Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What is happening with the Campfire? Frequently now the site locks up and starts telling me to "refresh the page". Last night I was trying to send a PM to another member and was unable to enter a message. It got to the point where I finally gave up and shut my computer down. This has happened several times recently.

It seems since the recent changes were made that nothing works as well as it did previously. I hope someone can make some improvements since most days the site is becoming almost unusable.

Jim

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I haven't had any problem with it locking up, but I've noticed that if I used Microsoft Edge, I cannot respond to any forum messages, the cursor will NOT show up in the reply box. However, if I "quote" the post, the quote AND the cursor show up in the reply box and then I can actually reply. I don't have this problem if I use Firefox, so that's what I'm using.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here. It's getting real old.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's all the rain threads, stack overload.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Works fine for me.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Working well here

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No problems.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is it when people have problems they automatically assume it's because the site has issues?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Why is it when people have problems they automatically assume it's because the site has issues?

Because the site sucks. I love the information and people but the site itself is one of the worst forums on the web.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Probably because they aren't having them with all the other sites they are on. Simple logic kind of thing. I was having all kinds of issues on this site. Everyone said install ad blocker. So I did install it and my issues disappeared. But I installed it only because of the Fire. I am on many forums and never had any issues on any. The entertainment here is just too good to miss.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
No issues here but haven't been on much the last few days

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Because the site sucks. I love the information and people but the site itself is one of the worst forums on the web.

Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Probably because they aren't having them with all the other sites they are on. Simple logic kind of thing. I was having all kinds of issues on this site. Everyone said install ad blocker. So I did install it and my issues disappeared. But I installed it only because of the Fire. I am on many forums and never had any issues on any. The entertainment here is just too good to miss.

Amazing that others and I don't have problems with this site, isn't it? Guess we're the lucky ones.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Have you tried to configure a browser lately? Not to mention other defenses like anti-virus?.Easy for a non-techie to mess up. A good option is to revert to default settings which takes 2 or 3 clicks. Ask Google how. And there's always Malwarebytes (free edition) to clean up a system.

And then there are (not so) smart phones...

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mine works fine During the day and the evening.

But...
... Late at night 1-3AM, On occasion, it will take forever to load or it will time out completely. Other sites and searches work fine during this time.

I doubt it is server overload at this time, so I'm guessing it is due to server maintenance.

Last edited by steve4102; 10/24/19.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The more I'm exposed to Microsoft Edge, the less I like it. There are so many conflicts, with more coming each day as Microsoft tries to "upgrade" it, presumably in an attempt to fix it.

It reminds me of the problems with Microsoft "Vista", aka "Montana" that was such a disaster.

The IT department for the outfit I work for has instructed everyone to switch back to Explorer due to so many problems. So, for work, I use Explorer, for this computer, I use Firefox. That and AdBlock Ultimate seems to have prevented a lot of the issues others are having.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The 'Fire was acting up, then it wasn't, now it is. Other forums are fine.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Amazing that others and I don't have problems with this site, isn't it? Guess we're the lucky ones.

Works fine for me, and I'm DUMBER THAN A BAG'O ROCKS.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just cleaned out my "cookies" again. Seems to be o.k. now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Mine works fine During the day and the evening.

But...
... Late at night 1-3AM, On occasion, it will take forever to load or it will time out completely.

Happens from time to time, seems to be a server issue. I can ping the server but get a html not responding message pointing the finger at 24hourcampfire.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some issues with it locking up, so far just a minor problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,230
Posts18,504,336
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.