Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I hope you don't talk like that around your mother!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It isn't that they are harbored. It's usually scumbag lawyers that sue if you fire them that make departments be careful
and sure who they fire.

So the Dept will harbor cops they know deserve firing, jjust because they are afraid of being sued for firing a cop that deserves firing. .. crazy

How much would the Dept be sued if those cops kill an innocent bystander during a grossly negligent discharge?

Not sure. Ask Rob Jordan.

Oh. Wait...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Looks like another dumbass picking a fight because he can’t get his ass outside in the winter. The most dangerous job is the one someone is doing when they die. Whether it’s making flower arrangements are involved in armed combat. Pretty simple. Statistics lie and liars use statistics.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Law enforcement deaths have actually been going down. The 1960-1980s were much worse, especially since there were fewer cops.
https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/officer-deaths-by-year

Modern medical care has contributed in large part to this, not to mention the increased used of body armor, and safer cars.

The job itself hasn't gotten any less violent, you just have a better chance of surviving it now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by brinky72
The most dangerous job is the one someone is doing when they die. Whether it’s making flower arrangements are involved in armed combat.

I though the most dangerous jobs are determined by or involve the level of inherent risk and probability.

Insurance companies work on probability..... probability says florists or candy makers are less likely to die
due to conditions of the job, than those that work with explosives or aircraft.

but I feel better around explosives and aircraft than I would a temperamental gay florist that looses
his bad temper while holding a pair of sharp shears.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Hardcore Nationalism is the next natural progression from Libertarianism.

You've just got to have your nose rubbed in Communism a few times and you'll put that Libertarian bullshit aside.

Communists chew libertarians up and spit them out. But they're scared to fuggin' death of hardcore Nationalists.

Some of us still love freedom, even after decades of communism being thrown in our faces. The Founding Fathers also fought tyranny, after dealing with it their whole lives. And then there are the pseudo-patriot Boomers here on the fire, who hate every horrible thing the left does, yet support every horrible thing the right does, and imagine themselves superior, just like their adversaries do. Outside of those two groups is a third group who realizes that government is evil and best eradicated unless it is pathetically weak, that force is evil unless used in self defense, and that every human contains a tyrant when he/she gets power of any kind. I see a lot of old tyrants here on the fire.

Yeah, yeah,...I know.

It's the same speech that everybody makes on their way to the gulag.

This is what it sounds like when stoners drink too much and attempt to have an intelligent conversation...again.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Law enforcement deaths have actually been going down. The 1960-1980s were much worse, especially since there were fewer cops.

2018 had 144 officer deaths.

Where does that fit in?

A bit of an increase?

Did you even look at the link? There are only 5 years from 1970 to present that had less than 144 deaths.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The amount of anger and mistrust that many on here have towards the police, on this site, never fails to amaze me. They rarely miss an opportunity to express it. Whenever the issue comes up, the responses are very predictable. Clearly, there are those with an axe to grind and grind and grind and grind. Oh well, I'm sure glad I don't have to see any of you when I respond to calls tonight. If you're driving through my jurisdiction tonight at more than 15 mph above the speed limit, are drunk or behaving recklessly, we may have a chat. No doubt whatever happens will be my fault.

You wont see me in a donut shop and if you've done nothing wrong, you won't have reason to be concerned about me. However, if you are looking for trouble, you came to the right place. One other thing, I have never and would never take anything that wasn't mine. Period! As far as danger goes...it comes with the territory. I never thought much about it. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I accept that. Somebody wishing to make that happen only needs to be quicker than I am, and not miss.

The reason I took this job, as a second career is simple. I wanted to help those that needed help and make a positive impact in my community. I've been at it coming up on 15 years and I know I have done that. Like many professions, it's a job that needs to be done, but isn't for everyone. Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just can't wash off the dirt or unsee what you've seen. Try looking a man in the eye and telling him that his wife of 25 years is dead in a car wreck and that he can't see her, or bring a couple home from the hospital after their only child has been killed in a tragic accident and walk them into the house the first time, without their son. Try explaining to a four year old girl that her mommy can't wake up. It's all part of the job. Anyway, I'd like some of you computer badasses who have been so badly wronged, to go with me into some off the places I'm going into tonight. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Now, GFY!

Thanks for doing a job no one asked you to do, while you force them at gunpoint to pay you. Then later you can continue to pat yourself on the back while you collect your pension, which other officers force the rest of us to pay, at gunpoint.

