Home
These dogs got after my female lab couple months back. Came onto our property and chomped on my 10 year old dog.

Anyone that walks or jogs or rides a bike or wheeler passed this home, gets a dose of these dobies.

Pics all from different days. $285K home but they can’t put up a fence. Lady that owns them usually finally comes put after a minute or two of barking, in her all-day nightgown and calls for them.

I thought about getting some spray, they get after my wife when she walks every morning. They get after me on the mower when I cut grass out by this hardtop coming into our place.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

12 gauge would get my vote!
That would be the bare minimum for me!
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
12 gauge would get my vote!

^^^THIS^^^

But pepper spray might teach them, they're probably smart enough to learn from it. Or, call animal control on her.

If they attacked my dog, I would have called the cops.
Bear spray ought to do it. Might be fun to watch them learn.
NEI 454-270-PBK through the chest cavity spray.
Pump..
Knife to a gunfight??
Super squirter filled with commercial janitorial ammonia right in the snoot.
You might try it for "training purposes". Get the big can, make sure you've got the wind in your favor, and see what happens.

If it has little to no effect and they continue to bother you while mowing, or your wife, especially if they come on YOUR property........be sure of your backstop then. Don't want to puncture a hole in an innocent neighbor's house if whatever you use "way over penetrates".

The nightgown gal has some serious issues going on there if one of them dogs bites someone.

Sounds like you and renegade have the same neighbors, no one else dealing with the issue, just let the Dobies run the streets?

Good luck with it. I'm not sure they'd still be around now if they'd have gotten one of our dogs in our own yard.
Spray paint graffiti.
llook on the brite side....bet they don't let many strangers walk down your street into your driveway....surely that's worth something coming from those black & brown beasts..
Put some skunk piss in a spray bottle and hit em with that. The dumb bitch will keep them under control after an application or two.
What I’d like to do first is go down here in the creek bottom and cut myself about a 12ft piece of cane or bamboo and whip their asses.
They’d get sprayed at the very least and likely peppered with the BB/pellet gun for starters. If that didn’t work then the next time they chased my wife or threatened the safety of my loved ones they’d get a load of #4 buck and left where they lie. I suppose a .22 to the gut would work too but I’m not big on letting animals suffer, BLM or Antifa?.....they’re worse than animals and lower than whaleshit so I don’t GAF what happens to them....but I digress...
Originally Posted by mathman

yup, that's the old school tried and true method.
I "trained" a couple of bitey dogs that thought they owned the street when I had a paper route. I had a couple of homemade medieval style implements that were good head knockers.
Renegade told me go with a pack of hot dogs and Ex Lax, 😐😐
That'd get you arrested for "animal 'buse". Better to just put 200 gr of lead center mass.
(The long stick)
Originally Posted by slumlord

Delay fuse, I like it.

Delay fuse, I like it.

nightgown lady be like..................."I wonder what you dogs got into this time"

Maybe after the third time she'd figure out she needs to keep them in their own yard?

If the dogs live in the house, a couple pounds of the cheapest, greasiest bacon (raw) you can find at the Dollar General ought to light their fuse.

If our little dog gets a bit of raw bacon, it's worse than X-Lax. And we only buy the good stuff.
22 RF semi auto with suppressor is the fastest but would have witnesses. Some hamburger with crushed glass is quiet and will cost the owners a goodly amount of money.. Plus it's very quiet.,
Or just get them each a meal deal from Taco Bell.
Not familiar with the law in TN, but down this way, on my property biting my dogs or snarling at me they would die instamundo.
That glass in the burger meat is a horrible notion. I'd not wish it on any creature.

I'd be going with pepper spray first, then move on to CCI shotshells directed away from the face if that doesn't work. Dogs absolutely hate a .38 shotshell in the ass from 20' or so.
On my property is where they get the vitamin Pb supplement.
They wouldn't like a big bore Keith in the chest either.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Not familiar with the law in TN, but down this way, on my property biting my dogs or snarling at me they would die instamundo.

^ that and...

Originally Posted by JPro
That glass in the burger meat is a horrible notion. I'd not wish it on any creature.

^ that
Oh hell yeah, they are inside dogs

Just from a previous thread. This is same house where 5,6 year old boys come, getting into my uncles and my mailboxes, and coming over here swimming in our creek. Stacking boulders across our entrance bridge.

I didnt get pics of dobers attacking my lab, heard the fight and they and those bratty kids hauled ass with their dog when they heard my wheeler start up and get over that way. This 500-600ft from where I was.
Send her a Warning note that you are going to inform her insurance carrier that she has vicious dogs, and send pics. They will cancel her homeowners insurance, costing her big bucks on a renewal from another company. She will have no idea if you can do it or not.

Police should be called, report filed, police can in fact find out who the insurance carrier is.

What if the dogs get after a child?
I would not do any shooting, or poison...or all the problems will end up in your lap with the only exception is if they are in your back yard attacking you or your dog.

Cops and animal control really hate vicious dogs and their owners....let them do their job..

Chances are that the dogs will try and bite the cops and animal control...more great documentation.

Wasp spray is wicked on all animals, and I would only use it as a last resort, relying on LEO to do their job.
Mom in an all day night dress, 5-6 year old mini-terrorists,

sounds like you've got some fish to fry....

Have you tried a "nice neighborly" approach yet? Bring them over a cake, or an invite to a bbq at your place. Make them your friends? Sic them on the other [bleep] neighbors in the 'hood and tell them if they stay away from your place your cool with it?

Can't say as to how i'd like to have those problems here.
Originally Posted by keith
Send her a Warning note that you are going to inform her insurance carrier that she has vicious dogs, and send pics. They will cancel her homeowners insurance, costing her big bucks on a renewal from another company. She will have no idea if you can do it or not.

Police should be called, report filed, police can in fact find out who the insurance carrier is.

I would not do any shooting, or poison...or all the problems will end up in your lap with the only exception is if they are in your back yard attacking you or your dog.

Cops and animal control really hate vicious dogs and their owners....let them do their job..

