Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
OH, bye the way you should type better as I can't read a single thing that makes sense.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!!!

Yes, a retired baggage handler challenging a doctor on issues relating to literacy and education. That is going to end well.

Jesus Christ, let it go already.

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Tradmark
A 5.5” 500 jrh with 400 grain pills going 1500 fps with a weight more than a pound and a half lighter with no brake. That’ll do it. Also, who said it doesnt recoil. It just doesnt recoil that much. Another option is mac prasacs 500 alaskan bfr. Or my 4” fa83 475 linebaugh that is loaded to 400gr at 1400 fps. See i have all the above except the alaska. Bet you dont so your comparisons are invalid. Or my 4 3/4” fa83 454 with 325 aframes running over 1600fps. All recoil harder by simple virtue of a lack of weight and/or muzzle brake.

The only revolver I would not shoot since it had a Bisley shiny grip. He split his head open with it. He is so tough he kept shooting it with blood pouring. The Alaskan needs a cannon carriage for sure.
You are correct about gun weight but then things need 50# more.
You know we never had any arguments in all these years since you tell it right. so why have you bashed me? I feel bad with you calling me names when I would never do that to you. This site is good and I want to stay and I would never go to get you tossed but you are a mean person. Just tone it down. If I was a mod you would be gone but not if you apologized.
The amount of internet gurus That call me a lair is astounding because they think 7 yards is what has to be shot. You can shoot a .44 to 1000 yards. See the video where a balloon was broke at 1000 yards with a nine mm revolver. Jerry Mikulik.

Well, lets see. You have been banned on every forum but this one. You have started threads elsewhere to bash whitworth and when i wouldnt deal with it you called names. Im not mean, but you cant lie and not get called out.

We had problems of course and when push came to shove I was correct. It all started when I told him the loads for the .44 had CCI mag primers and we fought about it so I called Double Tap and was told YES, CCI mag primers.
Then powder burn where I said no powder is consumed in 1" so I called powder companies and was told not even the fastest powders were consumed in long barrels so they had to sweep tunnels to prevent a flash. I was told the ideal was to have all powder gone within 3" of the muzzle but how do you do that with a 2" barrel? I have never been proven wrong after 68 years of loading but I am great at telling facts that nobody agrees with.
Yes if you bring loads here I will tell you what primer you used. I can tell the powder also. I made enemies by telling the truth.
I apologized and a real man would accept it. I do not know why I made efforts since I was correct. I still am and will never back away from truth.
If you think you can slip loads in the .44 with 4227 or a mag primer past me, you will fail.
OH, bye the way you should type better as I can't read a single thing that makes sense. You would fail first grade. Do you REALLY load ammo?

Im sorry my punctuation isnt up to your levels, im rushing between patients and dont have time for such trivial issues. Jim, you are a legend in your own mind. Why dont you tell everyone about the fa83 357 mag you tried some of your backwoods gunsmithing techniques on, screwed it up and blamed freedom arms and have trashed them ever since. Truly only you know these things. The primer issue has been a joke as well. Only you can hit a rockchuck running at 500 yards, and still not be able to get accuracy out of a fa83 454 because of the primers. Who knew you knew more than dick casull. A true legend!

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dick casull was a genius but Baker was interested in money alone. If Dick would have gone to Ruger things would have been better.
It is true the SR primers are bad in the .454 when a LP mag with .460 brass cut down is better. Dick stuck Bullseye at the primer before slow powder. He did stuff we would never try and in some cases he was wrong.
But I bow down to you since you never shot starting loads of H110 or 296 in the .454 with the stupid primer and stuck a bullet.Do you need my brass rod to punch out a bullet or are you so smart it will not happen.
My dear Lord are you taking care of people that are sick?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Evidently you should bow down since you cant make the simplest of 454’s work. Evidently its above your paygrade. None of us habe your problems. You dont know what you are talking about and never have. A legend in your own mind. Go back to the hills.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dipshit Miner, Mark has taken more game with an FA .454 than you ever dreamed of. It's a funny thing that you're the only person I've ever heard of speak of FA the way you do. I've been called a Ruger fanboi countless times but it's absurd to think that any Ruger is a better platform for the .454 than the FA83. Get a life.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Craig, i have patients on hospice in a nursing home that, just yesterday, took as much game as miner ever has with an fa83 454 casull.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Never shot any animal with a Freedom POS. I use Ruger's and BFR's. S&W would be next but to waste money on a Freedom is not ever to be. NO Marko had the .454 with bullets that stuck in the bore so they had the brass rod to remove them. Where in the hell did you think I found out? Freedom is the biggest POS ever made but this site does not allow pictures over a few bites. I can show destruction of a Freedom with factory loads. Throats worn oblong and the cone worn into the rifling. Push the hammer and see the pin come out with both the hammer block and the transfer bar. They went bankrupt from lawsuits.
My old Ruger has more then 97,000 rounds with out a failure and shows no wear. 300 rounds with a Freedom and it is junk. Max might push them but he is a writer that gets free or at cost. He had the .500 S&W here that doubled in the NRA range to take out the lights. I told him I could fix but he sent it back. S&W said it was shooter error but I was correct with the cylinder stop spring.. Now S&W gives better springs. Dam, I am a genius.
Craig, you are a work of art and so is Tradmark. Mods should remove both of you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congratulations, you're one of few people I know of who can write a long post that is comprised of 100% bullshit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
300 rounds with a Freedom and it is junk. Max might push them but he is a writer that gets free or at cost. He had the .500 S&W here that doubled in the NRA range to take out the lights. I told him I could fix but he sent it back. S&W said it was shooter error but I was correct with the cylinder stop spring.. Now S&W gives better springs. Dam, I am a genius.
Craig, you are a work of art and so is Tradmark. Mods should remove both of you.