You missed the fact that you are paying for us being able to phug w/ your pansy asses, while really having a great time. Thanks to all you dumbasses.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Where does that fit in?

A bit of an increase?

Did you even look at the link? There are only 5 years from 1970 to present that had less than 144 deaths.

Yeah. I looked.

A bit of an increase from last year though, huh?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker

You've just got to have your nose rubbed in Communism a few times and you'll put that Libertarian bullshit aside.

Communists chew libertarians up and spit them out. But they're scared to fuggin' death of hardcore Nationalists.

Some of us still love freedom, even after decades of communism being thrown in our faces. The Founding Fathers also fought tyranny, after dealing with it their whole lives. And then there are the pseudo-patriot Boomers here on the fire, who hate every horrible thing the left does, yet support every horrible thing the right does, and imagine themselves superior, just like their adversaries do. Outside of those two groups is a third group who realizes that government is evil and best eradicated unless it is pathetically weak, that force is evil unless used in self defense, and that every human contains a tyrant when he/she gets power of any kind. I see a lot of old tyrants here on the fire.

Yeah, yeah,...I know.

This is what it sounds like when stoners drink too much and attempt to have an intelligent conversation...again.

mike r

,...and you sound like a butthurt old Khazar,...as usual.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Where does that fit in?

A bit of an increase?

Yeah. I looked.

A bit of an increase from last year though, huh?

Yes, but one year is not a trend.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Modern medical care has contributed in large part to this, not to mention the increased used of body armor, and safer cars.

The job itself hasn't gotten any less violent, you just have a better chance of surviving it now.

Yes, modern medical helps, just like it does equally for all the other dangerous jobs.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What about the old Motor Bandit days?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by larrylee
I don't remember seeing you in the jungles or highlands in VietNam!

Not sure how that is relevant to my post but FYI...I was born in 1961. If you were there in the service to our country, then thank you for that.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Ski patrol.

Don't laugh snow bunnies will kill your ass

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The amount of anger and mistrust that many on here have towards the police, on this site, never fails to amaze me. They rarely miss an opportunity to express it. Whenever the issue comes up, the responses are very predictable. Clearly, there are those with an axe to grind and grind and grind and grind. Oh well, I'm sure glad I don't have to see any of you when I respond to calls tonight. If you're driving through my jurisdiction tonight at more than 15 mph above the speed limit, are drunk or behaving recklessly, we may have a chat. No doubt whatever happens will be my fault.

You wont see me in a donut shop and if you've done nothing wrong, you won't have reason to be concerned about me. However, if you are looking for trouble, you came to the right place. One other thing, I have never and would never take anything that wasn't mine. Period! As far as danger goes...it comes with the territory. I never thought much about it. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I accept that. Somebody wishing to make that happen only needs to be quicker than I am, and not miss.

The reason I took this job, as a second career is simple. I wanted to help those that needed help and make a positive impact in my community. I've been at it coming up on 15 years and I know I have done that. Like many professions, it's a job that needs to be done, but isn't for everyone. Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just can't wash off the dirt or unsee what you've seen. Try looking a man in the eye and telling him that his wife of 25 years is dead in a car wreck and that he can't see her, or bring a couple home from the hospital after their only child has been killed in a tragic accident and walk them into the house the first time, without their son. Try explaining to a four year old girl that her mommy can't wake up. It's all part of the job. Anyway, I'd like some of you computer badasses who have been so badly wronged, to go with me into some off the places I'm going into tonight. I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Now, GFY!

Thanks for doing a job no one asked you to do, while you force them at gunpoint to pay you. Then later you can continue to pat yourself on the back while you collect your pension, which other officers force the rest of us to pay, at gunpoint.

You missed the fact that you are paying for us being able to phug w/ your pansy asses, while really having a great time. Thanks to all you dumbasses.

mike r

Best post yet! Telling it like you see it.!!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
South African farmer should top the list

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Yeah, yeah,...I know.

mike r

,...and you sound like a butthurt old Khazar,...as usual.

Would that be a turcik khazar or the jewish variety? Oh wait it's bristoe, SOS, scared of joos, nigras, women and every one who doesn.t hate his life.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Yes, modern medical helps, just like it does equally for all the other dangerous jobs.

Yes and no. The types of injuries often seen in Law Enforcement has especially benefited from the radical changes in in pre-hospital care lessons gleaned from nearly 20 years of war. But yeah....everyone benefits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is the purpose of this thread? I don't hear any cops whining about their jobs being dangerous...just the usual pussies whining about cops.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,499
Posts18,509,181
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.