-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The motorcycle club sounds like a bunch of Marines and retired Marines...Jarhead Motorcycle Club...

Tragic. frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I like motorcycles and have ridden many thousands of miles, took a tour from Georgia out to Colorado and Utah on the BMW one time.
But, I must say, one sunny Sunday I was driving in central Georgia in my car, speed limit 55. Down there the cops give you up to 68 mph.
Everybody on this road goes 65, or so, the slow pokes do 60.

So I got behind a motorcycle group, there were about 17 bikes and they were doing 52 mph. Look I don't care what speed you drive.
But these guys were running two abreast, then a 25 foot space, then one more, then another 30 foot space. They were taking up about 1/4 mile of the road and it was 30 miles to the next intersection.

I waited until I got my chance, there was a spot with an 80 foot gap between the bikes, I passed half of the bikes and cut in to the middle of the pack. It looked like I had kicked over an ant hill they all started waving their arms at me. I had visions of getting into a fight with a motorcycle gang.
In a minute I got my chance and I passed all the bikes.

I must say, these motorcycle guys acted like complete a**holes.

“Right Turn Clyde”.
Reminds me of the scene in the Eastwood movie “Every Which Way But Loose” 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The motorcycle club sounds like a bunch of Marines and retired Marines...Jarhead Motorcycle Club...

Tragic. frown

Dang. Sure hate to hear that.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I must say, these motorcycle guys acted like complete a**holes.

They always do.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pete53
.....when i seen this picture......

When you saw. Not, "when you seen."

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thirty years ago the Texas Hill Country north and west of San Antonio was a great place to ride a motorcycle on a weekend. I have ridden all those roads at speed so many times I do believe I could STILL ride 'em blindfolded.

First thing that happened was, as the number of high speed motorcyclists increased, the local EMS got really tired of hauling injured guys from off the outside edges of the hairpins on Vanderpool Mountain.

Second thing, prob'ly related to the first, was that the DPS showed up and started writing tickets and impounding the bikes of the worst offenders (I just got lucky whistle).

The third thing and kiss of death was when the long trains of Harleys showed up, whole packs of two-wheeled barcaloungers rolling along with their mostly hefty cargoes, driven at moderate speeds and with stern expressions.

But now, for better or worse, that particular Harley demographic seems to be rolling off into the sunset, numbers in steep decline, so I suppose the roads up there are free again.

Only problem is I'm headed in the sunset direction myself smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
But how do you not miss TEN motorcycles?

like a strike at the bowling alley...hit the correct ones and they take out the rest.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
told my kids early on not to ride motorcycles.

nothing wrong with them at all.

but there's two wheels only.

maybe three sometimes.

and nothing else at all.

don't take your guns to town.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could never, ever understand the pack mentality. Side by side? Are you KIDDING me. Even on the Marin Sunday Ride (which is not your "normal" ride, at all) when we were going through towns or speed-limited sections, we would stagger and space, at least 40 feet. But to deliberately ride in a vulnerable pack, ten thousand times he// no.
And this is the reason why he// no.

As far as the Hog trains go, I have to admit that just once, there was this bunch of bikers on the Evans Peak highway, just a rolling effing roadblock. So I jumped into their fleet and started hopscotching up to the front, and then gone, to a nice sweeper horseshoe, where I parked and climbed the embankment, just to listen to the rumble. Silence, rumble, ROAR, rumble, silence. But you couldn't pay me to ride like that, ever.

Such a shame. But honestly, inevitable. If the guy was drunk, he'll pay. Oh, will he pay.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I used to love to ride and my boys do still. They try for at least one long range ride every year, just the two of them. One thing that never interested me was cruising down the road in a pack. The few guys I used to ride with rode hard and fast, never more than 2 or 3 together. I could never see the attraction in riding in a big slow pack of bikes, blocking the road and sucking the exhaust from all those bikes. I guess some are herd creatures and some aren’t.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
.. If the guy was drunk, he'll pay. Oh, will he pay.

and if the bikers were drunk they owe him a new truck, well at least their estates will.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody had to be drunk for that to happen, just a moment's inattention from one or both parties would suffice.

Heck, nowadays ya gotta ask if anyone was on their smart phones.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It could have been just a good old fashion falling asleep from fatigue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless the group was passing a slow car, hard to believe that ALL the m/c victims were on the wrong side of the road.

I have yet to hear if the pickup driver was killed or injured; the front of the Ram was pretty banged up.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Every time I encounter a pack of motorcyclists I'm amazed that they're not all dead.

and thats the exact reason i never ride with anyone. get 3 or 4 bikes together and everybody is steve fuggen mcqueen. i know, i've been in those packs myself. never again. like lemings off a fuggen cliff some of these guys.

that said, i have no idea what happened in this case and won't open the link. god help them and their families.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...ya gotta ask if anyone was on their smart phones.

Now we're getting somewhere.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It could be the truck driver didn't like bikers.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Unless the group was passing a slow car, hard to believe that ALL the m/c victims were on the wrong side of the road.

I have yet to hear if the pickup driver was killed or injured; the front of the Ram was pretty banged up.

I can’t speak to injury, but he’s alive and talking to the press (limited).

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thirty years ago the Texas Hill Country north and west of San Antonio was a great place to ride a motorcycle on a weekend. I have ridden all those roads at speed so many times I do believe I could STILL ride 'em blindfolded.

First thing that happened was, as the number of high speed motorcyclists increased, the local EMS got really tired of hauling injured guys from off the outside edges of the hairpins on Vanderpool Mountain.

Second thing, prob'ly related to the first, was that the DPS showed up and started writing tickets and impounding the bikes of the worst offenders (I just got lucky whistle).

The third thing and kiss of death was when the long trains of Harleys showed up, whole packs of two-wheeled barcaloungers rolling along with their mostly hefty cargoes, driven at moderate speeds and with stern expressions.

But now, for better or worse, that particular Harley demographic seems to be rolling off into the sunset, numbers in steep decline, so I suppose the roads up there are free again.

Only problem is I'm headed in the sunset direction myself smile

Yep, only to be taken over by even slower corksucking lieberal bicyclists trains. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/22/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nobody had to be drunk for that to happen, just a moment's inattention from one or both parties would suffice.

Heck, nowadays ya gotta ask if anyone was on their smart phones.

Two way traffic on a bike, you're never more than a blink away from dead. Looks to be a little rise the truck was coming up into maybe a slow left bend. Couple of bikes cross the yellow at just the right time, driver pops the brake pedal with maybe a reactionary zig of the wheel, and the quick jackknife does the rest. Wouldn't take much linear movement in any direction to have a quarter second disaster. Anybody that's ridden long enough to decide to quit has come close. And most of those close calls you never knew about. In the end they died exercising the freedom many other Marines died to guarantee. God bless the families with whatever comfort is possible.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.