Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Well, you know what is said about the word "ASSUME" dont you?
If someone buys a 500 Linebaugh or a 500 S&W or a 475 Limebaugh do we "ASSUME" they are going to hunt large heavy game?
What is said about the word "ASSUME"?
How many times have we "ASSUMED" something only to find out we were wrong? Should we "ASSUME" anything about anything or anyone unless we see overwhelming evidence that we are making the correct "ASSUMPTION". Even then we could be wrong about that "ASSUMPTION".
If I see someone buy an AR15 do I correctly "ASSUME" they are out to do harm to a group of people or maybe an individual?
I have heard several talk about how good they are with their favorite handgun. Am I to "ASSUME" they are or should I invite them to the range and see evidence of their fine ability?
Using the word "ASSUME" must be done carefully.

Originally Posted by Mikewriter
"Grizzly Bear Load" is the title of the thread started by "..doofus" - correct? Would it not be logical to assume a "grizzly bear load" is for shooting --- Grizzly Bears?

Mike Holmes

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

How many people do we really know about? Even people we have known for years? When it comes to people we sometimes "ASSUME" things. How many time have we been wrong about someone that we made an "ASSUMPTION " about. We "ASSUME". He or she is a nice person only to find out different.
"ASSUME", ASSUMED" will ASSUME".
A word we must use with great caution

Originally Posted by kellory
"Grizzly Bear Load" is the title of the thread started by "..doofus" - correct? Would it not be logical to assume a "grizzly bear load" is for shooting --- Grizzly Bears?

Mike Holmes

You never really know with Doofus, he might be trying to arm the bears.....

HE MENTORS ME.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
An example of "ASSUMING". My wife mention cabbage and corned beef for supper/dinner so I "ASSUMED" that was what we were going to have and was looking forward to my "ASSUMPTION" coming true because since she mentioned cabbage and corned i "ASSUMED" she was going to fix it for supper/dinner. I was wromg in my "ASSUMPTION" because I wrongly "ASSUMED" she was going to prepare it just becaused she mentioned it.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 03/11/19.

HE MENTORS ME.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by glockdoofus

If someone buys a 500 Linebaugh or a 500 S&W or a 475 Limebaugh do we "ASSUME" they are going to hunt large heavy game?
How many times have we "ASSUMED" something only to find out we were wrong? Should we "ASSUME" anything about anything or anyone unless we see overwhelming evidence that we are making the correct "ASSUMPTION". Even then we could be wrong about that "ASSUMPTION".
If I see someone buy an AR15 do I correctly "ASSUME" they are out to do harm to a group of people or maybe an individual?
I have heard several talk about how good they are with their favorite handgun. Am I to "ASSUME" they are or should I invite them to the range and see evidence of their fine ability?

Mike Holmes

Not hardly dumbass. Buying a 475 Linebaugh infers nothing. Starting a thread with an association with a grizzly bear load, infers much more. You don't get it and you never will, but I'm sure you got used to that playing with all the stray dogs when you had a pork chop tied around your neck...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Well that is your feeble attempt to cover your assumptions and assumations.
I never said I was going Grizzly hunting or I would have said My Grizzly Bear load for mu up and coming Grizzly hunt.
If you could control your assumptions it would be better so you wont let them make you incorrect.

Originally Posted by shrapnel

Mike Holmes

Not hardly dumbass. Buying a 475 Linebaugh infers nothing. Starting a thread with an association with a grizzly bear load, infers much more. You don't get it and you never will, but I'm sure you got used to that playing with all the stray dogs when you had a pork chop tied around your neck...

HE MENTORS ME.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
So what's the 'grizzly bear load' in reference to?...…..when the bear busts a nut?

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
It is a load that is meant to be a load that is a load for a loaded 45 Auto that is of an autoloading configuration that is meant to be a handgun of the sidearm variety while carried in a holster upon ones person.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
So what's the 'grizzly bear load' in reference to?...…..when the bear busts a nut?

HE MENTORS ME.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Another example I will attempt to use to illustrate to illuminate the ones that are running their flashlight on low beam in a pitch black night is I sometimes use a cast bullet that at one time used to be called the bowling pin bullet because of its configuration.
If I were to say I am going to load a bullet known as a bowling pin bullet would one assume I am going bowling pin hunting or am I loading a bullet that looks like a bowling pin?
Neither one would be correct as I would be using the bullet to shoot paper.
ASSUME, ASSUMING, ASSUMED. I ASSUME, I have ASSUMED I will ASSUME.

