Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
A bag of catfish heads locked in the cab of a crane over the weekend in July. Ain't a man alive who could have spent a Monday operating that damn crane.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the 70's when I drove a garbage truck we used to have an animal hospital client. The head vet. there routinely put old, sick and injured dogs "to sleep" for people. They had the option of taking the carcass if they wanted to bury it someplace, or for an extra fee he would see to it that they were "properly disposed of". What those people didn't know was that he just put the dead dogs out back in large heavy gauge metal garbage cans with a lid that would be on firmly and be air tight. We only went there once a week and in the summer some of those dead animals could be "cooking" in those big, sealed, metal cans out in the sun for as long as a week. I would take a lungful of clean air and hold my breath while I took the lid off, dumped it into the hopper of the garbage truck and cycled the packer to get it packed in with the rest of the refuse as quickly as possible. If you unintentionally got a whiff of that it was enough to trigger vomiting. No problem in the dead of winter, though, as they were all frozen solid. Eventually we didn't see any more and I heard that veterinarian got caught for ripping off folks that were paying extra fees for the "proper handling" of their deceased pets. What they were paying extra for and what actually happened were two entirely different things.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't say this was at the height of the mutilations, but around that time there seemed to be more than you hear about now. I don't know the last time I heard about one. I'm not an expert though.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Humpback whales breath when they blow. Get down wind and close to them when they blow for the ultimate bad breath.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Alligator bait (rotting chicken sitting in the sun for a few days.) Next, the blood/grease/etc. under an old commercial pit barbeque set directly on the slaughter block -- we put the new one up a bit on blocks. Last, the deer lease boneyard/graveyard where we dumped guts and skins during the season. (Good bushpig bait. cus hogs will eat anything.)

Last edited by agazain; 03/08/19.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
Got drunk, porked a fat girl once. Woke up, damn her pussy smelled bad. I think the smell was in my mustache too.

We have the winner!!!!!! laugh laugh Peuuuuuuuuh grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

....almost lost my lunch just reading this thread a couple times.

But, once you list spoiling human whatever....i dont think anything else can come close. Unforgettable.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Let's hear it.

Chipmunks got in behind my freezer in the shop, chewed the wires to the compressor. Little bastards.

Didnt open that freezer for a few weeks. I had at least 2 deer and a mix other jeffery dahmer oddities. Had a gray fox road kill in there and about 3 sets of deer tarsals(they were double bagged) but.....

sick eek sick

That’s happened to me as well. A well rotted human body leaves an impression too.

Last edited by Mac84; 03/08/19.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Other than dead humans, the worst smell I've come across is huge abscess in cattle.

Had to lance several that were the size of a soccer ball. When they erupt with chunks of solid gunk, puss and blood, it'll send you running for fresh air PDQ. sick

Calves that have died inside the cow, but have to be removed are no walk in the park either... They usually come out in decomposed pieces.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Other than dead humans, the worst smell I've come across is huge abscess in cattle.

Had to lance several that were the size of a soccer ball. When they erupt with chunks of solid gunk, puss and blood, it'll send you running for fresh air PDQ. sick

Calves that have died inside the cow, but have to be removed are no walk in the park either... They usually come out in decomposed pieces.

I have the record at my vet clinic. About a year ago a client brought in a mature bull with a "swollen shoulder and brisket"

Abscess, right at 11 gallons of cream with a few chunks drained from it. With just a little blood added, It looked like tapioca pudding with a strawberry sauce garnish

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my buddies use to raise mink. I made the mistake of walking into the skinning shed during harvest. It was like being hit in the face. I didn't puke but I did cry.

When I was a kid I worked for an old Quaker who kept dairy calves. Cleaning out the pen, by hand, with a pitchfork released some of the foulest scents imaginable. I did puke with that one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
25+ freshly ventilated skunks in the tractor bucket.

#2 would be the gut truck that rear ended another truck sloshing said contents over the cab of the truck. Thick blood, chicken intestines, lips and beaks. They limed the heck out of the ditches but it stunk for months.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Pulling dead calves rates right up there. So does mink crap. Baby diapers can be pretty bad, probably because you're up close and personal to the source.

We had neighbors that raised mink, their farm was on one hilltop and we were on the next. Hauling hay through the valley between us on warm humid summer evenings as the air settled was enough to rip your eyeballs out. I remember they cleaned the barns once and spread manure on a field just after making second cut alfalfa grass. Damn cows wouldn't eat the 3rd cut hay from that field.

Dale

This space for rent

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Worst smells I can remember.

1. In the Civil Air Patrol, we hunted for a plane crash for about 3 weeks in the Sacramento Mtns.. When we found it, the bodies were more than ripe.
2. A friend of mine in college got a job driving a rendering truck. He asked me to help one weekend. We drove out to a ranch and winched up 3 dead cows to take back to the rendering plant. All three of these cows could have been a stand in for the "touch a dead cow" scene in the movie Summer of 42. If we hadn't been desperate for money, No Way!!
3. I was barreling down a west Texas ranch road and topped a little hill, to find a congress of vultures just on the other side. They lifted off the road, but one lowered it's head and puked right on my windshield and into the fresh air vent. I will take dead bodies and rotted cows everyday before I will willing smell vulture puke again.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Meh, I work around thousands of dead fish all fall every year. I am pretty tolerant to bad smells. About the worst I have ever smelled though is a dead whale, wooo weee.

There was a dead whale (rotten,white goo) and as we circled to get a pic we got downwind and the stench burnt our eyes and nose, bye far worst ever!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Puke gets to me. Poop does too. both just at times.

We've had freezers go out before. Not nice, not so bad. Though the last one we loaded on the tractor and just drove it to the pile. Even with bobcats and such in it, including a 16 inch spike I shot a few years back that I wanted the skull of. Didn't want it that bad though.

The worst by far was one of our frequent flyer EMS calls, had her on Tuesday, trouble breathing. Ok. Got her loaded up, EMS hauled her off. Next Tuesday( summer) we get a phone call, not a page, to come help the funeral home. It was beyond horrible, purple, fluids and blood all over the floor, bloated, popped when we were putting her in the body bag. I had to go out and put paper towels in my nostrils cause chief said we didn't need SCBA.... I'll never again touch one without SCBA on for all the smells and germs etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I came across a dead eel that was in one of the intakes at Indian Point Power plant in N.Y.,that was pretty ripe.worked with a guy,"big ed the boogeyman man",he smelled like a garbage truck in summer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 that were equally bad... A burned body, and a decomposing body that had been laying outside in the sun for 10-12 days, according to the coroner.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't even want to review it. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by northern_dave
A friend of mine live trapped a skunk and he managed to get sprayed in the face trying to carry the cage with the skunk in it. lol, I bet that was terrible.

It wears off after awhile, tho I never got a direct hit. It ended my racoon trapping days. Score was 5 skunks, no coons. I was so looking forward to a Davy Crockett hat. A few years afterward I decided a skunk-skin hat would have been even cooler, had I thought of it.

In the face would be bad. Might even blinding if in the eyes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (257 roberts, 1234, 270wsmnutt, 29aholic, 160user, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,087
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.