Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
i ain't been to that site in so long i forgot about it!....never could figuer out what the helll them leftys were doing with guns in the 1st place......

Elitest POS.

NRA Lifetime Member
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Anybody ever go to huntamerica.com anymore?

IIRC the moderator over at HA had a meltdown one day and started banning people right and left.

Flashbacks.... eek

"Swamp". laugh

What was his name? Marshall-something I think?

Proud to say that I was one of those banned, near the beginning of his infamous period. cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread popped up in a search I was doing on the web. I've been a fan of the fire and AR for a while. Like many have said, AR is a fantastic resource for africa hunting. Curious what folks on the fire think about it these days?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
AR was good when I was getting ready to go to Africa the first time. Haven't been back in years but there was a lot of good African info back then. Way to many elites though.

Last edited by boatammo; 01/07/20.

MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you go there strictly for African hunting info, it's a good site. However, the politics and attitude on the US is something else. Since my last trip to Africa was over 8 yrs. ago, I haven't posted over there. I do occasionally drop in to take a peak, but it is pretty dead.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Left over them having a fit over crat humor. Some of the funniest stuff ever.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Africa forums over there are the only ones that move and even those aren't what they once were....

But look at this joint.....it isn't a shadow of it's old self either lol

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I visit it every day. I just stay away from the politics.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
Left over them having a fit over crat humor. Some of the funniest stuff ever.
Those were even funnier than "MeNoVC" on ArfCom! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
That's too bad, it used to be a good forum. I used to view it regularly. The anti-American BS out of Saeed and the german guy Walter got too much and I got tired of it, haven't posted in months there now. Saeed's some kind of arab prince so he's got plenty of money, that forum was just his hobby so I doubt he really cares that they've run off most of the Americans. Let's face it, probably 95% of the world's big game hunters are Americans, if you run them off your forum then you've not got much left.

I can't help but wonder why an American would have any interest in a Muslim website, guns or no....?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I visit it every day. I just stay away from the politics.

Same here. It's the best African hunting site there is.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I stop in to AR every now and again to see what great feat Ray Atkinson has claimed to have accomplished lately. Now that guy is either the world's greatest cowboy,shooter,reloader, gunfighter, rancher, elk deer rabbit bear moose etc.etc. hunter , and so forth or the world's biggest liar but he does make you laugh.
Then again there are so many over 70 years old whom think they still are the bravest macho warriors, pilots, gunfighters etc. that walk the earth. Their egos might be but their pot bellies belie the truth.

Last edited by Hectortwsp; 01/07/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
That's too bad, it used to be a good forum. I used to view it regularly. The anti-American BS out of Saeed and the german guy Walter got too much and I got tired of it, haven't posted in months there now. Saeed's some kind of arab prince so he's got plenty of money, that forum was just his hobby so I doubt he really cares that they've run off most of the Americans. Let's face it, probably 95% of the world's big game hunters are Americans, if you run them off your forum then you've not got much left.

I can't help but wonder why an American would have any interest in a Muslim website, guns or no....?

Why would a Muslim website decorate itself in red and green for the Christmas season?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Because I'm interested in Hunting and that place is a great source for it and just because it's a Moslem site, I don't automatically hate it. Like here, if you stay away from the political garbage, there is a LOT there to learn.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
For some reason a lot of the bashing of AR here seems to be resentment against "elites" who dared to make something of themselves instead of living in a trailer park in rural Kentucky. I don't buy virtue signalling.

I just went there to the Political Forum, where I hadn't been in years, to check it out. Some troll nemed Edmond has started about 60% of the threads and is a Leftist. Paddler and Greyghost on steroids. But a lot of other sections of AR are pretty good. The .458 Winchester thread in Big Bores has 174 pages of comments.

We should appreciate that Saeed pays for the whole thing himself. No ads or popups. If you're civil, no censorship.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't been there in years, I posted mainly in the Alaska forum but delved occasionally in the Africa hunting forums. Some very knowledgeable hunters there but it also has it's fair share of bungholes, not any different than the 'Fire.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
I stop in to AR every now and again to see what great feat Ray Atkinson has claimed to have accomplished lately. Now that guy is either the world's greatest cowboy,shooter,reloader, gunfighter, rancher, elk deer rabbit bear moose etc.etc. hunter , and so forth or the world's biggest liar but he does make you laugh.
Then again there are so many over 70 years old whom think they still are the bravest macho warriors, pilots, gunfighters etc. that walk the earth. Their egos might be but their pot bellies belie the truth.

Yes, Ray is worth the price of admission!

I still log on from time to time but only look at the African Big Game Hunting and Custom Rifles forums. I haven't found a better site for keeping a finger on the pulse of Africa thanks to so many PHs/outfitters posting there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I go visit there again dust blows out of my computer. It was my first real gun internet site I used to spend time on. It used to be awesome. The fact is this site is the one that killed it. This site was updated and fresh and also after about 2006 had more content. Saeed if you read his comments enough I think he didn’t hate America but rather just enjoyed getting our goat about things. That is what I came to believe after reading his comments about America for years. Everyone that had personal interaction with him always said he was a great guy. He loved to test things. In the end he failed to modernize his site. 24 hour took its place

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Tried to join a couple of years ago. They rejected me because of my username.
It was a good move on their part and I thank them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
signed up over there the other day to say high to lawrence, man talk about a dead place. you might get one reply a day on a thread if your lucky.

The "Big Bore", "Medium Bore", "Small bore" sections are great, among the best on the web. I highly recommend them.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.