Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

My 20 year old son has actually talked to her, he walks a couple miles in the evening. He got bit last year by some other jughead mutt a mile further up on the main highway. She knows, she knows, she apologizes from the door step, she calls em back. Next day, the whole thing starts over.

These are not people that I’m worried about “conflict” with. They don’t come off as belligerent idiots, maybe new to the getting their ass sued game though, maybe new to responsible dog ownership, obviously.

They (the dogs) seem like the sneaky, hiney biting type. They are less than 2 years old. I remember them being taped up on the ears.

She’s got a man, only have ever seen him a couple times in a year or so.

I think he is deployed as active duty, they seem under 30. I’m thinking she’s there by herself and believed they needed some mean ass dogs.

Sounds familiar. Hope you get it sorted without too much issue (wish in one hand, s.hit in the other - HA).

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The better drama is at the other end of the this little road, guy and girl getting drunk and beating the hell out of each other couple times a month. She took a 2x4 to the garage doors on his workshop. Then crashed her car off into the culvert beside their own driveway trying to leave.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
285 K home. Deal, where?

Kind of been over that before, its new, 2 story,

Would be way more in other places. Cost of living here is a bargain.

is a single family home that contains 2,180 sq ft and was built in 2019. It contains 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This home last sold for $277,900 in February 2019. The Zestimate for this house is $305,924, which has increased by $1,983 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $995/mo, which has increased by $25/mo in the last 30 days.

YEAR PROPERTY TAXES TAX ASSESSMENT
2019 $1,729

Too new to have a zillow pic or I’d post it.

Edit...i actually did find one. Had to ditch Bing and use the GoogleFu,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That would sell for $500k pretty easy here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The better drama is at the other end of the this little road, guy and girl getting drunk and beating the hell out of each other couple times a month. She took a 2x4 to the garage doors on his workshop. Then crashed her car off into the culvert beside their own driveway trying to leave.

Bet the sex is great!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
I "trained" a couple of bitey dogs that thought they owned the street when I had a paper route. I had a couple of homemade medieval style implements that were good head knockers.
I trained a couple of dawgs like that. They're rip-ing over in the quarry.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
The bear spray is effective. Try substituting wasp and hornet spay. Direct stream. up to 20 ft away, no fog for wind issues. Hit em in the face and mouth. Think about it.

I second the Bear spray idea, that stuff really works. Wasp & Hornet spray can blind them, opening you up to a lawsuit. That bear spray will be an experience they'll not want to repeat. Doberman's aren't dumb.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad gassed an ass-hole dog. I watched as the brindled colored mutt kept slamming its head into the sidewalk and grass after eating a muzzle full.

It worked great..On a Pit, I would prefer 147g 9mm

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Give the dog a couple of pounds of chocolate.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they only made OC spray mixed with liquid ass.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the ten plus years I walked my unleashed heelers through the neighborhood or ran them next to my bike (these dogs stuck so close leashes were redundant) I had occasion to use bear spray eight times. IIRC four pits, two rottweilers, a boxer and a big yellow mutt.

Of course we were charged by loose dogs much more than that, most times I was able to bluff them off by yelling and posture. Many dogs too recognise and fear the motion of picking up a rock to throw.

On the occasions I had to use it the 20-30 ft blast of bear spray turned 'em around every time tho most times I missed, shot too low, in those cases just the blast would startle the dog from fight to flight.

I shot low because of the vertical nature of the bear spray can relative to the perpendicular nozzle, sorta like a handgun would with a 90 degree angle between grip and barrel (like the old Tokarevs), aim above the dog's back to hit it in the face.

The only drawback to bear spray was the cost, I replaced it each time even if I didn't use all six seconds of it, $50 a can.

I dunno if wasp spray would work as well, prob'ly would.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
When I was kid, back in those days, dogs around the block would haul ass if they seen you bend down to get a rock.

My old man side armed a piece of gravel bout an inch just a heavy pebble at some snoopy/dalmatian thing in the yard once. Lucky shot, from about 75ft across the yard. Hit the mutt flat in the top of his dome. Sounded like a hollow tupperware cup. 🤣

yipe yipe yipe....he still brags about that

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Late to the thread but there is no reason to torture the Dobie’s for the owner’s incompetence. They are generally smart dogs so knock the fk out of them, hit them with ammonia or if they are attacking SSS.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lead works better.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Whatever ya do DO NOT let 'em get home. My choice is 3" #4 buck.

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was kid, back in those days, dogs around the block would haul ass if they seen you bend down to get a rock.

My old man side armed a piece of gravel bout an inch just a heavy pebble at some snoopy/dalmatian thing in the yard once. Lucky shot, from about 75ft across the yard. Hit the mutt flat in the top of his dome. Sounded like a hollow tupperware cup. 🤣

yipe yipe yipe....he still brags about that

July 2014, crossing SE Missouri on a bicycle on my way to NY.,,,

Along this rural road an uncharacteristically vicious lab runs out of a yard and rushes me, I got off and was kept at bay, keeping the bike betwen me and the circling and snarling dog.

A guy comes out of the house an calls the dog, no response, he calls again, same thing. He explained that it was his daughter's dog, she was away at college, and the dog did not listen to him.

Finally, in frustration he picks up a softball-sized rock and whips it at the lab, missing its head by mere inches.

The dog stops, looks at the rock, looks at him, looks at the rock again, and brings it back to him grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Slum, use a little aversive training with a marker ie. while you gas em' with the pepper spray give a loud strong command that will stick in their brains, associating with the trauma they're about to feel as the OC takes affect. The next time you see them out give them the same command and odds are they run for the fort, if not gas them again and repeat. They can take just so much of that stuff. I gassed a rotty many years ago.Took a few seconds to settle in deep but never saw him again after that.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bkraft
Whatever ya do DO NOT let 'em get home. My choice is 3" #4 buck.

Aguila Sniper Subsonic will shoot through most dogs and is a bit more discrete.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard dogs like grapes.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised paintball guns haven't been mentioned....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Or slingshots

KELLLLLLORY!!!!!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 35, 14 invisible), 12,892 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,007
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.