Chances are that the dogs will try and bite the cops and animal control...more great documentation.

Wasp spray is wicked on all animals, and I would only use it as a last resort, relying on LEO to do their job.

You wouldn't
do any shooting, or poison

yet you advocate wasp spray as a last resort?

Last I checked that crap can cause some serious neurological issues in non-targer species.

I'd go with the ammonia before I'd go with that, and likely go with OC before either.
I would simply call the police.

They will simply visit her and politely inform her not to do it.

BTW: Is there a leash law where you live?
Active Self Protection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r761hZeTtU

I'd be going with pepper spray first, then move on to CCI shotshells directed away from the face if that doesn't work. Dogs absolutely hate a .38 shotshell in the ass from 20' or so.

I agree! So if I shoot the dogs I get arrested for dischreage of a firearm in city or community. If I contact the owner with a complaint and take action later, they know who I am.. It would be easier to use strychnine, that is difficult to get..I want to solve the problem wit the least amount of problem for me.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I would simply call the police.

They will simply visit her and politely inform her not to do it.

BTW: Is there a leash law where you live?

Yes there is a leash law

That is one of the main purposes of documenting them being a problem

They are vicious, and they are on a county road outside of the yard in which they belong.
What I’d like to do first is go down here in the creek bottom and cut myself about a 12ft piece of cane or bamboo and whip their asses.

Used that method once, years ago. It worked.

Only it was a serious lion dog that was fixing to have me for breakfast, and I happened to have one of those hickory stockman's canes in my hand.

One swat upside the head did the trick.

I had my 1911 too. Glad I didn't have to use it.

This is what my friend did when he had a dog trying to bite him while doing his paper route.
Squirt gun filled with ammonia, squirt him in the face and the dog would fall to the ground rubbing his face in the dirt/grass trying to get it out.
After 3-4 times of that the dog never came near him again.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You might try it for "training purposes". Get the big can, make sure you've got the wind in your favor, and see what happens.

If it has little to no effect and they continue to bother you while mowing, or your wife, especially if they come on YOUR property........be sure of your backstop then. Don't want to puncture a hole in an innocent neighbor's house if whatever you use "way over penetrates".

The nightgown gal has some serious issues going on there if one of them dogs bites someone.

Sounds like you and renegade have the same neighbors, no one else dealing with the issue, just let the Dobies run the streets?

Good luck with it. I'm not sure they'd still be around now if they'd have gotten one of our dogs in our own yard.

Could i get one to bite me? After youve filed reports with the sheriff and they've had their talk with her? Please?

Otherwise, it would be nice to see them catch a dose of 25 foot wasp spray in the face.

Canned dog food with some old farm house ground up window pane glass with some rat bait and golden malrin might cool them off a bit.

Open can of sardines drained of juice and replaced with golden malrin in old style antifreeze?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Only it was a serious lion dog that was fixing to have me for breakfast, and I happened to have one of those hickory stockman's canes in my hand.

Hot shot would be nice. Tazer.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I thought of that vid right away here I’m glad you posted it good stuff.
Dogs need room temp before they kill or maim a kid for life.
Dogs don't like skunk juice and neither do people. Spray them with ammonia or wasp spray only the dogs suffer. Spray them with skunk juice the dogs and the owner have a bad day.
10 foot long piece of PVC pipe with a noose on the end. Lasso one and take it for a 5-mile run behind your 4-wheeler. Cut it loose and let it walk home. Repeat as required. Skunk scent would be a good double whammy.
A cattle prod will work well if you don’t want to kill them, and eliminate the chance you are hit by residual.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I thought of that vid right away here I’m glad you posted it good stuff.

So a 40 cal bullet failed to penetrate the dog’s skull from 6 feet?

P
285 K home. Deal, where?
Velo Dog Revolver, designed for just this purpose.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Much as your initial instincts say just rid the world of 'em, you'll end being the bad guy & get all the grief.

Start with the above & don't take no from the animal control or the cops, & make a formal complaint.

MM
Two words...

Fox labs
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Otherwise, it would be nice to see them catch a dose of 25 foot wasp spray in the face.

Canned dog food with some old farm house ground up window pane glass with some rat bait and golden malrin might cool them off a bit.

Open can of sardines drained of juice and replaced with golden malrin in old style antifreeze?

And if something else happens to eat it instead it’s just acceptable collateral damage?

Can’t abide this for the dogs - or anything else.
The pvc pipe and noose sounds good followed by a good dose of skunk scent and send it home! 🤣
I also vote for 12 gauge spray.

Shot size of your choice. grin
The bear spray is effective. Try substituting wasp and hornet spay. Direct stream. up to 20 ft away, no fog for wind issues. Hit em in the face and mouth. Think about it.
Sorry didn't see it was already here.
Velo Dog Revolver, designed for just this purpose.
Did not read through all the replies. I would stay away from anything that can be perceived as "animal cruelty". You know how crazy that schit has become in this day and age. No BB's, pellets, poison etc. Go with something that is legal and over the counter. Find something over the counter and get the best and strongest spray labeled for repelling dogs. The neighbor will have a hard time proving animal cruelty that way.

Of course you don't have to stop spraying and empty the can on the offending bastid for grins.

Game cameras, video, talk to other neighbors. Give the cops something to work with before the dogs get a kid or old person.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
10 foot long piece of PVC pipe with a noose on the end. Lasso one and take it for a 5-mile run behind your 4-wheeler. Cut it loose and let it walk home. Repeat as required. Skunk scent would be a good double whammy.

Hell, a Dobey would call that a good time and be back in 30 minutes for another run.

I had a big (45 # and long legged) stray show up at my house about twenty years ago. I figured it belonged in the subdivision a mile south of me. So I dropped it off five miles south of the house the next morning on my way to work. I hoped it would find home before it made it back to my house.

Nope, the bastard was lying on my porch when I got home at 4:30.

The next morning, I dropped him 20 miles from the house. It took him about 12 hours to show up at the house again.

