Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Did any one else buy one of these pieces of [bleep]? My wife and I bought one about 4 years ago. We got a letter about two years later saying it could come unglued during the spin cycle. We could get about $100. Off on a new one, or we could have it juryrigged by a repairman.
End of rant!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Samsung washers - Hmmm. Sounds a little kinky to round eyes but good for Samsung. (Pardon me, I've been up all night...)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Did any one else buy one of these pieces of [bleep]? My wife and I bought one about 4 years ago. We got a letter about two years later saying it could come unglued during the spin cycle. We could get about $100. Off on a new one, or we could have it juryrigged by a repairman.
End of rant!

I bought Samsung Washer and Dryer set a few years back. The dryer caught on fire, I threw the breaker and kept an eye on it. It filled the laundry room with smoke and an burnt electric stench. Samsung gave me the full purchase price back after 3 years of service. I tossed the Washer and will never buy another Samsung anything probably not even a TV and I have 4 Samsung Flat screens.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
knock on wood, I am Samsung everything in my house except the dishwasher which is Bosch

I have no complaints, everything has been working great and its all over 6 years old

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We had one. A gear finally went out and it wasn't worth fixing. We now have a Whirlpool. The Samsung was one of those high efficiency models that used less water. Yeah, right. It saved water, all right. Many times we'd take the clothes out and find dry spots where the water never got to them. To even get everything wet, let alone clean, we'd have to use a cycle for heavy bedding. That one filled the whole tub.
The problem with reviews is that they don't allow you to show 5 black stars instead of gold.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I for got the dry spots when you pull the clothes out of the washer! We spent roughly 1500. Bucks for the washer and dryer.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Happily going on 12 years with mine. I have had to replace the heating element in the accompanying dryer though. A 15 minute $30 job.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I forgot to mention the Samsung flood. There's a plastic tube that measures the water depth. It came off and wouldn't quit filling. It dumped at least 10 gal on the floor before we caught it. It was a real mess.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Modern appliances are notoriously problem prone. In a lot of research it looks like Samsung customer service is bottom rung. My mother bought their most expensive range. It never worked right. It took her forever to get a repair person to come look at it, and the times he came out he never accomplished anything. She suffered through it for 2 years and finally got rid of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got one about 6 yrs ago. Silver ion front loader, plays a little tune when the wash was done. Hi efficiency, energy star, etc. paid about $900 just for the washer.

3 years into the romance, the motherboard took a shît. $200 to DIY new board.

It was still usable, you just had to manually advance the cycles.

Chucked that POS and went got myself a $250 whirlpool top loader at Lowe’s with some leftover gift cards like I should have to begin with. Been fine ever since. No complaints from Concepcion

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
An appliance guy told me they work well when/while they work, but parts are often impossible to find. I don't know if society views them as disposable, so Samsung builds them that way, or if it's vice-versa.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Kenmore washer and dryer here.

I dont trust the new schit. Maybe they work good for clean people.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I will never own another Samsung appliance.

Dryer (same as Slummy's) is on it's third heating element. I've had to DIY repair our refrigerator 3 times now; main motherboard, freezer thermistor, refrigerator thermistor. Ice maker is dead now, and we have to chip ice out of the bottom of the freezer every few weeks.

The 'fridge is DIY because no one around here will work on it. Anyone I call hears it is a Samsung and they won't even roll a truck to take a look.

Pieces of CHIT.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Who makes Kenmore?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got screwed on one too. It was rotting out around the detergent bowl after 2 years. I replaced it with LG.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Who makes Kenmore?

Who ever bid the job cheapest.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve sworn off any and all Samsung products. Currently rocking a Speed Queen washer and dryer. You could stuff a corpse in them with a load of laundry and it wouldn’t even bat an eye.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by duck911

Dryer (same as Slummy's) is on it's third heating element. I've had to DIY repair our refrigerator 3 times now; main motherboard, freezer thermistor, refrigerator thermistor. Ice maker is dead now, and we have to chip ice out of the bottom of the freezer every few weeks.

The 'fridge is DIY because no one around here will work on it. Anyone I call hears it is a Samsung and they won't even roll a truck to take a look.

Pieces of CHIT.

The ice in the bottom of your freezer could be a fan not working. It's supposed to remove humidity that condenses and freezes. Frost free freezers aren't very efficient because that fan keeps sucking out cold air that needs to be replaced.

We have an LG fridge. We've never had a problem yet but I've heard stories that their service is less than stellar, too. Parts are said to be very hard to get.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woodson
I’ve sworn off any and all Samsung products. Currently rocking a Speed Queen washer and dryer. You could stuff a corpse in them with a load of laundry and it wouldn’t even bat an eye.

We have a Speed Queen washer, and we love it.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911

Pieces of CHIT.

Y'all can 'splain me this?

Why the "F" does a frigidator need a motherboard?

All it needs to do is cool stuff down? Condenser, compressor, some coils, a thermostat..................I think they first came out with the idea back when horses still pulled the ice wagon around.................and they put them out of business pretty early on.

Thank you guys for the reminder. Our fridge is 10 +/- years old, still keeps things cold, makes a bit of noise, but it doesn't have a motherboard. Thanks to you folks, when we get a new one..................I'll be looking for a non-computerized model.

Same goes for the 15+ year old washer and dryer. Going to buy the simplest model I can find.

Geno

PS Kenmore stuff now, front load washer probably has a computer in it, as it's got an awful lot of choices to do laundry. Dryer is the simple model. When it gets to replacing time, wife wants a top loader next time. I may look into Speed Queen home version of their laundromat models.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (673, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 79S, 2500HD, 15 invisible), 1,608 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,503
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.