Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You're not cediing [bleep]. The historic border remains the same..

BS.

Anything you don't hold, you cede.

Who is saying Cede It? Our law enforcement, national guard, government entities, etc. would still be there south of I10 protecting our soil and citizens...

By your logic we already ceded it to the Mexicans long ago. Whats the percentage of White/ Black to Mexican ratio now south of I10?

Why not hold the fuggin BORDER?

If you are going to the time, trouble and expense you propose in this insane thread, why not just put the efforts on the damn border?

I'm done with this BS thread. Holy crap.

Because it's impossible to build a border wall the length of the actual border. The freaking imminent domain lawsuits alone will last for years. Most of it is in remote ass places we cannot get to easily...The changing politicians will never ever let it happen..The Environmental Protection groups will never let it happen....The ranchers in the Rio Grande Valley needing access to the water will never let it happen...The list goes on and on...It is a pipe dream man. It would take decades to get it done. Every kind of lawsuit people can think of to stop it from happening...

The objections you just stated about the border wall being built,,,,wouldn’t the same apply along the I-10 corridor that you proffer ?

Take your time, think about it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T

[quote]If you are going to the time, trouble and expense you propose in this insane thread, why not just put the efforts on the damn border?

Because it's impossible to build a border wall the length of the actual border. The freaking imminent domain lawsuits alone will last for years. Most of it is in remote ass places we cannot get to easily...The changing politicians will never ever let it happen..The Environmental Protection groups will never let it happen....The ranchers in the Rio Grande Valley needing access to the water will never let it happen...The list goes on and on...It is a pipe dream man. It would take decades to get it done. Every kind of lawsuit people can think of to stop it from happening...

The objections you just stated about the border wall being built,,,,wouldn’t the same apply along the I-10 corridor that you proffer ?

Would it be easier access for equipment to build and maintain a wall on I10 instead of the actual border? Obviously, yes...

Would it be easier to control, monitor, etc...Obviously, yes...

Would their be Eminant domain issues? No...The FEDs/ States already own the Interstate and highways and land near them...

Access to water issues? No...Nothing would change. Nobody is cut off from water.

Environmental group problems, Maybe? They wouldnt have much of an argument considering their is already a big ass interstate there...And, there are already tons of walls on Interstates everywhere...Besides, you wouldn't need the wall the entire length of the Interstate...Just in remote areas outside cities and towns...Cameras could be used closer to Cities and Towns...If they are worried about animals getting across the Interstate, then tunnels like the ones used very successfully for elk crossings could be put under the Interstate in strategic places...Its actually safer for them than crossing the Interstate...The tunnels could be monitored, controlled with cameras....We would have a great shot at winning this. Good luck winning down on the actual border where you are going to have to build roads through untouched land in a lot of cases just to get equipment in to build the wall.

Politicians? The DEMS say they are all for more security and especially security at ports of entry, but who knows what the fuggers would do next, so 50/50 here...

Last edited by The_Chadster; 02/04/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

If you are going to the time, trouble and expense you propose in this insane thread, why not just put the efforts on the damn border?

[quote]The objections you just stated about the border wall being built,,,,wouldn’t the same apply along the I-10 corridor that you proffer ?

Eminant domain, no...The FEDs/ States already own the Interstate and highways and land near them right?

Access to water , no...Nothing would change. Nobody is cut off from water.

Environmental groups, Maybe? They wouldnt have much of an argument considering their is already a big ass interstate there...And, there are already tons of walls on Interstates everywhere...Besides, you wouldn't need the wall the entire length of the Interstate...

Politicians. The DEMS say they are all for more security at ports of entry...So, 50/50 here...

Ahh, I see. Thanks a million.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've always wondered, why don't they just build the barrier/ smart wall for border security along Interstate 10 from California all the way through Texas? No eminant domain issues, no problems with access, etc ...Im not talking about a land give away to Mexico...Any of the U.S.ranchers/ people/ cities south of the wall would still be on US soil up to the historic border with Mexico...They could get access in and out of the smart wall through ports of entry/ exit in the wall where their is 24/7 security and border patrol, scanners, etc...They would also still be under the protection of our law enforcement and military, national guard, etc. south of the smart wall. We could have facial recognition software at the ports of entry on I10 and actually be able to deport criminals and stop them from coming back to 90 plus percent of the country...

Try jumping that wall or smuggle people or drugs and not be caught at a port of entry or seen by the general public on the Interstate...Obviously, only build it where needed along the Interstate...

They would also have to change the stupid asylum laws about stepping foot on U.S. soil and getting automatic refugee status if they qualify.

I cant beleive this is the 1st time i seen this thread.

This has to be the 2019 dumbest post of the year .....

Mike drop.....

Clunk..........

Last edited by renegade50; 02/04/19.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
how old are you?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
how old are you?

Elkslayer’s son, someone said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[quote]If you are going to the time, trouble and expense you propose in this insane thread, why not just put the efforts on the damn border?

If a wall is built on the border, most of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land.

Would it be easier access for equipment to build and maintain a wall on I10 instead of the actual border? Obviously, yes...

Would their be Eminant domain issues? No...The FEDs/ States already own the Interstate and highways and land near them...

If a wall is built on the border, virtually all of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land. Besides, thanks to our our last Democrat in the White House and the congress during his administration, current law allows the feds to take land within a relatively large corridor adjacent to the border for border security purposes with no condemnation or compensation.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I was thinking dumbest f u c k i n g thread of January 2019, but, alas, here the bastid is! Please Someone Help!!!!!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by mudhen

If a wall is built on the border, most of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land.

If a wall is built on the border, virtually all of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land. Besides, thanks to our our last Democrat in the White House and the congress during his administration, current law allows the feds to take land within a relatively large corridor adjacent to the border for border security purposes with no condemnation or compensation.

The Roosevelt Easement is only good for 700 out of 1900 plus miles of the border. It's in Arizona, California, and New Mexico. What do you do about all the ranchers in Texas on the Rio Grande or valley on North side of Rio Grande needing the water? You think you can take their land for nothing without a lawsuit? A lady in South Texas already got 50 plus grand for 1 acre of her land in a lawsuit plus a gate in the border wall with a code she can open it up with...That's just 1 lawsuit....

Why would the government have to take a bunch of land near I10?, they already own it in both bar ditches all up and down I10...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=The_Chadster]

The Roosevelt Easement is only good for 700 out of 1900 plus miles of the border. It's in Arizona, California, and New Mexico. What do you do about all the ranchers in Texas on the Rio Grande or valley on North side of Rio Grande needing the water? You think you can take their land for nothing without a lawsuit? A lady in South Texas already got 50 plus grand for 1 acre of her land in a lawsuit plus a gate in the border wall with a code she can open it up with...That's just 1 lawsuit....

Why would the government have to take a bunch of land near I10?, they already own it in both bar ditches all up and down I10...

[quote=The_Chadster]

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 44 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,568
Posts18,510,712
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.