Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Cast these awhile ago. So sorry they aren't 9MM. I am ashamed beyond descriptional description. I am sorry I truly am. Please forgive me. These are lowly 44 caliber 270 grain bullets. Again so sorry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by glockdoofus; 11/07/19.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You just cannot be forgiven for this...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So they're basically a BIG 9MM?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I saw 270 in there somewhere...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And here I thought you were having a bonafide moment of contrition.

I did have to smile at that one.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Cast these awhile ago. So sorry they aren't 9MM. I am ashamed beyond descriptional description. I am sorry I truly am. Please forgive me. These are lowly 44 caliber 270 grain bullets. Again so sorry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nothing to be sorry about . They look just like mine that I cast.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes, you are a sorry individual.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know you're not supposed to eat those....right?
Supposedly they can make you dumb, not that that would apply to you.
I doubt you could be made any dumber.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Get the lead out , , ,

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wheres the salsa?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have been thinking about casting bullets myself, trying to decide if its worth the investment to buy the equipment.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Man, I wish I had gone to your house for Halloween....
My S&W 624 would eat those up!

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey, 270 for a .44? Wimp for a S&W. Then a Keith SW that needs 30 BHN to shoot without a shoulder wipe.
I am losing faith in you. You need a bullet. How about my 330 gr at 200 yards.

Attached Images
My 330 gr .44 at 200. .jpg (12.42 KB, 365 downloads)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Did you cast those, just to regain some semblance of relevance? Or, perhaps....”seen the light”! In any case.....welcome to the “real world”! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by memtb

Did you cast those, just to regain some semblance of relevance? Or, perhaps....”seen the light”! In any case.....welcome to the “real world”! grin memtb

Yes and even designed the bullet and made the mold. I cut the SBH forcing cone to 11 degrees and made the bullet ogive as close to 11 degrees I could. Came out a little heavy from projected weight of 320 gr. Cutting a cherry on the lathe is hit and miss for weight. A miss of 10 gr is nothing. I do not make molds to sell but will send a few bullets to have a mold made. if any change is made to my designs they will not work.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

Yes and even designed the bullet and made the mold. I cut the SBH forcing cone to 11 degrees and made the bullet ogive as close to 11 degrees I could. Came out a little heavy from projected weight of 320 gr. Cutting a cherry on the lathe is hit and miss for weight. A miss of 10 gr is nothing. I do not make molds to sell but will send a few bullets to have a mold made. if any change is made to my designs they will not work.

My “little dig” was meant for “glockdoofus”! I vet posted immediately after you!

Though, I’m somewhat.....OK very envious, of those that can use a lathe or milling machine. My brother is very good, I have trouble walking and chewing gum....simultaneously, together, at the same time! grin memtb

Last edited by memtb; 11/09/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I saw 270 in there somewhere...

Homo with less than a half inch?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
.27 inch?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

My “little dig” was meant for “glockdoofus”! I vet posted immediately after you!

Though, I’m somewhat.....OK very envious, of those that can use a lathe or milling machine. My brother is very good, I have trouble walking and chewing gum....simultaneously, together, at the same time! grin memtb

Glockdoofus is a funny man and brings humor that makes me laugh. You did not fool with me when I worked. If you left your lunch bucket on the seat, I would screw it to the bench. I could open any lock and if you were on vacation I would fill your locker with crumpled up papers or a paper Mache doll with a deer tail crotch as ugly as sin. If you did not have the big one, I failed. I was so bad in the army I had to booby trap my bunk since I short sheeted so many beds and removed half the springs so they broke. My life was laughter and friends and never had an enemy or met a bad person until on the net where I was taken advantage of. Nothing is worth the the loss of a friend for profit or fame. I made the first lighted bow sights, stolen, and the way to tune a compound to any broad head in 5 minutes, stolen. So far nobody has matched my bullets since they screw them up. But all is free if you ask.
Even a deer I shot. Do not steal it at gun point, just ask and I will give it to you.
Every site has a king of the hill that has taken info from others. Gun writers today do not how to poop and the few rags I get only advertise what a man can't afford. $8000 binoculars when my $10 ones show the same. Your rifle will not shoot with a glass less then $4000 on it when a Weaver K10 can match it. Snipers used Unertel scopes that failed since the were not purged so cross wires rusted. I still have replacement wires on hand. Held by screws.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
G'Doof is BFR's alter ego.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 50 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.