For the record, I have never written a review of a Freedom Arms revolver. Also, I don’t get guns for free.

Now leave me out of your rants. This is a pattern that crops up every few months and it’s tedious and outright boring.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Never shot any animal with a Freedom POS. I use Ruger's and BFR's. S&W would be next but to waste money on a Freedom is not ever to be. NO Marko had the .454 with bullets that stuck in the bore so they had the brass rod to remove them. Where in the hell did you think I found out? Freedom is the biggest POS ever made but this site does not allow pictures over a few bites. I can show destruction of a Freedom with factory loads. Throats worn oblong and the cone worn into the rifling. Push the hammer and see the pin come out with both the hammer block and the transfer bar. They went bankrupt from lawsuits.
My old Ruger has more then 97,000 rounds with out a failure and shows no wear. 300 rounds with a Freedom and it is junk. Max might push them but he is a writer that gets free or at cost. He had the .500 S&W here that doubled in the NRA range to take out the lights. I told him I could fix but he sent it back. S&W said it was shooter error but I was correct with the cylinder stop spring.. Now S&W gives better springs. Dam, I am a genius.

Wow, more proof you are FOS. I have a 10” gun i bought over 20 years ago. Well over 20k rounds full power thru it. As good as the day i bought it as are all my others. You sir are a basketcase.

IC B3

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O

you done got into that bottle of Jack more than half way's again, best be careful you is going to kill your 1 remainin brain cell. .

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
300 rounds with a Freedom and it is junk. Max might push them but he is a writer that gets free or at cost. He had the .500 S&W here that doubled in the NRA range to take out the lights. I told him I could fix but he sent it back. S&W said it was shooter error but I was correct with the cylinder stop spring.. Now S&W gives better springs. Dam, I am a genius.

For the record, I have never written a review of a Freedom Arms revolver. Also, I don’t get guns for free.

Now leave me out of your rants. This is a pattern that crops up every few months and it’s tedious and outright boring.

You get at cost and how many thousands of free rounds and bullets did you bring here. Read an article and the next page is a full page add. I learned a hell of a lot from you and how writers can hunt free. How do you go to Africa on your pay? I bore you all so maybe the truth should come out. You hunt the world and it is not on your dime. With what you make you could not buy a state license let alone go to Alaska. Air fare is 3 times your pay is in a year. Tell everyone how you travel the world and have so many guns. You do not make a few mill a year and maybe as not as much as I made out of school. Keep blowing smoke up butts. You are supported by companies with adds. You hunt free to promote outfitters. Mighty Max was here so bring your $20,000 dollars for a pig.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Jealous much. Man has a good job that has nothing to do with writing. Take your bitterness and crawl in your bottle and go away you bitter old f&ck

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Oh, and btw, you do realize a college educated man with his history is gonna make some money. Do you really think you know what the man makes. If you think he couldnt spring any if this by himself then you really didnt know him well and evidently you are too retarded to figure out how all of this goes so let me help you. A writer that is well known gets contacted for articles or has contacts to get gear for articles. So, lets say a gun company wants some exposure for a gun. Rather than pay thousands upon thousands for an ad, they may commission a good well known writer to test that product and perhaps even pay for a trip. So count yourself out jim, you are illiterate, cant write and dont hunt a damn thing worth talking about so heres where you have been eliminated, but i digress. An ammo company will want to be featured so they will send ammo. Why do this? well, they get more exposure than just an ad so it makes sense and if products werent supplied, the article and thus the exposure wouldnt happen. Especially since writing for magazines doesnt pay really well and the tests and hunts would never happen. So, either you do it because you are rich and can self fund or because youre gifted at writing. Either way its a labor of love. Some writers like max prasac, have tons of integrity and only review things they have used and believe in. This promotes the sport and gives us all valuable information as to what works and what doesnt since max, the man you bash, has integrity. Lots of it. You are nothing but a bitter bitter jealous old fool. Have some more alcohol and pass out. You arent a has been but really a “never was”!

In an earlier post you said we were both sad sacks because we dont get free stuff. Im nothing like you. I have a large family of successful kiddos, a great great paying job and self fund myself. I am
Not jealous of anyone! The max prasacs, mark hamptons, elmer keiths of the world dont deserve your jealous bitterness. They deserve your respect. Max p has done more with a revolver in the hunting fields than you ever have or ever will!!! Drop your bashing of him, have another drink and keep bloviating about your unparalleled talents. 🙄. Better yet, go away. I dont expect you will since you really dont have any friends. There are good reasons for this. However, you will never learn and will keep alienating everyone and proving to all your words are worthless and meaningless.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He is jealous because he desperately wants to be relevant.

It's his job, idiot. Do you think gunwriters would be able to pay for a $10-$20,000 hunt for an article that pays $500??? You are really too dumb to even argue with.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Jealousy is ugly, like being a drunk but all encompassing and something you dont sober up from. I think c.s. Lewis or winston churchill said something like that. For bfrshooter, those are important guys that wrote stuff and one was prime minister of england. Does that make you jealous?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
BFR dude, not knowing either of you personally, I would like to render my impressions. Max a stand up dude, who knows his stuff, shares knowledge to help people, can argue using logic instead of emotion, has been there, done that, got the pictures. He looks to be the type of person you could trust on a handshake.

OTOH you present yourself as a Jack McCall type. Ponder that this morning when you wake up....

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Im sure he hits the bottle early and will be back in full form shortly.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Wow, more proof you are FOS. I have a 10” gun i bought over 20 years ago. Well over 20k rounds full power thru it. As good as the day i bought it as are all my others. You sir are a basketcase.

Ignore can be your friend.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,530
Posts18,509,800
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.