Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
K
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Who here puts their sunglasses on their hat when they aren't wearing them on their eyes?

Follow up question, why are some more expensive than others?

Personally I use polarized cheapo ones and they stay with my ball cap. When I go indoors they ride on the brim unless I take it off, then they go in the dome.

I buy Coyote brand off Amazon, they have built in readers. Usually find them for $30-50.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My friend puts his glasses on his hat with a lanyard attached that looks like a piece of wire . While fishing in some cypress trees a branch catches the lanyard and slingshots his Ray Bans 30 feet into the lake . I think he bought a floating lanyard after that happened .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If in the rare instances I want sunglasses, either hunting or fishing, I wear them. Even rarer for me to wear a hat. Really never think of sunglasses for everyday doings. Cookie has the tint with exposure version. I'm a control freak and have a dedicated polarized version.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/09/21.

1Minute
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gilbert/Joe Cool.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If it's daylight in am wearing them on my mug,otherwise they are on my hat or the back of my head if I am not wearing a hat.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Prescription Ray-Bans are what I have, I'm not chancing them falling off, getting scratched up, bending, etc. Sunglasses come off, regular glasses go on, both in and out of a hard case. Sucks being blind.

This^

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I let mine ride the bill of my cap so they'll be handy and I won't set them down somewhere and lose them. The problem is that if I'm indoors for an extended period, I forget that they are up there. The wife enjoys watching me wander about the house looking for them...she'll let me do that for twenty minutes or so before saying anything.

Wow my wife went to the same school yours did. Have you ever heard "If you had put it up yourself you would know where it is"? My wife is awesome at housekeeping and she loves to put my stuff I leave laying out in places no normal man would look. So I end up searching until she offers "What are you looking for" which leads to the above comment and then the location of the object itself. I keep my sunglasses hooked into my tee shirt collar generally.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Chums

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UV blocking helps prevent cataracts. After cataract surgery, most people need them as their eyes are more affected by bright light.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I do it all the time. I put my readers in my shirt collar or a pocket on a shirt. I wear #m Moon Dawg safety glasses all the time. I took a straight shot to the eye with a metal d-ring from a small tie down. No harm, no foul. I had a pair of Maui Jim tinted readers. Great glasses but I lost them within a couple weeks. Actually, they were stolen. I left them on a table in a restaurant, got to my car and went back in to get them and they were gone. It seems the more I spend on glasses or watches, the faster I seem to lose or damage them.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Grandson Jack don’t go nowhere without shades.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DaveR
Used to do it a lot, until the 2nd time I scratched lenses on an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses when I forgot they were up there and they slid off when I bent over, or fell off when I took the hat off. Now they hang off the neck of the t-shirt, or into a pocket of a shirt when not worn. When fishing, they get the lanyard treatment.

Plus it stretches the temple hinges/springs.

I have taken to putting them on the back of my neck because even hanging them on the shirt drops them if you bend past 90 degrees.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
why are some more expensive than others?

Why are some anything more expensive than others?

I strongly suggest everyone buy Roka sunglasses. They look good and stay in place well even when one is inverted. Also they sponsor me, which gives you all an opportunity to help me indirectly.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I wear ballistic eye pro at work and am a staunch believer as they have saved my vision. Problem is that my eye sight has begun to deteriorate and I'm gong to have to bite the bullet eventually and get prescription lenses. Anyone know a brand that doesn't charge a bo-jillion dollars for prescription ballistic eye protection?

Never did like the way glasses felt on top of my head or hat by the way.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I clip my clip-on's to the back of my cap or the back brim of my straw hat, keeps them out of the way.

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
My Costas are on lanyards.

My grandma used those gold chain lanyards.

Dave

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would love to find this style from the 80's laugh

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Borchardt
Chums

. . . or Croakies

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who here puts their sunglasses on their hat when they aren't wearing them on their eyes?

6.5 Creedmoor guys.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I drive a desk and oversee a cube-farm for a living. Pretty professional gig, but not an office where you have to wear a suit every day (business casual they call it). So...no ball caps at work for me. I use the cable type lanyards to keep up with my sunglasses. Works great.

Not a fan of putting them on my head or hat. I did when I was younger, but as some one mentioned, it does stretch / open up the frames and hinges a bit. Also, a few years ago, I had my sunglasses on the bill of my hat and looked down at an untied shoe lace. My sunglasses fell straight down onto the pavement and cracked the right lens....that was my first pair of Costa sunglasses and my 20yr old heart sank mightily. Thus began my affair with lanyards.

On the weekends, I am usually working in the yard or fishing offshore during the warm months. In each case, I stick with the lanyard on my sunglasses...even when I have a buff pulled up for sun protection. I just pull it up over the cable lanyard and it works fine.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,430
Posts18,507,540
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.