I eventually gave him to a young man with a secure chain link kennel. About a month later, I saw the dog dead on the hiway about five miles from his new home. The young man had a home on eighty acres. After a month he figured the dog was acclimated to his new home and left the kennel gate open. Once was all it took.
A driver on a fast moped closely followed by a low pickup driving by a couple times should do the trick.

Grandfather used to have a problem with dogs chasing the Harley and would often have my Grandmother follow him with the car, seemed to work.
A friend told me about how once in his neighborhood, a dog got into some DCON rat poison. Just saying,
Fox labs or sabre red should work. Heck bear spray
We have a County Leash Law.

I called Animal Control and they said if on my property just shoot them.

Our County Sheriff also has a Live Stock Officer. There is a law against "worrying of live stock"

Read up on your local laws.

Don't do anything that will get you into trouble.

Do not approach or talk to the dogs owner.

Lots of people have been shot or killed over neighbor's dogs issues.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
285 K home. Deal, where?

Kind of been over that before, its new, 2 story,

Would be way more in other places. Cost of living here is a bargain.

is a single family home that contains 2,180 sq ft and was built in 2019. It contains 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This home last sold for $277,900 in February 2019. The Zestimate for this house is $305,924, which has increased by $1,983 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $995/mo, which has increased by $25/mo in the last 30 days.

YEAR PROPERTY TAXES TAX ASSESSMENT
2019 $1,729

Too new to have a zillow pic or I’d post it.

Edit...i actually did find one. Had to ditch Bing and use the GoogleFu,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I saw another one on Active Self Protection, where the neighbor would sick his dog on the dog he was walking. Second time that happened, the vicious dog got a face full of bear spray. You would be amazed how quickly that dog switched directions. That's what I would use. You Can NOT use lethal force to protect your dog in most jurisdictions. What I do is try to get between my dog and the attacking dog, which gives you the opportunity to say, I was in fear for my life that the dog was attacking me. I've got absolutely no use for mean dogs, and will make their life miserable and the life of the owner.
Terrible!

Wtf is wrong with people?

Sorry about all this Slumlord.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Did not read through all the replies. I would stay away from anything that can be perceived as "animal cruelty". You know how crazy that schit has become in this day and age. No BB's, pellets, poison etc. Go with something that is legal and over the counter. Find something over the counter and get the best and strongest spray labeled for repelling dogs. The neighbor will have a hard time proving animal cruelty that way.

Of course you don't have to stop spraying and empty the can on the offending bastid for grins.

i read ALL the replies, always do

I wish everyone did on other threads

This is mostly just a fun thread, I’m going to take more pics. My best one would be to get one of the dog on our property. It’s been over here, I just havent been quick enough.

I have video of the dogs’ body language and vocalizations too.

I would never do anything like glass or antifreeze. I will take a tobacco stick to it or worse if I’m put into a tight spot.

I could go right now, put my dog on a leash and walk passed that house and create a situation if I wanted to. But I really do not want to kill someone’s dog.

I grew up with a doberman, they are not pit bulls, they are just very defensive and protective of their little corner over there. That being said, if them folks think they need all that in a dog for their property, they need to keep it all contained on their footprint.

If no one has said it yet, use a Bang Stick
Slumlord,

I have OC’d dozens of dogs of all shapes and sizes. It fugks them up something fierce and they will avoid you for a good while afterward depending on the hardness of the dog.

OC is made to be used on animals and people. It’s about the safest way to teach lessons. Legally speaking.

The best approach is to let them give the slightest bit of chase so that their airways are heaving a bit. Then give them a solid hosing. (With the spray)
They are vicious, and they are on a county road outside of the yard in which they belong.

Preface: I am a lover of the K9's.

You can blast 'em with bear spray, beat their ass with a cane, call to popo, ad infinitum. The real problem, as you know, is the people. Doubt you can fix them, but I guess in your shoes I'd have to have a face to face and let them know this is the first, last, and only talk about this - control your dogs, or homey will. When the warning is issued and they don't follow through all roads lead to the dogs gotta go away and not nice like. Tearing into your dog on your property is already 3 strikes your out, IMO.

Yep, that's what I used to use as a youngster on my paper route. Squirt gun full of ammonia, and it was just the household strength. Did the job.

I 2nd this notion. The dogs are like they are because of lack of training which falls squarely on the shoulders of the owner(s). Cheers NC
I haven't read all the responses yet but I bought some pepper spray with orange dye at a gun shop in the Florida panhandle that worked great. If you sprayed orange dye all over that woman's dogs she might figure out a way to keep them on her property. I also carried a Glock for vicious dogs,bears and drug dealers when I was working in rural areas. Another thing that worked great on dogs was one those things that emit a frequency that dogs hate. The one I used was DAZER ll, they may have better ones now. After you use it on a dog one time they won't even bark at you and will run away when they see you. I ran into one dog that was deaf so I just sprayed him.
I got a customer a Sabre Stun gun.She had a dog come at her and she just fired it up and she said the dog turned tail and ran.It is quite loud and a CRACKLING sound is the best way I can describe it. That being said I know it wasn't a Doberman that came at her. The Sabre Stun gun is definitely not one of those sissy ones. I being a man had to try it out.:) I put it on my leg and my brain would not allow me to hold it there very long:) But I concur that bear spray is the way to go. When I worked for the Wisconsin Dept of Corrections we had to get sprayed with pepper spray before we were allowed to carry it on duty. We carried Sabre pepper spray and it sucked but I also did some experimenting with Fox Labs (not on inmates) and I think it is a hotter/better pepper spray.
I had to have a conversation with a neighbor who had a shepard that attacked my well-trained hunting lab while I walked him on a lead. I drove into his yard, laid on the horn, and he came out on his porch in his underwear. I said that if his dog ever attacked me or my dog again that the sound of a gunshot would be his que to come and get his dead dog. Then I went down to the town's police dept and filed a complaint of a loose, vicious dog. The morning of the attack, even tho it was light out, for some reason I grabbed my 4 cell MagLite as I went out the door. That shepard let go of my lab after I gave him a good whack on his head with it. When I told the police that I would shoot the dog if it happened again they told me I have a right to protect myself and my property (my dog). It never happened again. The dog was kept chained up and in less than a year, it was gone.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

You can blast 'em with bear spray, beat their ass with a cane, call to popo, ad infinitum. The real problem, as you know, is the people. Doubt you can fix them, but I guess in your shoes I'd have to have a face to face and let them know this is the first, last, and only talk about this - control your dogs, or homey will. When the warning is issued and they don't follow through all roads lead to the dogs gotta go away and not nice like. Tearing into your dog on your property is already 3 strikes your out, IMO.

