Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Stories. From the same media you call fake and we all ignore. Learn anything from that?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Stories. From the same media you call fake and we all ignore. Learn anything from that?

Stories from a Courtroom with the victims and defendants present!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The owner of the dog should have full financial responsibility .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by David_Walter
It's the owners, not the breed.
It's both.

Yup! It's both.

100%

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wait! What!? Roger's rescued dog bit him?

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Before we indict the dog, don't you think we should ask the tough questions like was the kid screaming, poking the dog in the eye, pulling its tail or otherwise provoking it?

WTF! Wish you the best of luck telling that BS story to the Judge and jury in a huge libel law suit. Fork over your home and money before you start. A KID IS DEAD!

Last edited by Switch; 03/17/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Insurance Institute says labs are number one biters. Basically because there are 40 million of them lol

Labs may be the #1 biters, but I'll bet pitbulls and pitbull mixes are the #1 killers.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Before we indict the dog, don't you think we should ask the tough questions like was the kid screaming, poking the dog in the eye, pulling its tail or otherwise provoking it?

Bullshit...a kid could do all of the above to my dog, 100 times over, and she wouldn't kill them, neither would 99+% of other dogs.

Pitbulls used to be my favorite breed. Past experiences of unprovoked attacks on my dog and others I know have made them probably my least. Say it's the owner all you want, but the owner ultimately isn't the one mauling people and other things to death. Granted, it's a high drive breed that when owned and handled by idiots makes matters worse, but regardless, it's still the one doing the killing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 1965 I was ripped into hamburger by a pit bull that wandered into my backyard and attacked my 5 year old little brother.

The solution should be to kill the dogs and hold the owners responsible in criminal court and civil court.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Switch

WTF! Wish you the best of luck telling that BS story to the Judge and jury in a huge libel law suit. Fork over your home and money before you start. A KID IS DEAD!

Reminds me of the lady that kept a [bleep] [bleep] (I guess chim-pan-zee is now a bad word?) as a pet. One day he decides to rip her friend's face off, maiming and blinding her. A cop came and shot the damn thing. Owner was crying during an interview saying she loved her [bleep] (and ch-imp too, I guess) so much, she would do it all over again. Yes, total [bleep] idiot nut case, owner. But in the end, it was still a ch-imp being a chi-mp, not the owner, that maimed the woman.

Last edited by Thegman; 03/17/21. Reason: Because chi-mp is apparently a bad word...WTF
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
The owner of the dog should have full financial responsibility .
That's a problem. They are broke asses with no insurance most times.
They're a great breed for dog fighting . Anybody enjoy a good dog fight ?
They are catch and kill dogs. It is bred into them. Now a bunch of them are mental cases due to inbreeding. Now they are crazy killers in lots of cases and just like humans they can turn crazy unexpectedly.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just dig a hole on your property to put the dogs in you find in your property. Pit bulls are number 1 shoot on site....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh he was such a nice dog,,,,, until he wasn't

Read the stats,..

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2020.php

As has been said it's the breed and some owners make it worse

Top 10 Most Fatal Dog Breeds Table

Breed Deaths % of Total

Pit bull 284 65.6%
Rottweiler 45 10.4%
German shepherd 20 4.6%
Mixed-breed 17 3.9%
American bulldog 15 3.5%
Mastiff/Bullmastiff 14 3.2%
Husky 13 3.0%
Unknown/unreleased 11 2.5%
Labrador retriever 9 2.1%
Boxer 7 1.6%

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Pits are like every other Dog breed, when well trained they are harmless to non threat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's way past time to act like pit type dogs aren't dangerous. The suggestion that they are not is pure stupidity.

More dangerous than other breeds? The evidence has born that fact for decades. It's no longer a question.

It doesn't mean every pit is a worthless killer. It does mean that far too many own dangerous dogs and can't muster the responsibility that it demands.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It's way past time to act like pit type dogs aren't dangerous. The suggestion that they are not is pure stupidity.

More dangerous than other breeds? The evidence has born that fact for decades. It's no longer a question.

It doesn't mean every pit is a worthless killer. It does mean that far too many own dangerous dogs and can't muster the responsibility that it demands.

Not true, They are very intelligent breed and if you think of them little kids, You would see reason that it all depends on how well and good they are trained.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lee_Owens
I’ve never heard of a Labrador Retriever mauling anyone.

Now you have.

Now you have twice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Lee_Owens
I’ve never heard of a Labrador Retriever mauling anyone.

Now you have.
Now you have twice.
It can happen that a Labrador can be vicious but it is very unusual. It can be expected and very likely with a Pit Bull a high percentage of the time and they can go off their rocker after being a "good" dog for quite a while. A young child that they aren't familiar with could set them off. As I said earlier a bunch of them suffer the mental ills attendant with being inbred.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/18/21.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by Switch

Reminds me of the lady that kept a [bleep] [bleep] (I guess chim-pan-zee is now a bad word?) as a pet. One day he decides to rip her friend's face off, maiming and blinding her. A cop came and shot the damn thing. Owner was crying during an interview saying she loved her [bleep] (and ch-imp too, I guess) so much, she would do it all over again. Yes, total [bleep] idiot nut case, owner. But in the end, it was still a ch-imp being a chi-mp, not the owner, that maimed the woman.

What in the world got bleeped out?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're a great breed for dog fighting . Anybody enjoy a good dog fight ?

When I get the hackering for one I just go over to the optics forum and mention Leupolds.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 47 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,696
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.