nikon?

I have used four pair extensively compared directly against multiple Swarovski EL Ranges, Meopta MeoRange, Leica Geovids, etc. “Colossal pile of [bleep]” is not what I and about 20 other people have noted.

The range finder is excellent. The warranty covers electronics. The glass is not as good as the Swaros, Leica or Meopta, but it is pretty dang good. If I were to buy a Bino LRF today, for most uses I would buy the Nikons over the others.

As a total package the LaserForce is one of the top options in my opinion.

I've spent enough time behind them to feel pretty strongly that the glass sucks.. The edge to edge clarity is marginal, the detail/colors aren't there, and the light transmission leaves something to be desired. If you're shooting LR you still have to run dope which they don't do.

All things equal, if you have to have RF glasses, for a couple hundred more you can get the Leica Geovid HD-R's which have much better glass in them.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of any of the RF glasses I've used or have owned. I'm not willing to give up optical clarity for the convenience.. If it's under 300 it's some variance of point and shoot, if it's over 300 I'm typically using the my kestrel/sig to do my heavy lifting.

I wouldn't feel at all confident glassing the country I hunt with them. I can say with great certainty that it would be headache city within a few hours and a lot of the fine detail work that I do would be impacted.

A lot of people have a lot of opinions, I'm sticking with mine.

Last edited by WRO; 09/18/18.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
For the same $$$ you can get the Nikon Laserforce 10x42 which are a superior unit

I agree with that. Those Nikon's are clutch. Call Doug and get you one.

Last edited by TexasWicked1; 09/18/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasWicked1
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I agree with that. Those Nikon's are clutch. Call Doug and get you one.

smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by WRO

I've spent enough time behind them to feel pretty strongly that the glass sucks.. The edge to edge clarity is marginal, the detail/colors aren't there, and the light transmission leaves something to be desired. If you're shooting LR you still have to run dope which they don't do.

All things equal, if you have to have RF glasses, for a couple hundred more you can get the Leica Geovid HD-R's which have much better glass in them.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of any of the RF glasses I've used or have owned. I'm not willing to give up optical clarity for the convenience.. If it's under 300 it's some variance of point and shoot, if it's over 300 I'm typically using the my kestrel/sig to do my heavy lifting.

I wouldn't feel at all confident glassing the country I hunt with them. I can say with great certainty that it would be headache city within a few hours and a lot of the fine detail work that I do would be impacted.

Specific, long glassing sessions with binos on a tripod is not what I would call “most uses”. For that, I agree and prefer the Swarovski, Leica, and Meopta.

For normal binocular uses- locating game, judging, general scanning, as well as LRF duties they do well. A factor to consider with ALL bino LRF’s is that it’s not “if” the laser goes out, it’s “when”. Lifetime warranty on the electronics will be important to most people.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The only lifetime warranty on electronics I'm aware of is the Vortex. Nobody else does it, and it's not covered by Nikon's "No Fault" either.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The only lifetime warranty on electronics I'm aware of is the Vortex. Nobody else does it, and it's not covered by Nikon's "No Fault" either.

That's why I'd rather have a separate rangefinder and spend the extra money on better glass for the binoculars.

Scott
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Nikon is stating that the No fault Warrenty includes the electronics for the Laserforce only. They’ve put it in a couple of there own videos, and I’ve spoken at length with two of their reps about it.

Whether or not they honor it, I don’t know, but they are claiming lifetime warranty on everything.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Nikon is stating that the No fault Warrenty includes the electronics for the Laserforce only. They’ve put it in a couple of there own videos, and I’ve spoken at length with two of their reps about it.

Whether or not they honor it, I don’t know, but they are claiming lifetime warranty on everything.

I hope your right, as I liked the NIkon quite a bit. However, they've been saying that their new warranties transfer to a new owner too, but their warranty cards, and warranty stuff on their website still say original owner only.

Warranty for Nikon products with electronics:
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en...Scope-Non-Electronic-Warranty-Sample.pdf

Warranty for Nikon products without electronics:
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en...-Scope_No_Electronic-warranty-sample.pdf

I'm trying out a Geovid right now, and hope I don't regret it.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/18/18.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WRO

Specific, long glassing sessions with binos on a tripod is not what I would call “most uses”. For that, I agree and prefer the Swarovski, Leica, and Meopta.

For normal binocular uses- locating game, judging, general scanning, as well as LRF duties they do well. A factor to consider with ALL bino LRF’s is that it’s not “if” the laser goes out, it’s “when”. Lifetime warranty on the electronics will be important to most people.

It is for me and where i hunt..

You brought up another good point, when your rf goes tits up, you're out both your binos and rf. Sounds great🤔.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,578
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.