Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Lord, let me win the lottery so I can prove it won’t’t spoil me.

Good on her.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ihookem
She will likely have more problems than ever. People will come out of the woodwork and be her friend. She will get endless mail for money. She needs to invest it and not ever touch anything but the dividends. That will be about $60,000 per yr.
. I have heard so many stories of people going crazy after winning, and dead broke 5 yrs. later.

60k in dividends off a $5mil investment? 1.2% return. Not sure who does your finances, but I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing.
But agree with your point.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sprint11
She will likely have more problems than ever. People will come out of the woodwork and be her friend. She will get endless mail for money. She needs to invest it and not ever touch anything but the dividends. That will be about $60,000 per yr.
. I have heard so many stories of people going crazy after winning, and dead broke 5 yrs. later.

60k in dividends off a $5mil investment? 1.2% return. Not sure who does your finances, but I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing.

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I never believed in luck because i had to struggle so much. but i do think some people are being specially cared for somehow.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good for her. The good things she's done has come back to her. Congratulations.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It sounds like she won the lottery long ago, she is now reaping the rewards.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A lifelong hardworking gal, as nice as they come, that has clerked and managed at the local grocery for most of our adult lives retired, on a very modest income last month. We just got a call, she hit a lottery ticket for 5 million. Gawd I hope it's true.
I was in line once and an old Indian guy came up short on money for a package of burger..she said, "Joe, I made a mistake, this is on sale." She got him checked out and gone, and dug the other three bucks or so out of her purse under the counter to square the till.

Maybe there is something to the saying that good things happen to good people.

Flintlock, do live in Scott Valley??, I heard a rumor also, if it's true she sure does deserve it!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by cageycat
A lifelong hardworking gal, as nice as they come, that has clerked and managed at the local grocery for most of our adult lives retired, on a very modest income last month. We just got a call, she hit a lottery ticket for 5 million. Gawd I hope it's true.
I was in line once and an old Indian guy came up short on money for a package of burger..she said, "Joe, I made a mistake, this is on sale." She got him checked out and gone, and dug the other three bucks or so out of her purse under the counter to square the till.

Flintlock, do live in Scott Valley??, I heard a rumor also, if it's true she sure does deserve it!!!

Yeah Cagey, I'm near Callahan. Lorilei that worked at Rays Market is the gal. Her and my wife used to play town team softball in Etna. She clerked groceries in one store or another in Etna and Ft. Jones forever. What a sweet lady.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dale06
Hope she won.
I didn’t cause I’ve never bought a ticket.

This.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Its amazing how many dumb suckers go through life thinking they were born lucky.

No brains, no job but they come up with a few bucks and line up to buy ticket, thinking one day their ship will float in.

I told one of those poor desolate suckers in line ahead of me at a local con store while we were waiting on a dark dimocrap to make the score of his life that i never bought a ticket. He said why not. I said i wasnt lucky. He said why not, he was lucky. I said if i was lucky i would have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth and wouldnt need to win the lottery. I think that dimocrap is probly still pondering that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Yeah Cagey, I'm near Callahan. Lorilei that worked at Rays Market is the gal. Her and my wife used to play town team softball in Etna. She clerked groceries in one store or another in Etna and Ft. Jones forever. What a sweet lady.

Yep, Lorilei is a great gal, I'm on the east side out side of Etna.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Buddys dad won 6 mil.
My cuz won 100K.
Guy at work got a million in a scratch off in the break room one day. He won 100K another time before.
Proly blows 100 a week, every week, and has for 15 years.
Know a bunch that blow that and maybe win 5K or 1K once every other year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Buddys dad won 6 mil.
My cuz won 100K.
Guy at work got a million in a scratch off in the break room one day. He won 100K another time before.

They ever hook ol hookeye up? lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by hookeye
Buddys dad won 6 mil.
My cuz won 100K.

They ever hook ol hookeye up? lol

Yo Bestie.

I think I could use a new bass boat, but I'm a bit short.

How about a slice of that 15 Mil?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Yep, Lorilei is a great gal, I'm on the east side out side of Etna.

You know guys, maybe we need to plan a NorCal/S OR get together. I can think of at least 10 folks around these parts without burning up any brain cells.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Far out.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope this is true. She sounds like a very deserving person. Just hope the money grabbing vultures don’t get her to support them. Glad to hear someone local finally won a nice chunk of money.

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
People that want you to invest your millions of winning lottery.. are loser investors just trying to get a piece of the action...IF you worked most of your life and win a lottery for a million or more, just spend the chit.. you wont probably live long enough to blow it all anyway...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sprint11

If the prize is $5, after taxes and the reduction for a lump sum payout she will get about $2. $60k/yr on $2m ain’t too bad if you aren’t taking much risk

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 12344mag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,602
Posts18,511,493
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.