Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
who TF is more accurate...

I figure Rick'll know PDQ... as will we...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
laugh

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The real question is whether ol' Binky here can savvy the relative qualities of a .223AI vs. a .260AI when chucking A-Max's to 1K outta 3-grooved Pac-Nors, Mickey-tuned Sucks, and via MPAJ.

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BC, I'm in total agreement. Maser posted his idiotic ramblings and the "adult members" seemed to be drawn to respond. I never understood why anyone would want to engage in the bantering. tired

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Every time we loose a member, we are diminished - whether you liked them or not.

Perhaps, but every non-registered browser (who far outnumber us registered) that decides not to join and post their experience because they see immature and inane posts and wonder "why do I want to be part of that?" are a loss as well. While we know what we've lost in Maser (damn little) what are we losing when potential members do not post because of his posts and, as you wisely point out, the equally divisive replies?

Allen

That is a good point, Allen, and one I had not considered.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bink
Can't ban a dynamic IP# you know. laugh

Sure can. Just gotta range ban the IP.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't believe so much has been said about me in a single day. Obviously I'm loved at this site or else this thread wouldn't of been created in the first place. laugh

1.) I'm American

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
There's no challenge to tolerance where everything that's hard to tolerate and everyone who's intolerable has been eliminated. Tolerance, in fact, gets no opportunity to operate there. So it's more likely to atrophy than it is to develop. I wonder when my time on the outside, forbidden to look in, is going to begin.

Once upon a time I worked with a guy named Tilman Ellis. He ran a roofing crew in Detroit during the riots. The roofers were day laborers and were a pretty rough lot. One of the first things he learned was to take 12 guys up the ladder when he only needed 10. It was guarenteed that a couple of guys would start playing grab-ask within the first few minutes. He would send the first two down the ladder. The rest would settle down and work.

Work was offered first thing in the morning. Thirty minutes after picking the crew, all the other work crews within walking distance were already filled. The guys who were sent down the ladder gave away 30 minutes of work for free and there was no more work for them that day. It was a massive bummer to be sent down the ladder.

The key, according to Tilman, was to be decisive and use any excuse to send the first two down the ladder; the sooner the better.

Tilman's roof. Rick's forums.
All that being written, I look at history and see that new communication technologies spawned huge opportunities for those who played with them and learned the new rules.

Movable type (and Bible) jump-started the Protestant Reformation as more people had access to the Bible.

More recently, Hitler exploited electronically amplified speach and, along with FDR, radio transmissions. JFK took to TV like a duck to water and creamed Nixon. Reagan and Clinton were also very charismatic on TV.

So who will be able to project via the Internet? It is likely to be somebody like MASER who dinks around on a bunch of "throw-away" forums like 24hourcampfire. He came. He made mistakes. Likely he learned from those mistakes, and is off to the next site, a little smoother, a little more sophisticated, a little more SALABLE.

Pray that MASER learns Values more quickly than he (and his ilk) learn the mechanics of manipulating reactions via the Internet.

We gave him some fine lessons.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bink
laugh

IP address check on Isle four.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is playing with microwaves while young similar to growing up under power lines?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope.

1.) I'm American

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The screen name says it all, what more proof than self admittance of being an idiot.

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 05/07/07.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Village_Idiot
Yo tengo huevos de hormiguita. shocked

From elephant to little ant... what's the deal with always wanting your sig line to have something to do with your balls?????

Penny

Last edited by Barak's Womn; 05/07/07. Reason: Oops! Got the wrong thing in the quote! :o

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Originally Posted by Village_Idiot
Nope.

From elephant to little ant... what's the deal with always wanting your sig line to have something to do with your balls?????

Penny

Prolly a lack there of....

I feel sorry for the little guy.

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least the poor little guy posts his sig line in Spanish, which I find vastly preferable to so many posts of an older regular here who's obviously so obsessed with his that he has to allude (in English!) to his hunger and prowess at every opportunity. I've alluded to this penchant elsewhere as the fallacy of mistaking the imagined flow of testosterone for neural synapses. I'm equally appalled and disgusted by the penchant of some Campfire women to respect and encourage this older scrotum-brain. The younger offender at least has the excuse of callowness.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
............ I've alluded to this penchant elsewhere as the fallacy of mistaking the imagined flow of testosterone for neural synapses. I'm equally appalled and disgusted by the penchant of some Campfire women to respect and encourage this older scrotum-brain...........

Ken,

LOL!!!!!

In all sincerity, you are a master and blending words to clearly and colorfully express the most subtle nuances of thought. I wonder if the aforementioned "scrotum-brain" has any clue that you have "ripped" him as well as can be done. grin

Last edited by Blaine; 05/07/07.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol

I don't really see why he got banned either. Tend to agree with Issac. Thought his post about Bart was in bad taste but that Bart dealt with it just as he should have-like an adult dealing with an errant youngster. Huge difference between the kid and Stick and the way Stick just pushed until he was banned. Looks like the kid is going to continue pushing even after having the hammer dropped on him though-unlike Stick. In the end, one has to respect that this is Rick's site and that free speech here is by his leave and not our own.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blaine, your flattery reminds me of the ultimate compliment to sharp repartee � from one of my black buddies � "if you think yo' th'oat ain't been cut, jes' try shakin' yo' head!"

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steelhead, did you just get called scrotum-brain????
lol

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
repartee:

My favorite definition: what you think of saying after you're the departee.

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,417
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.