Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Every package ive shipped has been taped identically. Call me a liar if you must, thats doesnt make it true. Counselor, why dont you let these good people of the court know what my legal obligation was under our contract? Being such an intelligent individual, why did you DECLINE full value insurance? Yeah, im the penny pincher!🙄

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Is this not really as simple as you sold a product, it’s incumbent on you to make sure it is delivered? Whatever the reason, the bottom line is the product you sold was not delivered. It’s up to you to make that situation right, it’s not that complicated.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
enjoy the money you got for something you didn't deliver, that is the net worth of your reputation

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Its up to me to make it right to the value agreed to by the involved parties. By declining full value insurance, it was agreed to that the contents would be "covered" up to $50. That money has already been refunded. If insurance had never been discussed, id feel differently. Not only is the insurance discussed in the PM's, its also in the "for sale" ad. Nobody can make claim that they didnt know what my intentions were!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You just don’t get it. Lots of people have tried leading you to water.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ive had bulk boxes of bullets arrive where it was difficult to find the corners. The cardboard box was mush, but due to the seller’s excellent wrapping job, nothing was lost. It had at least 3 layers of packing tape completely and securely wrapped around the entire box. It was cocooned.
Inside the bullets were in ziplock bags wrapped up in packing tape and the box was stuffed with newspapers and plastic shopping bags.

I complimented the seller about his awesome packing job, and he related that due to having to refund a buyers money when an empty split box made it to the buyers house, he decided to overwrap everything.

Something Willicd should learn after refunding Killertraylors money.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MontanaDice
I have found that if you put bullets, boxed or not in a heavy zip-lock bag and then wrap it in packing tape before it goes in the shipping box there will be no problems.

^^^^ +1 and add bubble wrap or packing peanuts with lots of GOOD packing tape to reinforce the box . As the shipper , spend the extra .25 cents applying the shipping tape . To rely on the box adhesive is downright foolish especially when shipping anything that has mass/weight .

Originally Posted by geedubya
I always buy insurance to cover my loss as part of my shipping expense. I see that as my responsibility.

^^^^ +1 .... Exactly .
Guys who think they are getting a deal on 70 pounds of bullets shipped for flat rate $8 . Smarten up , loosen up the wallet and spend the extra to have the WHOLE PURCHASE AMOUNT insured . I don’t understand folks who step over a dollar bill to pick up a dime .

To me , (who has made several transactions here , buying and selling ) it doesn't matter who's responsibility it is to pony-up the replacement money/product when packages are lost/destroyed/missing . Be smart if you are the purchaser and spend the money for extra insurance .

Some guys think by default that the seller/shipper is responsible for full replacement/refund if the shipment gets lost or destroyed . Unless gross negligence is clearly evident , I feel it is the buyers responsibility to fully insure their purchases for shipment . Clearly I am not Amazon , Walmart , etc and you shouldn’t be surprised I don’t have a customer service department to handle your claim . This is basically a flea-market and yard/garage sale and should be handled as such .

Perhaps you’ve heard the saying : caveat emptor .

Originally Posted by witdog2020
I personally just flat make the deal insured. Especially on something over $100.

Ding , ding , ding ... Winner ^^^^

If you don't spend the extra money on added insurance , you will surely be spending it on Advil .

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Every package ive shipped has been taped identically. Call me a liar if you must, thats doesnt make it true. Counselor, why dont you let these good people of the court know what my legal obligation was under our contract? Being such an intelligent individual, why did you DECLINE full value insurance? Yeah, im the penny pincher!🙄

Chuck Williams - you're not State Farm. Insurance companies do the exact minimum amount required under their contract with their insured. Which is exactly what you are doing so that you don't lose a dime. You have no remorse whatsoever that I'm out $350 and didn't receive anything from you and that it possibly could be because of your inadequate packing job. This is a transaction on the fire. The shipper has an obligation to package stuff well enough to get to its location, pure and simple. Hiding behind your offer of insurance is not what honorable people do. You've been told that 100 times here on both threads and it's clear you don't understand that. Until you do, you'll be blackballed here. You've shown your true colors through and through in your posts here and obviously it doesn't bother you one bit to [bleep] someone.

