Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I went to the auto parts place this am to get new rear springs for the Suburban. Pawn shop is in same shopping center, so, of course, I stop in. Like an idiot, I head over to the guitars, first. Before I can make it to the guns, a Hispanic guy comes in and starts looking at them. He tells the guy behind the counter, “Lemme look at that 22!”. I walk over about that time, and danged if it isn’t a Marlin Golden 39M. He tells the employee, “I collect guns. I have about 130!” Ummm... OK....

Anyway, employee gets key to glass case. Shows guy the Marlin. Tells him it’s $299. I’m kickng myself. Not perfect, but just a few scratches on the stock.

Then, Mr. “Gun Collector” starts telling employee “”These are only $280 at Academy!” Is the guy just trying to get a deal, or does he think it’s a Henry??? Manager then says they’ll do $270 on it. That’s not good enough for the guy, and he asks if they’ll call the “top” manager. She says $270, too. Guy insists that’s “too much”, and heads out.

I jump on it like stink on a monkey. Got it home, a little dark Old English Scratch Cover, and 5 minutes later it looks great! The guy passed on $500 gun at $270, and was too stupid to know it! Thing has never even had a scope on it. Marlin Golden 39M for $270!!!

I'm always in the pawnshops.

You can find some gems big time.

I got 5 real nice firearms right now in my collection from pawn america shops here in town

They get daily and weekly sales goals from corparate.
They want to hit those numbers and will wheel and deal
Specially if ya catch em on a monday or Friday and the numbers for them suck from previous week
It compounds on em

I had one of the mangers tell me if we can make 10 bucks and move something and make a corparate goal.
gone.

Pricing sometimes on items is incredible cause most of the employees are females and dont research guns thst well
Even when using computers.

You can tell when they are behind goasl or way ahead on em
But they way they act on prices.

Their are 4 pawn america,s in town sold by the family that previously owned them all
With alot of the same employees

Privately owned shops it is hard negotiating alotta of times and ya just gotta walk

Or say I'm gonna check out pawn america and see what they have

You either get indifference , attitude. and walk, or more negotiating on price.

I agree on the deals at the pawn shops. My best haul was two 336's in good condition for $200.00, and one of them was in .35 Remington.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
There are deals at pawn shops. There are deals at gun shows. Just like hunting, there’s not a “deal” (trophy buck) every time. The fun is often in the looking/hunting, not just the buying/killing.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I hear those Osprey scopes are Clear Rugged Precise

I bet they're just like an S&B but cheaper.

Yep,

Drop them off a 100 story building and you won't see through them any worse then before you dropped it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Now I'm having the shoulda, coulda, woulda thought crap about that NHM91.
Oh well.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now I'm having the shoulda, coulda, woulda thought crap about that NHM91.
Oh well.....

Who saw that coming? Dude I had to wipe my screen off after you got done talking about it!

LOL
IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I wont hardly go to a gun show anymore. used "non collectible" firearms being sold for more than you can buy one new for. and lots and lots of junk. I also get a kick out of the "reloads". like im going to buy and shoot ammo someone i dont know reloaded. Or buy A 20 year old box of 12 guage ammo.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I give you a lot of credit for putting up with that BS and crap for four hours. About 90 minutes into it and I am done.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
I give you a lot of credit for putting up with that BS and crap for four hours. About 90 minutes into it and I am done.

Most of it was spent outside on smoke breaks and inside cruising around
Keeping an eye on attendees coming in with guns to sell or trade

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
You guys have all those people selling Chinese, junk Damascus knives up there. I saw two or three tables selling the stuff last time I went. Pain relieving creams, candles, kitchen ware. More like a flea market here.

Don't forget the plastic blow guns, t-shirts with various species of dogs on them, home decor, air-soft AR's, DVD's of "Triumph of the Will," and trash jewelry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tulsa is the only show we got to anymore

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I go for the Turkey Jerky. All 3 daughters and their families LOVE it! Grandkids love traipsing the isles with me. Grandson bought a vendor made rubberband gun! His sister went into hiding for at least a week.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob

Most of it was spent outside on smoke breaks and inside cruising around
Keeping an eye on attendees coming in with guns to sell or trade

Certainly workable diversions.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ran across 2 old friends I have not seen in years yesterday at our local Des Moines gun show. It was worth the $7 to see them. I also bought some bullets and primers. Not that I need anymore but you never know.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Guns shows are a fuggin joke and waste o time.

Fück Joe byron
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
At least you didn't almost get shot in the back from an AD - like me at the last one I attended.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Like minded people with common interest, promoting the sport. Why are some people so fuggin bitter?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Beef jerky, stun guns, junk knives, Anderson ar15 crap, over priced ammo ,
Yadda, yadda yadda..

That's why I gave up gun shows... Who gives a rat's azz about those damn things any more???

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Like minded people with common interest, promoting the sport. Why are some people so fuggin bitter?

Gofuckyourself and keep attending that retarded Shiit.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 01/27/19.

Fück Joe byron
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Used to like the Bill Goodman gunshows in Indy.
Back in the 90's.

The Indy 1500 has been crap for at least a decade, and smaller shows suffer from crapitis as well.

Did hit a little local one last month, sometimes a Contender guy shows up.
He was there. Bought a '71 Sporter 10/22 out the door for $250.
Kinda rough, got it halfway cleaned up. Be a cool hunting gun.

About 7 yrs ago I picked up a minty 1100 magnum 12 w a 2 3/4" bbl on it for $300 out the door.
Good wood too.

I skip half the local/semi local shows and even then.......maybe one out of five I do attend has something decent. Like a single item.
Really, its cheaper, less hassle......to shop online.

Plus nobody will crop dust ya.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/27/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
DMc: I can't give you a rational answer to your direct question - "Why are some people so fuggin bitter"?
I tend to think there is NO rational answer to many peoples "bitterness"!
Life is simply to short for that crap.
I have done so amazingly well at recent gunshows that I am revved to the max to get to the next one (Livingston, Montana February 1st, 2nd & 3rd) I can hardly wait.
Its fine with me that the "bitter" ones won't be attending - that gives me a better chance at all the things I am interested in!
As a member of W.C.S.of M. I get into virtually ALL the gunshows in Montana for free!
I was scheduled to attend the Post Falls, Idaho gunshow this weekend but an old friend and workmate of mine decided to show up (unscheduled!) and we have been visiting this weekend, and he wanted to fish the Ice Fishing Derby yesterday so that trip to Idaho did not get made.
My friend that had tables there in Post Falls called at noon today and he did well there buying and selling. He bought a Smith & Wesson Model 28 and a fair amount of both rimfire and centerfire ammunition.
I am jealous.
After the Livingston Gunshow I will be doing the Billings gunshow (Feb, 8, 9 &10) then Hamilton, Montana the next weekend!
Yeah you bitter, lazy fellas just stay home and twiddle the remote!
Less competition - means more for me.
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,978
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.