-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A driver on a fast moped closely followed by a low pickup driving by a couple times should do the trick.

Grandfather used to have a problem with dogs chasing the Harley and would often have my Grandmother follow him with the car, seemed to work.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend told me about how once in his neighborhood, a dog got into some DCON rat poison. Just saying,

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fox labs or sabre red should work. Heck bear spray

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have a County Leash Law.

I called Animal Control and they said if on my property just shoot them.

Our County Sheriff also has a Live Stock Officer. There is a law against "worrying of live stock"

Read up on your local laws.

Don't do anything that will get you into trouble.

Do not approach or talk to the dogs owner.

Lots of people have been shot or killed over neighbor's dogs issues.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
285 K home. Deal, where?

Kind of been over that before, its new, 2 story,

Would be way more in other places. Cost of living here is a bargain.

is a single family home that contains 2,180 sq ft and was built in 2019. It contains 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This home last sold for $277,900 in February 2019. The Zestimate for this house is $305,924, which has increased by $1,983 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $995/mo, which has increased by $25/mo in the last 30 days.

YEAR PROPERTY TAXES TAX ASSESSMENT
2019 $1,729

Too new to have a zillow pic or I’d post it.

Edit...i actually did find one. Had to ditch Bing and use the GoogleFu,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I saw another one on Active Self Protection, where the neighbor would sick his dog on the dog he was walking. Second time that happened, the vicious dog got a face full of bear spray. You would be amazed how quickly that dog switched directions. That's what I would use. You Can NOT use lethal force to protect your dog in most jurisdictions. What I do is try to get between my dog and the attacking dog, which gives you the opportunity to say, I was in fear for my life that the dog was attacking me. I've got absolutely no use for mean dogs, and will make their life miserable and the life of the owner.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Terrible!

Wtf is wrong with people?

Sorry about all this Slumlord.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Did not read through all the replies. I would stay away from anything that can be perceived as "animal cruelty". You know how crazy that schit has become in this day and age. No BB's, pellets, poison etc. Go with something that is legal and over the counter. Find something over the counter and get the best and strongest spray labeled for repelling dogs. The neighbor will have a hard time proving animal cruelty that way.

Of course you don't have to stop spraying and empty the can on the offending bastid for grins.

i read ALL the replies, always do

I wish everyone did on other threads

This is mostly just a fun thread, I’m going to take more pics. My best one would be to get one of the dog on our property. It’s been over here, I just havent been quick enough.

I have video of the dogs’ body language and vocalizations too.

I would never do anything like glass or antifreeze. I will take a tobacco stick to it or worse if I’m put into a tight spot.

I could go right now, put my dog on a leash and walk passed that house and create a situation if I wanted to. But I really do not want to kill someone’s dog.

I grew up with a doberman, they are not pit bulls, they are just very defensive and protective of their little corner over there. That being said, if them folks think they need all that in a dog for their property, they need to keep it all contained on their footprint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If no one has said it yet, use a Bang Stick

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Slumlord,

I have OC’d dozens of dogs of all shapes and sizes. It fugks them up something fierce and they will avoid you for a good while afterward depending on the hardness of the dog.

OC is made to be used on animals and people. It’s about the safest way to teach lessons. Legally speaking.

The best approach is to let them give the slightest bit of chase so that their airways are heaving a bit. Then give them a solid hosing. (With the spray)

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
They are vicious, and they are on a county road outside of the yard in which they belong.

Preface: I am a lover of the K9's.

You can blast 'em with bear spray, beat their ass with a cane, call to popo, ad infinitum. The real problem, as you know, is the people. Doubt you can fix them, but I guess in your shoes I'd have to have a face to face and let them know this is the first, last, and only talk about this - control your dogs, or homey will. When the warning is issued and they don't follow through all roads lead to the dogs gotta go away and not nice like. Tearing into your dog on your property is already 3 strikes your out, IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Super squirter filled with commercial janitorial ammonia right in the snoot.

Yep, that's what I used to use as a youngster on my paper route. Squirt gun full of ammonia, and it was just the household strength. Did the job.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
That glass in the burger meat is a horrible notion. I'd not wish it on any creature.