ASSUME: to think that something is true or probably true without knowing that it is true.

HE MENTORS ME.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
UPDATE, ATTENTION UPDATE.

Due to me pleading, whining, crying and overt lying to improve myself my wife is fixing cabbage and corned beef for supper/dinner.
She ASSUMED i was sincere in my actions but we know about the word "ASSUME".

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Pics of the cabbage and corned beef please

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
As soon as it gets done I will post it. She got a late start.

Originally Posted by hunter4623
Pics of the cabbage and corned beef please

HE MENTORS ME.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Folks can and will on many occasionally times consider the 22 magnum which can shoot into a bears eyeballs with ease. The easy shootin of the accurate 22 mag makes the other bigger guns which are hard to connect with a needles expanse.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Orville
Folks can and will on many occasionally times consider the 22 magnum which can shoot into a bears eyeballs with ease. The easy shootin of the accurate 22 mag makes the other bigger guns which are hard to connect with a needles expanse.

I heard you can kneecap your bud with a 22 short and walk leisurely away to safety Orville, the bear wont have any trouble locating him ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Cabbage and Corned Beef roast.

[Linked Image]

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doofus could have played this much better by not trying to deny the Grizzly aspect. There is nothing wrong with guys who have never shot a Grizzly bear trying to determine what is best to carry in their sidearms when in Grizzly country. It's disingenuous for anybody to come along and berate somebody for discussing Grizzly loads without having ever shot a Grizzly because so damn few have ever shot one. But some guys have to try to act superior.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I didnt deny anything. Because i never said ANYTHING about going Grizzly hunting. I only explained about the word "ASSUME". I never said I was going Grizzly hunting. When I bought the 4 boxes of the Buffalo Bore 9MM 147 gr HARD CAST Outdoorsman load I made a statement to my buddy making a declaring declaration I was going to buy some of THE Grizzly Bear load for my 9MM.
Never did I declare to him that i was going Grizzly hunting and he never asked how the Grizzly hunt went.
I guess he is smarter than I think he is. But sometimes I wonder.
I dont even live in a state where Grizzlies roam unless one escapes from a zoo.
If I had shown a photo of some shot loads for my 44 Mag would everyone"ASSUME" I were going snake hunting, rabbit hunting, bird hunting, ect?

Originally Posted by moosemike
Doofus could have played this much better by not trying to deny the Grizzly aspect. There is nothing wrong with guys who have never shot a Grizzly bear trying to determine what is best to carry in their sidearms when in Grizzly country. It's disingenuous for anybody to come along and berate somebody for discussing Grizzly loads without having ever shot a Grizzly because so damn few have ever shot one. But some guys have to try to act superior.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 03/12/19.

HE MENTORS ME.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I didnt deny anything. Because i never said ANYTHING about going Grizzly hunting. I only explained about the word "ASSUME". I never said I was going Grizzly hunting. When I bought the 4 boxes of the Buffalo Bore 9MM 147 gr HARD CAST Outdoorsman load I made a statement to my buddy making a declaring declaration I was going to buy some of THE Grizzly Bear load for my 9MM.
Never did I declare to him that i was going Grizzly hunting and he never asked how the Grizzly hunt went.
If I had shown a photo of some shot loads for my 44 Mag would everyone"ASSUME" I were going snake hunting, rabbit hunting, bird hunting, ect?

On could assume that just breathing is an accomplishment for Gdoofas. WOW.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fredIII

Unassisted and without instruction.....just a breath-taking accomplishment.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
No breathing comes naturally.. That is the way the human body was designed. You are "ASSUMING" that i have to think to breath making it a difficulty for someone as challeged as I. If I had to think to breath I would be deceased as would most on here would be evidentally since thinking seems so difficult for many.
ASSUME, ASSUMED ASSUMING, Words that need to be used cautiously.

Originally Posted by fredIII

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Retired Marine takes up comedy ?

If you were as good of a Marine as you are a comic, then they lost a good one !

When the bear busts a nut ? LMFAO

Grizzly bear load ? WTF could that possibly have to do with shooting grizzlies ? Sigh, you can’t make this chit up

I thank you for this mornings chuckle.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.