Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have no issues with a large victory lap for Rush. I have been enjoying the commentary.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
16Bore: Maybe you would prefer listening to n.p.r.?
I enjoy listening to the "guest hosts" opinions and observations AND the clips of Rush's previous shows.
I'll stick with them until something better comes along.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I just don't like them using Rush's old commercials to sell stuff as if he were still here. Other than that, I get it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In my opinion, Paul Harvey and Rush were among the best and most identifiable radio personalities in history. Any who try to replace will fail if they try to copy them and aren't perceived as genuine and unique. I have faith someone will step up and fill the void. Some who have podcasts and Youtube channels could emerge.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rte
They're replaying his comments,which are still prescient today as they were when he originally made them.

Get over your little selves.lol

Exactly. I see a market for this with new listeners. He predicted a lot of things that happened. Let listeners here him. You don’t like the plan. GFY! Turn it off

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 16bore
Not sure about you guys, but it’s already gotten old. Rush said this Rush said that, here’s a clip of Rush.

He’s gone. Move on.

I’d much rather listen to his archived show than anything new you’ll ever spew out of your piehole.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As long as it's not Stein, I'm happy.

I think they are giving his usual stand ins a long slot so EIB can check ratings. Kind of like auditions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
16Bore: Maybe you would prefer listening to n.p.r.?
I enjoy listening to the "guest hosts" opinions and observations AND the clips of Rush's previous shows.
I'll stick with them until something better comes along.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, Don't be holding your breath in the meantime.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
Not sure about you guys, but it’s already gotten old. Rush said this Rush said that, here’s a clip of Rush.

He’s gone. Move on.

I'am sure there are contract obligations to advertisers so there won't be any moving on till that is addressed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are probably working to keep a contract valid while they figure out what to do next.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
They are probably working to keep a contract valid while they figure out what to do next.

Doesn't a contract 'die' once one of the parties to the contract actually dies?? That's always been my understanding. Unless Rush made legal arrangements before his demise.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by reivertom

Doesn't a contract 'die' once one of the parties to the contract actually dies?? That's always been my understanding. Unless Rush made legal arrangements before his demise.

Too bad we ran all of the lawyers off the Campfire or SteveNo or 284Rem etc could tell us.

I suppose it depends on whether the contract is with Rush Limbaugh, or EIB

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure they were smart, and I'm sure they made contracts through EIB. EIB is still keeping that 3 hour slot.

I'm sure it's been worked on for a while now since rush knew his cancer was fatal.

Now they just got to find someone to fill the slot that hopefully will keep the listeners.

I actually liked that brett guy from NC. Rush's old call screener.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We can all be replaced, and will be. Rush Limbaugh, not so easy.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You beat me to it hatari

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
If you don't like to listen to it just change the channel. Done.

bingo

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If figured Walton and Johnson was done when one of em died.

Gotta adapt.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by rte
They're replaying his comments,which are still prescient today as they were when he originally made them.

Exactly. I see a market for this with new listeners. He predicted a lot of things that happened. Let listeners here him. You don’t like the plan. GFY! Turn it off

I like Rush. I have been listening since 1990, when I heard him on am 640 in Atlanta.
I listen to a lot of talk radio. I am good at changing stations, or else, turning the radio off.

I don't need any condescending remarks about how I need to turn the radio off. Every day for the past week I turn on the Rush show on am 570, and hope that a new host will be on the air.
They start playing a Rush clip from 21 years ago I turn it off. He is gone and it is time for life to move on and find a replacement. Some day, hopefully soon, this will happen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rte

There is plenty that is relevant and that I haven't heard before. So for me, it is good stuff.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by rte

There is plenty that is relevant and that I haven't heard before. So for me, it is good stuff.

Norm

I agree, mostly.

But EIB needs to start looking at what they are going to do. If they keep on the same road, lots of that will be outdated shortly.

People are more than a little concerned with what's happening currently.

I don't know what they are going to do, or who they will get to do it, but it's gotta happen.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing Trump sit in for awhile. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.