My 20 year old son has actually talked to her, he walks a couple miles in the evening. He got bit last year by some other jughead mutt a mile further up on the main highway. She knows, she knows, she apologizes from the door step, she calls em back. Next day, the whole thing starts over.

These are not people that I’m worried about “conflict” with. They don’t come off as belligerent idiots, maybe new to the getting their ass sued game though, maybe new to responsible dog ownership, obviously.

They (the dogs) seem like the sneaky, hiney biting type. They are less than 2 years old. I remember them being taped up on the ears.

She’s got a man, only have ever seen him a couple times in a year or so.

I think he is deployed as active duty, they seem under 30. I’m thinking she’s there by herself and believed they needed some mean ass dogs.

OC’ing dogs absolutely can correct a problem dog.

Again, it depends how hard the dog is. But I have seen it cure dogs permanently.
I will make a note of that deflave. Make them get a good pull inhaled up the snoot.

I could get a chewbacca mask off of one my son’s buds and lure em a little extra further towards my mailboxes. lol
I it were me, I'd start to build a case for animal control, if that is possible. Take pics, file complaints. And if they do come after you or yours violently, you respond accordingly in self-defense. Along that vein, I would have no hesitation carrying pepper spray as I did my mowing, and if that fails, then have something more decisive at hand or nearby.

My 20 year old son has actually talked to her, he walks a couple miles in the evening. He got bit last year by some other jughead mutt a mile further up on the main highway. She knows, she knows, she apologizes from the door step, she calls em back. Next day, the whole thing starts over.

These are not people that I’m worried about “conflict” with. They don’t come off as belligerent idiots, maybe new to the getting their ass sued game though, maybe new to responsible dog ownership, obviously.

They (the dogs) seem like the sneaky, hiney biting type. They are less than 2 years old. I remember them being taped up on the ears.

She’s got a man, only have ever seen him a couple times in a year or so.

I think he is deployed as active duty, they seem under 30. I’m thinking she’s there by herself and believed they needed some mean ass dogs.

Sounds familiar. Hope you get it sorted without too much issue (wish in one hand, s.hit in the other - HA).
The better drama is at the other end of the this little road, guy and girl getting drunk and beating the hell out of each other couple times a month. She took a 2x4 to the garage doors on his workshop. Then crashed her car off into the culvert beside their own driveway trying to leave.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
285 K home. Deal, where?

Kind of been over that before, its new, 2 story,

Would be way more in other places. Cost of living here is a bargain.

is a single family home that contains 2,180 sq ft and was built in 2019. It contains 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This home last sold for $277,900 in February 2019. The Zestimate for this house is $305,924, which has increased by $1,983 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $995/mo, which has increased by $25/mo in the last 30 days.

YEAR PROPERTY TAXES TAX ASSESSMENT
2019 $1,729

Too new to have a zillow pic or I’d post it.

Edit...i actually did find one. Had to ditch Bing and use the GoogleFu,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That would sell for $500k pretty easy here.
The better drama is at the other end of the this little road, guy and girl getting drunk and beating the hell out of each other couple times a month. She took a 2x4 to the garage doors on his workshop. Then crashed her car off into the culvert beside their own driveway trying to leave.

Bet the sex is great!
I "trained" a couple of bitey dogs that thought they owned the street when I had a paper route. I had a couple of homemade medieval style implements that were good head knockers.
I trained a couple of dawgs like that. They're rip-ing over in the quarry.
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
The bear spray is effective. Try substituting wasp and hornet spay. Direct stream. up to 20 ft away, no fog for wind issues. Hit em in the face and mouth. Think about it.

I second the Bear spray idea, that stuff really works. Wasp & Hornet spray can blind them, opening you up to a lawsuit. That bear spray will be an experience they'll not want to repeat. Doberman's aren't dumb.
My dad gassed an ass-hole dog. I watched as the brindled colored mutt kept slamming its head into the sidewalk and grass after eating a muzzle full.

It worked great..On a Pit, I would prefer 147g 9mm

😎
Give the dog a couple of pounds of chocolate.
If they only made OC spray mixed with liquid ass.
In the ten plus years I walked my unleashed heelers through the neighborhood or ran them next to my bike (these dogs stuck so close leashes were redundant) I had occasion to use bear spray eight times. IIRC four pits, two rottweilers, a boxer and a big yellow mutt.

Of course we were charged by loose dogs much more than that, most times I was able to bluff them off by yelling and posture. Many dogs too recognise and fear the motion of picking up a rock to throw.

On the occasions I had to use it the 20-30 ft blast of bear spray turned 'em around every time tho most times I missed, shot too low, in those cases just the blast would startle the dog from fight to flight.

I shot low because of the vertical nature of the bear spray can relative to the perpendicular nozzle, sorta like a handgun would with a 90 degree angle between grip and barrel (like the old Tokarevs), aim above the dog's back to hit it in the face.

The only drawback to bear spray was the cost, I replaced it each time even if I didn't use all six seconds of it, $50 a can.

I dunno if wasp spray would work as well, prob'ly would.
When I was kid, back in those days, dogs around the block would haul ass if they seen you bend down to get a rock.

My old man side armed a piece of gravel bout an inch just a heavy pebble at some snoopy/dalmatian thing in the yard once. Lucky shot, from about 75ft across the yard. Hit the mutt flat in the top of his dome. Sounded like a hollow tupperware cup. 🤣

yipe yipe yipe....he still brags about that
Late to the thread but there is no reason to torture the Dobie’s for the owner’s incompetence. They are generally smart dogs so knock the fk out of them, hit them with ammonia or if they are attacking SSS.
Lead works better.
Whatever ya do DO NOT let 'em get home. My choice is 3" #4 buck.
When I was kid, back in those days, dogs around the block would haul ass if they seen you bend down to get a rock.