I'd be going with pepper spray first, then move on to CCI shotshells directed away from the face if that doesn't work. Dogs absolutely hate a .38 shotshell in the ass from 20' or so.

I 2nd this notion. The dogs are like they are because of lack of training which falls squarely on the shoulders of the owner(s). Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I haven't read all the responses yet but I bought some pepper spray with orange dye at a gun shop in the Florida panhandle that worked great. If you sprayed orange dye all over that woman's dogs she might figure out a way to keep them on her property. I also carried a Glock for vicious dogs,bears and drug dealers when I was working in rural areas. Another thing that worked great on dogs was one those things that emit a frequency that dogs hate. The one I used was DAZER ll, they may have better ones now. After you use it on a dog one time they won't even bark at you and will run away when they see you. I ran into one dog that was deaf so I just sprayed him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got a customer a Sabre Stun gun.She had a dog come at her and she just fired it up and she said the dog turned tail and ran.It is quite loud and a CRACKLING sound is the best way I can describe it. That being said I know it wasn't a Doberman that came at her. The Sabre Stun gun is definitely not one of those sissy ones. I being a man had to try it out.:) I put it on my leg and my brain would not allow me to hold it there very long:) But I concur that bear spray is the way to go. When I worked for the Wisconsin Dept of Corrections we had to get sprayed with pepper spray before we were allowed to carry it on duty. We carried Sabre pepper spray and it sucked but I also did some experimenting with Fox Labs (not on inmates) and I think it is a hotter/better pepper spray.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had to have a conversation with a neighbor who had a shepard that attacked my well-trained hunting lab while I walked him on a lead. I drove into his yard, laid on the horn, and he came out on his porch in his underwear. I said that if his dog ever attacked me or my dog again that the sound of a gunshot would be his que to come and get his dead dog. Then I went down to the town's police dept and filed a complaint of a loose, vicious dog. The morning of the attack, even tho it was light out, for some reason I grabbed my 4 cell MagLite as I went out the door. That shepard let go of my lab after I gave him a good whack on his head with it. When I told the police that I would shoot the dog if it happened again they told me I have a right to protect myself and my property (my dog). It never happened again. The dog was kept chained up and in less than a year, it was gone.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hillestadj
They are vicious, and they are on a county road outside of the yard in which they belong.

You can blast 'em with bear spray, beat their ass with a cane, call to popo, ad infinitum. The real problem, as you know, is the people. Doubt you can fix them, but I guess in your shoes I'd have to have a face to face and let them know this is the first, last, and only talk about this - control your dogs, or homey will. When the warning is issued and they don't follow through all roads lead to the dogs gotta go away and not nice like. Tearing into your dog on your property is already 3 strikes your out, IMO.

My 20 year old son has actually talked to her, he walks a couple miles in the evening. He got bit last year by some other jughead mutt a mile further up on the main highway. She knows, she knows, she apologizes from the door step, she calls em back. Next day, the whole thing starts over.

These are not people that I’m worried about “conflict” with. They don’t come off as belligerent idiots, maybe new to the getting their ass sued game though, maybe new to responsible dog ownership, obviously.

They (the dogs) seem like the sneaky, hiney biting type. They are less than 2 years old. I remember them being taped up on the ears.

She’s got a man, only have ever seen him a couple times in a year or so.

I think he is deployed as active duty, they seem under 30. I’m thinking she’s there by herself and believed they needed some mean ass dogs.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hillestadj

OC’ing dogs absolutely can correct a problem dog.

Again, it depends how hard the dog is. But I have seen it cure dogs permanently.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I will make a note of that deflave. Make them get a good pull inhaled up the snoot.

I could get a chewbacca mask off of one my son’s buds and lure em a little extra further towards my mailboxes. lol

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I it were me, I'd start to build a case for animal control, if that is possible. Take pics, file complaints. And if they do come after you or yours violently, you respond accordingly in self-defense. Along that vein, I would have no hesitation carrying pepper spray as I did my mowing, and if that fails, then have something more decisive at hand or nearby.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Cleanliness is right in line with Godliness (referring to your EDC) - Renegade50

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 12,364 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,023
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.