Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Anyone have any experience with Tyler Mfg. Co. of Newalla, Oklahoma (Oklahoma City area)? I ordered a "T-Grip" for my revolver on 18 November by mail. My check cleared my bank on 30 November. Per instructions from their website, I sent them a text message inquiry 15 December after hearing nothing. Note that there is no provision for contacting them through their website. I received no response. I again on 27 February sent them another text message of inquiry. In both text messages I was careful to properly identify myself and the gun model, etc. If they are way behind on orders, that's fine. I would like to know if it has been lost in shipment or what is going on. My impression is that they are a well established company. Anyone have any info about them? Sure beginning to look like I've been ripped off!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I put in an order, prepared to wait a "while" - then received my order in ~2 weeks, or just a little more.
VERY satisfied customer.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the link to BK grips. I'd never felt a Tyler T or any other adapter until yesterday when I handled a fellow's Model 19 so equipped at the range. I like'em.

Just ordered a BK black adapter for a J-frame Model 35-1 I picked up a few weeks ago. Quick and easy to order, hope to see them here soon.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a BK on a 12-3, really helps control.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BK grip arrived in the mail this afternoon, four days after ordering it.

To be objective it's not as hand filling as the Pachmayr Compac I had on this Model 35-1 but then it's definitely not fugly like that bulbous black rubber grip on this blued handgun. I like it, it fills the hand well enough and positions the trigger finger properly, something the original tiny grip doesn't quite accomplish. It also maintains the small and lightweight qualities of the revolver which is why I bought it in the first place.

[Linked Image]

Early 70's vintage Buck Stockman next to this early 70's vintage revolver.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The BK grip arrived in the mail this afternoon, four days after ordering it.

To be objective it's not as hand filling as the Pachmayr Compac I had on this Model 35-1 but then it's definitely not fugly like that bulbous black rubber grip on this blued handgun. I like it, it fills the hand well enough and positions the trigger finger properly, something the original tiny grip doesn't quite accomplish. It also maintains the small and lightweight qualities of the revolver which is why I bought it in the first place.

[Linked Image]

Early 70's vintage Buck Stockman next to this early 70's vintage revolver.

[Linked Image]

NICE revolver there, Jim!
Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread cheered me up , but not as much as my Tgrip arriving 13 months after I ordered it.

Life is life and fun is fun but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.
Bror Blixen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see the T-Grip as a great solution for the guy who wants to maintain that classic look, but needs a little more to hold onto. My OMT (bottom) feels WAY better in my hands with the T-grip.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jeff270
This thread cheered me up , but not as much as my Tgrip arriving 13 months after I ordered it.

I have just chalked it up as a ripoff. They repeatedly refuse to answer polite and reasonable inquiries. It is as if they took my check to their bank then disappeared. In 12 or 13 months, they may go out of business or die. Or, I may sell the gun it was bought for, move, or maybe die. If I had any idea they had that kind of reputation, I would NEVER have sent them any money. No wonder they do not take credit cards. If they did almost everyone would cancel the transaction months before they would ever hear from them.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear it Henry. Anyone clicking into this on a search should read these-

https://www.bbb.org/us/ok/newalla/p...distribution-co-0995-90018248/complaints

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.