My old man side armed a piece of gravel bout an inch just a heavy pebble at some snoopy/dalmatian thing in the yard once. Lucky shot, from about 75ft across the yard. Hit the mutt flat in the top of his dome. Sounded like a hollow tupperware cup. 🤣

yipe yipe yipe....he still brags about that

July 2014, crossing SE Missouri on a bicycle on my way to NY.,,,

Along this rural road an uncharacteristically vicious lab runs out of a yard and rushes me, I got off and was kept at bay, keeping the bike betwen me and the circling and snarling dog.

A guy comes out of the house an calls the dog, no response, he calls again, same thing. He explained that it was his daughter's dog, she was away at college, and the dog did not listen to him.

Finally, in frustration he picks up a softball-sized rock and whips it at the lab, missing its head by mere inches.

The dog stops, looks at the rock, looks at him, looks at the rock again, and brings it back to him grin
Slum, use a little aversive training with a marker ie. while you gas em' with the pepper spray give a loud strong command that will stick in their brains, associating with the trauma they're about to feel as the OC takes affect. The next time you see them out give them the same command and odds are they run for the fort, if not gas them again and repeat. They can take just so much of that stuff. I gassed a rotty many years ago.Took a few seconds to settle in deep but never saw him again after that.
Originally Posted by bkraft
Whatever ya do DO NOT let 'em get home. My choice is 3" #4 buck.

Aguila Sniper Subsonic will shoot through most dogs and is a bit more discrete.
I've heard dogs like grapes.
I'm surprised paintball guns haven't been mentioned....
Or slingshots

KELLLLLLORY!!!!!
Escrima sticks FTW. HIIIIIYA

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ch/true/re-fuggin-pit-bulls#Post14911319
OC spray the fugg,s
Couple days after they are schitting all in the house from exlaxed hot dogs.

If getting OC sprayed in the face from 3 ft away is anything like it is for humans .

It sucks the root big time.

You wanna gouge your eyes out with a spoon to make it end.

Rinsing your face in water just makes it worse.

For about 10 mins you cant do schit.
Except agonize.
You fight to not open your eyes.
Then you get to where you can open em to squint.
Blinking is painful....
Walking and standing in front of a fan seemed to help some

Only time and supposedly rinsing your face with milk helps.
Milk urban legend stuff????

We didnt have any.

After about 20 25 minutes you can start to see fairly decrnt and walk on your own.

45 minutes see fairly normal but you eyes and face still kinda burn.

OC spray would fugg them dogs up.

They wouldnt be able to see schit for awhile and find their way home.

The neighbor would have to come out and get them
Probably somehow get em on a blanket and drag em home.

Hot dog and exlax them fugga,s for a couple staight days.

Make that bytches life a living hell of cleaning up doggy diarrhea thay 1st night at about 2: 43 am....

Lol!!!

The small super soaker with ammonia sounds like a goid option.

Or filled with skunk scent and ammonia.

Its the stupid owner that needs to pay the price and have some strange things happen to her dogs.

Constant skunk spraying em and ex lax hotdogs will make her life hell.....
Originally Posted by renegade50
OC spray the fugg,s
Couple days after they are schitting all in the house from exlaxed hot dogs.

If getting OC sprayed in the face from 3 ft away is anything like it is for humans .

It sucks the root big time.

You wanna gouge your eyes out with a spoon to make it end.

Rinsing your face in water just makes it worse.

For about 10 mins you cant do schit.
Except agonize.
You fight to not open your eyes.
Then you get to where you can open em to squint.
Blinking is painful....
Walking and standing in front of a fan seemed to help some

Only time and supposedly rinsing your face with milk helps.
Milk urban legend stuff????

We didnt have any.

After about 20 25 minutes you can start to see fairly decrnt and walk on your own.

45 minutes see fairly normal but you eyes and face still kinda burn.

OC spray would fugg them dogs up.

They wouldnt be able to see schit for awhile and find their way home.

The neighbor would have to come out and get them
Probably somehow get em on a blanket and drag em home.

Hot dog and exlax them fugga,s for a couple staight days.

Make that bytches life a living hell of cleaning up doggy diarrhea thay 1st night at about 2: 43 am....

Lol!!!

The small super soaker with ammonia sounds like a goid option.

Or filled with skunk scent and ammonia.

Its the stupid owner that needs to pay the price and have some strange things happen to her dogs.

Constant skunk spraying em and ex lax hotdogs will make her life hell.....

Amen.
Having owned dobies in the past Im willing to bet if ya OC them once I doubt you will personally have further trouble with them. Unlike your average POS pit, they are smart dogs and most likely wont bother you anymore. That being said, you mentioned they attacked your dog on your property, that would mean an instant death sentence, in fact ANY aggressive dog on MY property gets shot, simple as that!
I killed a dog just like that some years back. Owners move in with two dobies, let them run the neighborhood, small rural town. Dogs chase and growl at kids, owners refuse to fence dogs in, until one evening, I step out on the porch to get growled at by the dog in my yard. Simple. Back inside, grab the 77/22 with CB shorts in it, one shot to the ribs. Penetrate heart and one lung, allows dog to run home to die on its own porch. Did a weekend in county for it, seems it’s illegal to shoot a dog in your yard, especially when a judge is an animal freak. Weekend in county was worth it. Neighbors had a fence put in the very next week. Probably figured they would lose the other dog if they didn’t. They were right.
What kind of pos lets two Dobermans run loose? Pretty stupid and inconsiderate. Poor dogs pay the price for the owner’s stupidity.
Apologize for the bluntness but if you wont take out the attackers you dont deserve freedom. I would pepper spray each one and the owner if she threatened me and sleep in peace. On my property venti,ate with 000 buckshot then throw on her step. But i value freedom and my rights and you dont.........good luck.
I will make a note of that deflave. Make them get a good pull inhaled up the snoot.

