Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
These dogs got after my female lab couple months back. Came onto our property and chomped on my 10 year old dog.

Anyone that walks or jogs or rides a bike or wheeler passed this home, gets a dose of these dobies.

Pics all from different days. $285K home but they can’t put up a fence. Lady that owns them usually finally comes put after a minute or two of barking, in her all-day nightgown and calls for them.

I thought about getting some spray, they get after my wife when she walks every morning. They get after me on the mower when I cut grass out by this hardtop coming into our place.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

If you are too stupid to work out how to quietly eliminate biting dogs then you are too stupid to take advice.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Another leash-less wonder...

Depends on the dog, and then the breed, IMHO easier with heelers and herding breeds. I might have run my two heeler mutts more’n 5,000 miles next to my bicycle through the city off leash over the course of their lives. Both eventually died at home of old age

Trick is you start ‘em young, bring them everywhere, off leash where possible, and while they’re learning you walk ‘em at times and places where there’s no one around. If they’ll walk at heel they’ easily translate that to running at heel next to a bicycle. When they ARE on a leash they’ll just translate that to walking at heel, never had a problem with pulling.

OTOH a dog always on a leash generally figures its party time should they get off it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In some parts of Tennessee those dogs running loose get stolen and used as bait dogs . They would make good sparring partners .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a quiet solution. A 330 Belisle body grip trap for about $40. Also buy the setting tool as they are too strong to set by hand. Buy a trapping license and stake it down securely. Put the trigger toward the ground and tie a piece of red raw meat securely. He will be found right there. Whatever you do be careful and do not get your arm in it. The Snare Shop at 712-822-5781 can help you. Chain up your own dog.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I have a quiet solution. A 330 Belisle body grip trap for about $40. Also buy the setting tool as they are too strong to set by hand. Buy a trapping license and stake it down securely. Put the trigger toward the ground and tie a piece of red raw meat securely. He will be found right there. Whatever you do be careful and do not get your arm in it. The Snare Shop at 712-822-5781 can help you. Chain up your own dog.

Uhhh.....dont do that.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Uhhh.....dont do that.

Don’t forget to unset it before the grandkids come over.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

OTOH a dog always on a leash generally figures its party time should they get off it.

In humans that's preacher's daughter syndrome. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Uhhh.....dont do that.
Why not? The only beef eaters allowed on our place are people and they aren't invited to acquire beef.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Uhhh.....dont do that.
Why not? The only beef eaters allowed on our place are people and they aren't invited to acquire beef.
You are a fuggin idiot. Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap, including his own if he wasn't careful to keep them tied/in the house and god forbid a neighborhood kid sees it and gets curious. I can't believe the amount of stupidity in this whole thread.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[quote]

Not if they’re properly leash broke, they don’t. Then again, most dogs aren’t properly trained for anything and are more a pain in the ass than a useful animal to have around.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap,
Sorry about that, but you have no idea the trouble I've had from killer dogs. And the trouble that I've experienced after complaining to a dog owner about his free ranging dog(s).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Bear spray ought to do it. Might be fun to watch them learn.

Should be more than sufficient! Heck, we have three containers at hand.

Of course, we have bears too, but frankly I'm much less concerned about them than I would about Dobermans!

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seems to be against the law here in PA to hose down a dog with bear mace, just read in the paper of someone being charged with doing so. What happen to the owner not being charged with a lease law violation.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Uhhh.....dont do that.

You tag those traps and can explain the by-catch?

Shooting them would be safer I think.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Uhhh.....dont do that.
You are a fuggin idiot. Any dog in the vicinity could be killed by that trap, including his own if he wasn't careful to keep them tied/in the house and god forbid a neighborhood kid sees it and gets curious. I can't believe the amount of stupidity in this whole thread.

Stupidity is your middle name

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you thought of helping her hire a company to fix/build a fence to keep her dogs contained. After the police talk to her about her vicious dogs have a fence company give her an estimate for a fence.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Uhhh.....dont do that.

Stupidity is your middle name
It's your first, last and middle intial you cowardly piece of shyt sock puppet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Uhhh.....dont do that.
You tag those traps and can explain the by-catch?
Shooting them would be safer I think.
What I do is legal and stays on my property. Far as I know Louisiana doesn't require tags and I am licensed. There is occasional by-catch of opossum or feral cat both of which are pests. One year 3 dogs lead by a large black 1/4 Pit Bull killed every fawn we had and began harassing the cattle. I spent a whole day with rifle in hand trying to kill "Blackie" to no avail. I decided to deer hunt the last hour of the day and took a stand. Within about a minute a large doe came streaking by and I raised my rifle. That black dog followed by 2 white ones came right behind her so fast they had her in sight and I had not enough time to acquire a target before they went out of sight without the least squeal or barking. Cameras had recorded the night intrusions and the disappearance of the fawns. That night I set a legal trap and "Blackie" was dead the next morning. The next day I caught one of the white ones in a fall door trap. The other white dog was never seen by me again. Yes, shooting is a better way but a Belisle 330 works night and day, 12 noon or 12 midnight makes no difference.

MWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love dogs. But I will NOT take a biting from a dog. A squirt gun with ~diluted ammonia will work. Dilute it so the dog doesn't go blind.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dog owners can be idiots. We were inspecting property we own today and a shepard and boxer wuffed at us and ran at us on out own property. I picked up a deadfall in one hand but ended up petting the boxer with the other and both turned out to be friendly at least while facing a 4 inch log. But why the owner standing 30 feet away didnt call them is beyond me. Always have dog weapons in mind.....

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 8 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.