Last edited by Killertraylor; 03/08/21.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sucks to see this. I learned my lesson buying on forums. I ONLY pay with a method that accepts CC funding on my end. My CC will dispute the funds immediately and refund me in this type of situation.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
“Nobody can make claim that they didnt know what my intentions were!”

Well, after all your non-learning blustering, I believe everyone knows what your intentions are.
Ignore is made for this.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RJL53
Ive refunded what im going to period.

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

And shipped ammo via USPS? eek

IT WASNT AMMUNITION. Thats twice now, and this just solidifies my position that people on the net just cant stand to not be involved even when they dont have a clue as to what is going on!

Hey genius. You posted all of the PMs of your conversation. We all know what’s going on... Now

Hey genius.....where in the PM's does it indicate this was ammunition? I told KT up front the package would be insured for $50 and extra insurance was on him. He declined. Get in a car wreck and demand more coverage from your carrier after the fact. How will that play out......GENIUS???

Hey genius. Show me where I said anything about ammunition in my post? Oh that’s right I didn’t. I was referring to the PMs you posted.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

IT WASNT AMMUNITION. Thats twice now, and this just solidifies my position that people on the net just cant stand to not be involved even when they dont have a clue as to what is going on!

Hey genius. You posted all of the PMs of your conversation. We all know what’s going on... Now

Hey genius.....where in the PM's does it indicate this was ammunition? I told KT up front the package would be insured for $50 and extra insurance was on him. He declined. Get in a car wreck and demand more coverage from your carrier after the fact. How will that play out......GENIUS???

Hey genius. Show me where I said anything about ammunition in my post? Oh that’s right I didn’t. I was referring to the PMs you posted.

Where in the PM's does it indicate this was ammunition?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From USPS, for those who can still sell stuff here.

Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage Desired
$0.01 - $50.00 $2.30
50.01 - 100.00 $2.95
100.01 - 200.00. $3.60
200.01 - 300.00 4.75
300.01 - 400.00 6.00
400.01 - 500.00 7.20
500.01 - 600.00 9.70
600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000) $9.70 plus $1.45 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
For something of that much value, I take out the insurance even if the buyer didn't request/pay for it. Why? Because if the horny handed postal workers manage to destroy the package/contents, or lose it, I'm going to make sure the buyer isn't out anything. And if I pay full restitution then I have a fighting chance of reimbursement from the PO via an insurance claim.

It's only a few bucks, why wouldn't I get it if for no other reason than to cover my own ass if I pay out of my pocket to keep my integrity intact? To me it's a no-brainer. Frankly, I factor in a bit for insurance when I quote a price.

And that's aside from packaging the hell out of stuff to make it immune from the PO's ministrations.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I CANT STAND THE GANG MENTALITY THAT IS SO PREVALENT ON THE WWW THESE DAYS. IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED, EVERYONE OF YOU WOULD BE ON THE OTHER SIDE. IF SOMEONE CANT UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE CONCEPT OF DECLINING INSURANCE COVERAGE BY THE BUYER, I CANT MAKE IT ANYMORE CLEAR. IVE ALREADY REQUESTED TO BE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING BUSINESS HERE IN THE FUTURE. IT WILL BE FACE TO FACE AND HAND TO HAND FROM NOW ON.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

Where in the PM's does it indicate this was ammunition?

You don’t read so good do you? I’m not the one who brought up ammunition genius...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I CANT STAND THE GANG MENTALITY THAT IS SO PREVALENT ON THE WWW THESE DAYS. IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED, EVERYONE OF YOU WOULD BE ON THE OTHER SIDE. IF SOMEONE CANT UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE CONCEPT OF DECLINING INSURANCE COVERAGE BY THE BUYER, I CANT MAKE IT ANYMORE CLEAR. IVE ALREADY REQUESTED TO BE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING BUSINESS HERE IN THE FUTURE. IT WILL BE FACE TO FACE AND HAND TO HAND FROM NOW ON.

Good riddance you piece of crap!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Good. The only reason you're on here is to sell and buy anyway.

Trust me, no one cares....

You're in the wrong. Justify it in your mind all you want.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Bye Bitch

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I think this will go 15 pages plus!

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,453 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.