I could get a chewbacca mask off of one my son’s buds and lure em a little extra further towards my mailboxes. lol

What would Dale and Brennan do?

(WWD&BD)
Originally Posted by sollybug
Apologize for the bluntness but if you wont take out the attackers you dont deserve freedom. I would pepper spray each one and the owner if she threatened me and sleep in peace. On my property venti,ate with 000 buckshot then throw on her step. But i value freedom and my rights and you dont.........good luck.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
What kind of pos lets two Dobermans run loose? Pretty stupid and inconsiderate. Poor dogs pay the price for the owner’s stupidity.

It's become more and more common since the notion that dogs are children started to exist.

And every fugking one of them says the same thing:

"They don't bother anybody."
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In the ten plus years I walked my unleashed heelers through the neighborhood or ran them next to my bike (these dogs stuck so close leashes were redundant) I had occasion to use bear spray eight times. IIRC four pits, two rottweilers, a boxer and a big yellow mutt.

Of course we were charged by loose dogs much more than that, most times I was able to bluff them off by yelling and posture. Many dogs too recognise and fear the motion of picking up a rock to throw.

On the occasions I had to use it the 20-30 ft blast of bear spray turned 'em around every time tho most times I missed, shot too low, in those cases just the blast would startle the dog from fight to flight.

I shot low because of the vertical nature of the bear spray can relative to the perpendicular nozzle, sorta like a handgun would with a 90 degree angle between grip and barrel (like the old Tokarevs), aim above the dog's back to hit it in the face.

The only drawback to bear spray was the cost, I replaced it each time even if I didn't use all six seconds of it, $50 a can.

I dunno if wasp spray would work as well, prob'ly would.

Another leash-less wonder...
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I killed a dog just like that some years back. Owners move in with two dobies, let them run the neighborhood, small rural town. Dogs chase and growl at kids, owners refuse to fence dogs in, until one evening, I step out on the porch to get growled at by the dog in my yard. Simple. Back inside, grab the 77/22 with CB shorts in it, one shot to the ribs. Penetrate heart and one lung, allows dog to run home to die on its own porch. Did a weekend in county for it, seems it’s illegal to shoot a dog in your yard, especially when a judge is an animal freak. Weekend in county was worth it. Neighbors had a fence put in the very next week. Probably figured they would lose the other dog if they didn’t. They were right.

All right.

A lot safer than having 000 bouncing down the street and tearing up cars and kids. wink

What were you charged with?

Were you convicted?
Take a couple of tennis balls and spray them and let doggie go fetch.... wear gloves 🧤 of course. They will be gagging and coughing. Do it a couple of times, and they won’t go near you or anyone with a tennis ball.

Best choice is call animal control, sheriff etc... get a lawyer letter written to the dog owner putting her on notice to immediately get control of her animals etc, etc, etc... or you will file suit for damages and file criminal charges blah, blah, blah....

Do a title search on the house and find out if there’s a mortgage and who has the insurance, send them the photos, copies of complaints, and the lawyer letter....

The first step is actually more rewarding and has plausible deniability.....

Shooting the dogs etc... will get you in more trouble unless you have been attacked first....

Originally Posted by 240NMC
Take a couple of tennis balls and spray them and let doggie go fetch.... wear gloves 🧤 of course. They will be gagging and coughing. Do it a couple of times, and they won’t go near you or anyone with a tennis ball.

Best choice is call animal control, sheriff etc... get a lawyer letter written to the dog owner putting her on notice to immediately get control of her animals etc, etc, etc... or you will file suit for damages and file criminal charges blah, blah, blah....

Do a title search on the house and find out if there’s a mortgage and who has the insurance, send them the photos, copies of complaints, and the lawyer letter....

Shooting the dogs etc... will get you in more trouble unless you have been attacked first....

What is the benefit of using a tennis ball?

And how did you get a dog to take an OC covered tennis ball?

lololololol
Originally Posted by deflave

What were you charged with?

Were you convicted?

Kind of thinking the same exact thing myself.

He did say he spent a weekend at County.

Another approach is don't say anything, don't let them know you are the one with evil thoughts about their dogs. Believe me , talking to them won't make a difference, only gives them a heads up you are the neighbor with a problem with their dogs. If they had any neighborly morals or common sense, you wouldn't be having a problem with their dogs now. Not speaking from experience or anything mind you, but a .22lr between the eyes as they are on the road will solve problem and pass as car/dog conflict if they chase cars also.
Originally Posted by Paul_M

This is what my friend did when he had a dog trying to bite him while doing his paper route.
Squirt gun filled with ammonia, squirt him in the face and the dog would fall to the ground rubbing his face in the dirt/grass trying to get it out.
After 3-4 times of that the dog never came near him again.

The LP truck drivers around here use this method. They swear by it, one or two shots and the next time the truck rolls up they run the other way.
Call the county, see what they will do. Here if you let them they set traps on your property and take them to the pound. Make the owner come pay ransom. If you catch your dogs just let them out.
Most times its a people problem and the dogs pay for it.
I like the idea of a Hot Shot. Maybe you can talk to her and recommend her taking the dogs and herself to some dog - obedience classes. A invisible fence works excellent on trainable dogs. Sounds like your caught between a rock and a hard spot.
On what planet is a super soaker filled with ammonia more pragmatic than The Little Man in the Can?

LOL
Originally Posted by arkypete
Some hamburger with crushed glass ,

Sociopath alert...
About 20 years ago I shot a neighbor's vicious dog when it chased my kids up onto our deck and wouldn't back down.

Doing so put a big crimp in our neighborly relationship.

