Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 43 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 42 43
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by JGray
Did you ever consider that those cyclists you claim don't pay fuel taxes more than likely also own and drive motor vehicles?

Yes, I have.

But when they are riding on their bike, on that shoulder, or that trail through the woods or along that river, that bike didn't pay for any of what they are riding on.

Have you ever done any research into how roads are funded?

Here's one article.

https://momentummag.com/free-rider-myth/

Along with many more.

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+...404j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

He is presently regretting his tempestuousness from jail. It would have been no issue for that driver to have finished a safe pass.

He is the typical rager. Most ragers check multiple boxes in the following demographics.

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

What's really interesting is that blacks rarely ever get bent out of shape.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where I biked on 25 mph county roads, most of the money for roads comes from property taxes, not gas taxes.
The average motorist pays $5/day in gas taxes.
I pay about $50/day in property tax on my home.

Don't tell me I don't have a right to bike on county roads.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you ever consider that those cyclists you claim don't pay fuel taxes more than likely also own and drive motor vehicles?

big deal. I own several vehicles, pay taxes on them all. I have been working for years to get bikes made to pay taxes for their road use.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a number of passtimes and hobbies and engage in social media for all of them.

Kayaking
Boating
Fishing
Hunting
Shooting
Bicycling
Motorcycling

Without question cyclists are the nerdiest/quirkiest of all those groups. Today my wife and I did a 15 mile road. The route was mixed between subdivisions, bicycle lanes and dedicated bike trails. The dedicated trail is wide enough to go 3 riders wide, but it's tight. When I ride with my wife I ride beside her. I pull ahead of her or drop behind her when a rider comes from ahead or behind. I keep my head on a swivel and go single file well ahead of the arrival of another rider.

Today I looked behind me and saw another rider coming. When he was several hundred yards back, I pulled in ahead of my wife. He passed about a minute after I did and said "ride single file." Not sure I heard him right I asked "what did you say?" He said "ride single file." I laid into him. "I was single file you dumb mother ffuukker." He snarked back "you weren't" I said "I singled up well before you got here you goddam dumb mother ffuukker."

Meh, it wasn't any skin off my back telling him what I thought. I asked my wife if that embarrassed her when I said stuff like that. She said not when you say it to an idiot mother ffuukker.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

big deal. I own several vehicles, pay taxes on them all. I have been working for years to get bikes made to pay taxes for their road use.

We do pay. Read the above links, lest you continue to put your ignorance on parade.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paul Barnard
He is presently regretting his tempestuousness from jail. It would have been no issue for that driver to have finished a safe pass.

He is the typical rager. Most ragers check multiple boxes in the following demographics.

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

what a pile of horse chit. laughing. You ask the question in the first place, and then show just how agenda driven you really are. Folks know all about their rights, but seem to care little about their responsibilities. Your black folks must be different than the black folks here. Just saying...........

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the chewbacca defense.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

It that case, that dickhead on the bike should have been to the extreme right and he's damned lucky to have survived the day. Too many experiences with dickheads on bikes to give a damn. LOL Type all you want, I think the majority of bike folks are ku nts.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ride on the extreme right. You get as much clearance as a parked car, no more, no less.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul Barnard

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

what a pile of horse chit. laughing. You ask the question in the first place, and then show just how agenda driven you really are. Folks know all about their rights, but seem to care little about their responsibilities. Your black folks must be different than the black folks here. Just saying...........

I have made it clear from the onset that my agenda was to provide facts in hopes of educating. What particular part of reality are you struggling with?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

It that case, that dickhead on the bike should have been to the extreme right

It would have made NO difference if the cyclist was to the far right. The motorist had more than enough real estate to pass. Much ado about NOTHING. The motorists feelings were hurt because he wasn't feeling respected.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

It would have made NO difference if the cyclist was to the far right. The motorist had more than enough real estate to pass. Much ado about NOTHING. The motorists feelings were hurt because he wasn't feeling respected.

Facts eh?

Hehehehe!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

Or maybe he just wasn’t paying attention, or just underestimated the speed of the bicycle.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

Or maybe he just wasn’t paying attention, or just underestimated the speed of the bicycle.

And didn't notice the sound of the collision and kept driving. Yeah, that's likely. Too bad he couldn't persuade the justice system he didn't do it out of malice.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

They pay fuel taxes when they drive a gas or diesel powered vehicle. But when they are riding on their bike, on that shoulder, or that trail through the woods or along that river, that bike didn't pay for any of what they are riding on. Something else did.

So with that logic, pedestrians have no right to walk down that shoulder or trail because they aren't burning gas or deisel. Got it - makes perfect sense...

Wish I would have known that when I was a kid delivering newspapers on my bike riding on public roads, or when I had to take my vehicle in for repairs so rode my bike to work as I had no other transportation, or had to walk a couple miles down the shoulder of the road when my vehicle broke down. I sure feel enlightened now...

Don't get me wrong - I've seen cyclists I felt deserved to get their asses run over. I do ride a bike on roads and trails and am very considerate of motorists - fortunately where I live and ride, motorists treat me the same way and I've never experienced the hostility towards cyclists that's expressed here. Carry on - don't give a chit one way or the other...

Last edited by JGray; 10/20/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Bicyclists have never bothered me any but we don't have many around here. Those Amish with their damn buggies going 10 mph on a winding road are a huge PITA though. Cheap fuggers aughtta get with the program and buy a car.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Bicyclists have never bothered me any but we don't have many around here. Those Amish with their damn buggies going 10 mph on a winding road are a huge PITA though. Cheap fuggers aughtta get with the program and buy a car.

LOL, good point - if those buggies aren't burning gas or deisel, they best get off the fuggin road 'cause they aren't paying their fair share grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

They pay fuel taxes when they drive a gas or diesel powered vehicle. But when they are riding on their bike, on that shoulder, or that trail through the woods or along that river, that bike didn't pay for any of what they are riding on. Something else did.

So with that logic, pedestrians have no right to walk down that shoulder or trail because they aren't burning gas or deisel. Got it - makes perfect sense...

Wish I would have known that when I was a kid delivering newspapers on my bike riding on public roads, or when I had to take my vehicle in for repairs so rode my bike to work as I had no other transportation, or had to walk a couple miles down the shoulder of the road when my vehicle broke down. I sure feel enlightened now...

Don't get me wrong - I've seen cyclists I felt deserved to get their asses run over. I do ride a bike on roads and trails and am very considerate of motorists - fortunately where I live and ride, motorists treat me the same way and I've never experienced the hostility towards cyclists that's expressed here. Carry on - don't give a chit one way or the other...

We need to strap a license plate to those pedestrian's asses too.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Middle age
White
Male
Out of shape
Lower intellect

And didn't notice the sound of the collision and kept driving. Yeah, that's likely. Too bad he couldn't persuade the justice system he didn't do it out of malice.

What? That dickhead on the bike riding two wide was the cause of the whole deal. Ride like that you gonna die die die mofos. LOL! Phucqk'em.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 26 of 43 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.