Campfire Kahuna
Renegade you don’t understand

You need to come out to a holy roller grape arbor revival

I’ll supply the Jim Beam

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I never passed out or spoke in tongues tripping acid

I always wanted to burn something though.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sounds like it could be interesting someone could possibly get two seperated rooms and 2 different strangers, who were tongues interpreters, one in each room, tune in to a good Pent TV program and get the interpretation from each written to compare on paper after each successive parishioner ran up front to accept their special taste of recieving the Holy Ghost.

Nooooooooooooooooooo......

Not a Litmus test!!!!!

Just put 2 of them tongue interpreters in seperate rooms wired up with speakers.
Hearing someone from another room talking tongues piped into them.
Conduct said experiment.

Never happen..........
Would affect the Benjamins........

Last edited by renegade50; 01/09/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed.

I saw God.......

Lol!!!

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
It seems kinda weird to the average person but its something that I think many or most cultures have some form of. Didn't the Indians have dances and chants that they performed that put them in a similar state? Pretty sure it's a fairly common thing with some african tribes too. Seems like it's a state humans generally have the ability to put themselves into, in a number of different ways.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Grape Arbor?

Is that a new flavor?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Grape Arbor?

Is that a new flavor?

Arranged arbor of elevated brush, not always grapevine. Just sometimes improvised.

Around here they’d erect them for out door revivals for shade back in the 19th century.

Those feeling the spirit would roll around on the ground and do the Curly shuffle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi[
And this language can be spoken from getting all excited and without having learned it? So, its universal, meaning an excited Afreakan could get all excited and converse with a US Indian talker or Japanese guy excited or an Aboroginie or Swede.

Hum. Amazing. So all people are born with a common language ingrained in them that HE gives those who will get deeply excited by HIM?

It would stand to reason if this language were innate, belief in HIM would be also.

Hummm. whistle

It seems to me that Christian's most be talking in tongues to some just by reading the Bible out loud to unbelievers.

The reason for this universality is probably that we have similar wiring in our brains. When they get excited in just the right way, the basic mechanics of speech get turned on and operate at a lower-than-conscious level. It probably isn't a universal language, but just universal wiring of the brain.

Check this out:

Nobody built those components to play music, but if you get them programmed right, they do a fairly good job. Some may see the parallel.

The way I see it, monkeys and apes sing in chorus. Therefore the hardwiring predates us a species. Furthermore, all Howler monkeys have a similar call, with minor regional differences. Something goes off in their brain and they're all out on the limb singing. This is probably related to that. If you've ever been in the middle of a bunch of devout Methodists singing Amazing Grace, you'll get a feeling of timelessness. You'll feel the sublime touching you.

Hand of God?

Look, if you're a good Christian, it's all the Hand of God.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Here's an example of Glossolalia I found on Youtube. It's got pretty much what I was talking about.

I was looking for the documentary that U.C. produced back in the 60's. It was stunning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bingo!

Found it!

I'd seen this back when it first came out-- late 60's. This is similar to the church I visited near Ashland KY.

Winter Quarter of my Sophomore year, a sociology professor showed this flick to our Sociology 102 class. I was taking the class with all my Broadcasting buddies. At one point, they show a guy slipping into Tongues.

I poked my buddy; "Doug, any minute now this guy's going to slip into speaking Tongues" I said.

"What are you talking about, man?" replied Doug. "He's been talking for 2 minutes in that gibberish." I looked back up at the screen and sure enough, he was. I'd just spent 2 minutes watching the guy and hearing a translation in my head. This was about 6 months after my last exposure to this sort of thing. At the time, it kind of shook me. I thought I was well rid of it all.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
We started making tracks, when they broke out the Diamondbacks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Grew up in the A/G. Went to NCBC to become a pastor. Took three things away from it all. [bleep] load of debt, god is a myth and church girls love the d.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Grew up in the A/G. Went to NCBC to become a pastor. Took three things away from it all. [bleep] load of debt, god is a myth and church girls love the d.

A college buddy of mine told me he grew up in a community full of Amish. According to him those Amish girls are wildcats.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
Sounds like it could be interesting someone could possibly get two seperated rooms and 2 different strangers, who were tongues interpreters, one in each room, tune in to a good Pent TV program and get the interpretation from each written to compare on paper after each successive parishioner ran up front to accept their special taste of recieving the Holy Ghost.

Nooooooooooooooooooo......

Not a Litmus test!!!!!

Just put 2 of them tongue interpreters in seperate rooms wired up with speakers.
Hearing someone from another room talking tongues piped into them.
Conduct said experiment.

Never happen..........
Would affect the Benjamins........

I figure. I seem to remember a Bible passage where the HE advised against losing control of your emotions or control or faculties or something to that effect.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

YUP! Seen it Heard it. My buddies wife would freeze up rock solid. Totally immobile

Originally Posted by shaman

Here's an example of Glossolalia I found on Youtube. It's got pretty much what I was talking about.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Man, that's some f u c k e d u p s h i t

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'd like to see those chickens run if someone stood up in back and hollered, "Hes got a fuggin gun."

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Q
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Q
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

Rule 1..."You shalt love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul".

Rule 2..." Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself".

Rule 3... "I don't Care". ( about any drama, pettiness, etc)

Rule 4..."You can't Make Me Care" ( About anything, no one Makes me do anything)

Rule 5..."It's going to be all right". ( I'm Trusting Him through it all anyhow! No need to get stirred up! smile )

I like this

We speak in tongues in our church. You see we have preachers who come from other countries, They speak in their native tongue, and one who can interpret, does so for those who dont understand the language. This whole speaking in tongues has been taken way out of context in my opinion.

"When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol is a dead man."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Man, that's some f u c k e d u p s h i t
laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.