I had previously talked to the neighbor about his dogs chasing my kids in our yard, but he didn't seem to see it as the same problem that I did, so I started calling the sheriff's office to formally complain about the dogs coming into our yard and chasing the kids. One of the deputies had the neighbor and me talk over the problem with the deputy acting as a mediator. He told my neighbor to control his dogs and told both of us that I would be well within my rights to protect my family from the dogs if they were acting aggressively in our yard. I sprayed this dog with an ammonia solution a couple of times and wouldn't have shot it if it hadn't climbed the stairs onto the deck. Climbing onto the deck to get at my kids was going too far, crossing the line, so I called the sheriff's office to report that it was on my deck and shot it when it wouldn't back down. 16 gauge buckshot from a Mossberg bolt gun produced a DRT kill.on the deck and didn't do the decking any good either.

My advise is to talk to the neighbor and if that doesn't work, get your local LEO involved. Don't poison the dogs and don't shot them unless they are well onto your property. Video documentation of their aggressive nature will go a long way to support whatever you do if you end up in court.

Reminds me of a fiesty little farm girl who used to do horse 4-H with my kids. This tiny, petite little gal graduted high school, got married, and turned eighteen. She was with her new husband and her little lap dog, fishing a mountain stream, and she spots a mountain lion getting ready to pounce upon her little mutt.

So, she proceeds to beat the cougar about the head with her fishing pole. The cougar went elsewhere for lunch.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Reminds me of a fiesty little farm girl who used to do horse 4-H with my kids. This tiny, petite little gal graduted high school, got married, and turned eighteen. She was with her new husband and her little lap dog, fishing a mountain stream, and she spots a mountain lion getting ready to pounce upon her little mutt.

So, she proceeds to beat the cougar about the head with her fishing pole. The cougar went elsewhere for lunch.

Feisty & pretty little country girls are not to be trifled with.
High base 6s will do the job to 20 yards without worry of a lot of peripheral damage. 4s if you're really pissed.
There is NO reason to call LEO or anyone for that matter including the owner unless you want problems...JFC

SSS

dogs got smellers
Originally Posted by RDW
There is NO reason to call LEO or anyone for that matter including the owner unless you want problems...JFC

SSS

If you shoot somebody's dog without having gone through an escalation of actions, including documented contact with the owner and the local LEOs, you are likely to be charged with a crime. No proof that the dogs were vicious. No proof that they were on your property. In some places your neighbor is likely to shoot your pets and consider it fair pay back. JMO.
"No proof that they were on your property."

You don't have to be on your own property to defend yourself.
My Sheriff had to tell Selma Hayek that her neighbor was lawful when he shot and killed her dog. Dog was in his garage when he shot it with a pellet rifle.

Prey drive in Dobermans is very high throw the tennis ball and they will go after it and most times bite it and gag like crazy. It does work and high prey drive dogs will move ahead of their smell. The dogs can associate the bad chit like bleach, pepper spray etc.. directly with the human and just act faster the next time.... sort of like getting the first hit in.... next person could be a kid.... they can associate the bad experience with an object and may try to avoid the thing. Kid of the opposite of the clicker trainIng for positive reinforcement.

But then again they are whacked out Dobermans.... And I would never trust them or own one. I’ve had and trained GSDs, Rottweilers, Dutch Shepherds, and a Malinois but have no use for a Doberman.

Unless you’re rural, I would think your City would be able to help. If they don’t, one more check mark in your favor if you have to defend yourself.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by RDW

SSS

If you shoot somebody's dog without having gone through an escalation of actions, including documented contact with the owner and the local LEOs, you are likely to be charged with a crime. No proof that the dogs were vicious. No proof that they were on your property. In some places your neighbor is likely to shoot your pets and consider it fair pay back. JMO.

If done right, nobody but you and the dog knows what really happened or can be proved. And if done right, the dog ain't telling anybody, neither should you. Sometimes, the only real solution to a problem like this is a straight forward approach. The owner in this case will be absolutely of no help in dealing with their dogs that they choose to let run loose and terrorize the neighbors or worse, law enforcement won't be able to help much until it has already gotten really worse. Don't let it get worse, use your head and solve problem now. I'm afraid that RDW has the rather unpleasant solution to this problem detailed in not so many words. Good advice here.
If they care anything about their dogs the owners would keep them up .
I had a neighbor dog like that. He was real trouble. Used to sneak up behind our cars when we pulled up to the mailbox and then lunge at our hands when we reached out the car windows. My wife had to implement a policy where she would drive into the garage. Close the door with the opener from inside the car and then perform a 360 before allowing the kids to open their doors to make sure the dog wasn’t in there with them. He scared the hell out of me several times and had me trapped in my garage or shop on several occasions. The neighbors finally got rid of him. Anyway, one of the great regrets of my Life is NOT bear spraying the crap out of that dog. Spray them, they’ve earned it.
Maybe the dogs just need you to give them some treats so they'll leave you alone. I recommend a big bag of chocolate chips smeared with bacon greese.

Bb
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm surprised paintball guns haven't been mentioned....

Paintball guns with OC. best of both worlds

Prey drive in Dobermans is very high throw the tennis ball and they will go after it and most times bite it and gag like crazy. It does work and high prey drive dogs will move ahead of their smell. The dogs can associate the bad chit like bleach, pepper spray etc.. directly with the human and just act faster the next time.... sort of like getting the first hit in.... next person could be a kid.... they can associate the bad experience with an object and may try to avoid the thing. Kid of the opposite of the clicker trainIng for positive reinforcement.

But then again they are whacked out Dobermans.... And I would never trust them or own one. I’ve had and trained GSDs, Rottweilers, Dutch Shepherds, and a Malinois but have no use for a Doberman.

Unless you’re rural, I would think your City would be able to help. If they don’t, one more check mark in your favor if you have to defend yourself.

Oh.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
My Sheriff had to tell Selma Hayek that her neighbor was lawful when he shot and killed her dog. Dog was in his garage when he shot it with a pellet rifle.

These dogs got after my female lab couple months back. Came onto our property and chomped on my 10 year old dog.

Anyone that walks or jogs or rides a bike or wheeler passed this home, gets a dose of these dobies.

Pics all from different days. $285K home but they can’t put up a fence. Lady that owns them usually finally comes put after a minute or two of barking, in her all-day nightgown and calls for them.

