Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Bicyclists pay for the road only if they are buying gas or diesel.

In my State, unless the voters approve a special tax to fund roads, zero ad vsloreum or general taxes are used to fund road construction or maintenance.

I learned something Arizona is not yet using other tax monies for county and city roads. Unless they accept state monies to help with funding, which almost always happens. Just remember if you ever drive through a city where you haven't paid for gas you are stealing the use of that road!

The State monies you are referring to are the HURF or gas taxes dispersed by the State to fund transportation projects. So still, gas taxes pay for that bike lane.

Well hell, I'll never ride a bike on an Arizona road then. I don't want to feel guilty about stealing. Am I allowed to drive on them if I have never purchased gas in Arizona?

Ride your bike wherever you want. The weather here in AZ is often conducive to flying, sitting by a pool, hiking, or about anything outside.

But maybe you’ll now better understand the funding for those bike paths and shoulders you ride your bike on wherever you are from, because the State you live probably is wrestling with the same funding issue I have explained.

Again, my experience with the bicycling community is the act like they are owed or entitled to ride that bike and are very vocal about their expectations. And they ain’t paying for that shoulder or path. If there was say a user fee or tax to pay for that shoulder or oath, then I’d say that got a legit bitch. If that fee was say $20 per day for using it, then they would’ve correct in bitching about it. They are getting it for free now though. And bitching about it’s condition.

That’s messed up. Like I said all along.

Arizona is the only state I have researched that relies so heavily on fuel and vehicle taxes and fees.

https://frontiergroup.org/reports/fg/who-pays-roads

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Quote: "About 900 cyclists a year get killed in the U.S." I bet there are more than that. And a whole lot more maimed and crippled for life. If you want to get out there and mix it up with cars I'm all for you as long as you don't hold up traffic.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Today I looked behind me and saw another rider coming. When he was several hundred yards back, I pulled in ahead of my wife. He passed about a minute after I did and said "ride single file." Not sure I heard him right I asked "what did you say?" He said "ride single file." I laid into him. "I was single file you dumb mother ffuukker." He snarked back "you weren't" I said "I singled up well before you got here you goddam dumb mother ffuukker."

Meh, it wasn't any skin off my back telling him what I thought. I asked my wife if that embarrassed her when I said stuff like that. She said not when you say it to an idiot mother ffuukker.

Given the fact you look all of 130 skinny lbs, and you wear a clown suit, I find it highly unlikely you said anything close to that unless you were talking to a woman or little kid. Otherwise you likely spent the next 15 minutes picking your teeth up off the highway.

On top of being skinny and wearing a clown suit, I also don't have a whole lot of use of my right arm on account of 5 shoulder surgeries. That won't keep me from calling out a dumbffuukk.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Quote: "About 900 cyclists a year get killed in the U.S." I bet there are more than that. And a whole lot more maimed and crippled for life. If you want to get out there and mix it up with cars I'm all for you as long as you don't hold up traffic.

I suspect the number killed is pretty good. I know for a fact the accident data beyond that is bad. It's the same with our boating statistics. I'd rather be killed than relegated to a wheelchair for life. I take an extremely cooperative approach to sharing the road. I don't like holding anyone up. My wife thinks I am weird for sprinting across crosswalks to minimize the time I delay waiting motorists. So while I advocate strongly for cyclists rights and for motorists to be patient and respectful, I also treat fellow road users with respect until otherwise indicated.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
2100 miles of happiness this year pedaling and no issues with any traffic. It doesn't always have to be a fight but I always ride alone.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DoeDumper
2100 miles of happiness this year pedaling and no issues with any traffic. It doesn't always have to be a fight but I always ride alone.

I think I only had one minor conflict out on the road this year. On an early morning ride through downtown New Orleans when there was very little traffic, I was riding in the left lane of a two lane one way road with curbside parking on both sides. A taxi driver got behind me and laid into his horn. There was nobody in the other lane and he could have easily gone around, but I guess it was easier to press the horn than to apply gentle pressure to the steering wheel. I told him what I thought about him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Today I looked behind me and saw another rider coming. When he was several hundred yards back, I pulled in ahead of my wife. He passed about a minute after I did and said "ride single file." Not sure I heard him right I asked "what did you say?" He said "ride single file." I laid into him. "I was single file you dumb mother ffuukker." He snarked back "you weren't" I said "I singled up well before you got here you goddam dumb mother ffuukker."

Meh, it wasn't any skin off my back telling him what I thought. I asked my wife if that embarrassed her when I said stuff like that. She said not when you say it to an idiot mother ffuukker.

Given the fact you look all of 130 skinny lbs, and you wear a clown suit, I find it highly unlikely you said anything close to that unless you were talking to a woman or little kid. Otherwise you likely spent the next 15 minutes picking your teeth up off the highway.

On top of being skinny and wearing a clown suit, I also don't have a whole lot of use of my right arm on account of 5 shoulder surgeries. That won't keep me from calling out a dumbffuukk.

You couldn't swat the flies off your asss. Get real.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
When it comes to road cycling, I find there’s usually a direct correlation between the volume of the complaint and the fatassedness of the complainer.

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HMS_Deptford
When it comes to road cycling, I find there’s usually a direct correlation between the volume of the complaint and the fasassedness of the complainer.

Maybe? But it's undeniable the correlation between pedal bikers and homosexuality. Read somewhere they like the narrow seats because it keeps their butt plugs in.

MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
When it comes to road cycling, I find there’s usually a direct correlation between the volume of the complaint and the fasassedness of the complainer.

Maybe? But it's undeniable the correlation between pedal bikers and homosexuality. Read somewhere they like the narrow seats because it keeps their butt plugs in.

The fact that you are [bleep] stupid enough to write and post such a thing,and that there seems to be several just like you always posting beyond dumb [bleep], is the main reason I have stopped hanging around here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

The fact that you are [bleep] stupid enough to write and post such a thing,and that there seems to be several just like you always posting beyond dumb [bleep], is the main reason I have stopped hanging around here.

Don't let the door hit ya on your azz as you leave

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

To which poster are you replying? They guy insulting motorists or the guy replying in kind about pedal bikers?

Either way have a blessed Sunday.

MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

To which poster are you replying? They guy insulting motorists or the guy replying in kind about pedal bikers?

Either way have a blessed Sunday.

You do seem to have an unnatural obsession with homosexuality.

Latent desires perhaps?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

You do seem to have an unnatural obsession with homosexuality.

Latent desires perhaps?

If that's an offer to explore further, I'll politely decline. But I'm flattered.

Read the title of the post. The OP has been in multiple flame wars over pedal bikers and decided to dedicating a thread to just that. That it inflamed some vaginas is pretty funny.

And having run into quite a few of them in gas stations here over the last couple years, many are very femme. If that observation bugs you, I'm not sure what I can say to make it any easier.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get off the road azzhole ! Get on the bike path we paid for!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The average anti-bike rager is a marginally educated, out of shape, white, middle-aged male.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Get off the road azzhole ! Get on the bike path we paid for!!

Does it burn your muscles with all the work you have to do moving the steering wheel and operating the gas and brake to work your way around them?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Oh my that was good

Originally Posted by Beoceorl

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That John Wayne wouldn't play on my computer, here is another one with The Duke, music from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ms-OspceM

I like bicycles and I own an $800 Trek mountain bike. But this video is funny.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There's no doubt about it.......... Paulie be one bad mofo............ laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 31 of 43 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,049
Posts18,500,964
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.