I thought about getting some spray, they get after my wife when she walks every morning. They get after me on the mower when I cut grass out by this hardtop coming into our place.

If you are too stupid to work out how to quietly eliminate biting dogs then you are too stupid to take advice.

Another leash-less wonder...

Depends on the dog, and then the breed, IMHO easier with heelers and herding breeds. I might have run my two heeler mutts more’n 5,000 miles next to my bicycle through the city off leash over the course of their lives. Both eventually died at home of old age

Trick is you start ‘em young, bring them everywhere, off leash where possible, and while they’re learning you walk ‘em at times and places where there’s no one around. If they’ll walk at heel they’ easily translate that to running at heel next to a bicycle. When they ARE on a leash they’ll just translate that to walking at heel, never had a problem with pulling.

OTOH a dog always on a leash generally figures its party time should they get off it.
In some parts of Tennessee those dogs running loose get stolen and used as bait dogs . They would make good sparring partners .
I have a quiet solution. A 330 Belisle body grip trap for about $40. Also buy the setting tool as they are too strong to set by hand. Buy a trapping license and stake it down securely. Put the trigger toward the ground and tie a piece of red raw meat securely. He will be found right there. Whatever you do be careful and do not get your arm in it. The Snare Shop at 712-822-5781 can help you. Chain up your own dog.
Originally Posted by Hastings
I have a quiet solution. A 330 Belisle body grip trap for about $40. Also buy the setting tool as they are too strong to set by hand. Buy a trapping license and stake it down securely. Put the trigger toward the ground and tie a piece of red raw meat securely. He will be found right there. Whatever you do be careful and do not get your arm in it. The Snare Shop at 712-822-5781 can help you. Chain up your own dog.

Uhhh.....dont do that.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Uhhh.....dont do that.

Don’t forget to unset it before the grandkids come over.

OTOH a dog always on a leash generally figures its party time should they get off it.

In humans that's preacher's daughter syndrome. grin
Uhhh.....dont do that.
Why not? The only beef eaters allowed on our place are people and they aren't invited to acquire beef.
Uhhh.....dont do that.
Why not? The only beef eaters allowed on our place are people and they aren't invited to acquire beef.
You are a fuggin idiot. Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap, including his own if he wasn't careful to keep them tied/in the house and god forbid a neighborhood kid sees it and gets curious. I can't believe the amount of stupidity in this whole thread.
[quote]

Not if they’re properly leash broke, they don’t. Then again, most dogs aren’t properly trained for anything and are more a pain in the ass than a useful animal to have around.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap,
Sorry about that, but you have no idea the trouble I've had from killer dogs. And the trouble that I've experienced after complaining to a dog owner about his free ranging dog(s).
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Bear spray ought to do it. Might be fun to watch them learn.

Should be more than sufficient! Heck, we have three containers at hand.

Of course, we have bears too, but frankly I'm much less concerned about them than I would about Dobermans!

Norm
Seems to be against the law here in PA to hose down a dog with bear mace, just read in the paper of someone being charged with doing so. What happen to the owner not being charged with a lease law violation.
Uhhh.....dont do that.

You tag those traps and can explain the by-catch?

Shooting them would be safer I think.
Uhhh.....dont do that.
You are a fuggin idiot. Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap, including his own if he wasn't careful to keep them tied/in the house and god forbid a neighborhood kid sees it and gets curious. I can't believe the amount of stupidity in this whole thread.

Stupidity is your middle name
Have you thought of helping her hire a company to fix/build a fence to keep her dogs contained. After the police talk to her about her vicious dogs have a fence company give her an estimate for a fence.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Uhhh.....dont do that.

Stupidity is your middle name
It's your first, last and middle intial you cowardly piece of shyt sock puppet.
Uhhh.....dont do that.
You tag those traps and can explain the by-catch?
Shooting them would be safer I think.
What I do is legal and stays on my property. Far as I know Louisiana doesn't require tags and I am licensed. There is occasional by-catch of opossum or feral cat both of which are pests. One year 3 dogs lead by a large black 1/4 Pit Bull killed every fawn we had and began harassing the cattle. I spent a whole day with rifle in hand trying to kill "Blackie" to no avail. I decided to deer hunt the last hour of the day and took a stand. Within about a minute a large doe came streaking by and I raised my rifle. That black dog followed by 2 white ones came right behind her so fast they had her in sight and I had not enough time to acquire a target before they went out of sight without the least squeal or barking. Cameras had recorded the night intrusions and the disappearance of the fawns. That night I set a legal trap and "Blackie" was dead the next morning. The next day I caught one of the white ones in a fall door trap. The other white dog was never seen by me again. Yes, shooting is a better way but a Belisle 330 works night and day, 12 noon or 12 midnight makes no difference.
I love dogs. But I will NOT take a biting from a dog. A squirt gun with ~diluted ammonia will work. Dilute it so the dog doesn't go blind.
Dog owners can be idiots. We were inspecting property we own today and a shepard and boxer wuffed at us and ran at us on out own property. I picked up a deadfall in one hand but ended up petting the boxer with the other and both turned out to be friendly at least while facing a 4 inch log. But why the owner standing 30 feet away didnt call them is beyond me. Always have dog weapons in mind.....

THIS
One last war story:
Ranchers do not like loose dogs, especially large dogs which can chase livestock and even kill smaller animals. My neighbor has run cattle on up to 2000 acres and is licensed to buy bulk chemicals for weed control and pest control. This included various serious animal and plant poisons. One day he went to feed cows with calves out south of town and was attacked by a pack of dogs and he shot a couple. He went back to town for ground meat and to his barn for strychnine and than back to his leased pasture to feed the dogs. In less than a week, there were no canine pests left to bother him or his stock.
All legal and logical.
I have had ranchers ask me to shoot any coyotes and dogs I see on their property and even have participated in a sheriff posse effort to clean up feral dog packs in the county where I grew up.
Pets can be nice, but must be controlled.
I've heard that wasp spray works pretty good, just a rumor though. 😁
© 24hourcampfire