Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by shaman
Back in the early 90's, I took Wife 1.0 (Satan) to the Keys. She wanted to go play with the dolphins. There was a place in Key Largo.

For whatever reason, the dolphins gave me an exceedingly wide berth. I must have had the "NO FUN" sticker on my back.

However, there was entertainment to be had. There was a 13 yr old girl that must have been menstruating. She got in the pool and the male dolphin (named Rocky) would not leave her alone. He came up and hooked her around her legs with his prehensile penis and kept dragging her away from the ladder. It took some doing to get the poor girl extricated from the mess. She came out of the water quite hysterical. Yikes! I thought he was going to drown her.

Was it just joe biden in a dolphin suit?

13 is a little old for Joe, doncha think?

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You’re gonna get raped. Dolphins are noted horn dogs.

Truth!

They're kinda rape-y. Apparently also carry std's like warts.

Were they hard to get rid of. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by shaman
Back in the early 90's, I took Wife 1.0 (Satan) to the Keys. She wanted to go play with the dolphins. There was a place in Key Largo.

For whatever reason, the dolphins gave me an exceedingly wide berth. I must have had the "NO FUN" sticker on my back.

However, there was entertainment to be had. There was a 13 yr old girl that must have been menstruating. She got in the pool and the male dolphin (named Rocky) would not leave her alone. He came up and hooked her around her legs with his prehensile penis and kept dragging her away from the ladder. It took some doing to get the poor girl extricated from the mess. She came out of the water quite hysterical. Yikes! I thought he was going to drown her.

Was it just joe biden in a dolphin suit?

13 is a little old for Joe, doncha think?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Daughter will be a senior this coming school year.

She decided to ask for a grad gift for us to all go on a family vacation which we haven't done in probably 10 years. The one caveat is that she wants to swim with dolphins.

I know I have seen some advertisements over the years for the "swim with dolphins" experiences. Don't recall where except for maybe Sea World.

Anyone here ever do it? Suggestions where the experience was good? Places to avoid? I believe a friend of hers just came back from Puerto Rico where they has the opportunity and this is what got her to thinking.

We did it at a place in Orlando. My son loved it.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Discovery Cove.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We’ve not done the swim with dolphins adventure but we did stay at (or next to) a resort that offered it in Kona. I’m not sure what areas you’re interested in but Hawaii is accessible during this Kung Flu debacle, albeit with a few hoops to jump through. My wife just told me that she thinks it’s the Hilton Waikaloa. A co-worker went there and said it was one of her family’s favorite vacation. There are a lot of things to do around the resort which eliminates or reduces the need for a rental car and gives you various restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

Congratulations to your daughter and to mom and dad....the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new and exciting chapter. 👍

https://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/resort-experiences/dolphin-quest

You want a vehicle on the big island.

My condo is on Alii Drive just south of "downtown" Kona

Golf at Waikoloa Village. Both courses.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can "swim with the dolphins" pretty much anywhere on the Gulf coast, it just depends how commercialized you want. Look at Chrystal River, Florida. She can swim with the dolphins AND manatees. Surprise her.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We did the swim with dolphins a couple of days ago in Cobo. It was fun, we got a bunch of photos.
We went with these guys. https://www.cabo-adventures.com/en/

Jamie

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You can "swim with the dolphins" pretty much anywhere on the Gulf coast, it just depends how commercialized you want. Look at Chrystal River, Florida. She can swim with the dolphins AND manatees. Surprise her.

They have manatees at CiCi’s pizza

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just to lend another oddball perspective, during one of my many conversations with my wife's grandma (Japanese and 90 this year) asking her about her experiences as a young gal growing up during WWII, I asked her about food shortages and the like and asked about what kinds of things were available to her and the kids at her rural school. She said that it was pretty horrible and amongst many daily hardships, she and all the kids dreaded the 'main course' of many school lunches. Intrigued, I pressed her for details.

'Well, mostly we were given rice and seaweed products and things like pickled vegetables and tofu and dried fish. Sometimes we got bread which was good, but most often the non plant-based protein came in the form of bony, poor quality fish, often half-off. No meat to speak of was given, except a couple times a month they got something 'special' in the form of either whale, which she said was OK, or dolphin. When I asked her about details she simply made a face of disgust and said that it was horrible and most of the kids hated it. A select few who enjoyed it would be in hog heaven though, as most of the other kids, if not eating theirs or not bringing theirs home would give theirs away to them. 'Oh NO, not DOLPHIN surprise again!' wink

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I was working offshore on a fixed platform many years ago and school of dolphins chased a large school of needlefish up around the structure. It was the bloodiest most violent feeding frenzy I have ever seen. The water was red around the legs. I would not have wanted in the water. It was fun to watch. They worked as a team and ate good.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by yobuck
Dolphin research center on Grassey Key which is just above Marathon in the keys.
All you need to know about Dolphins including feeding them and swimming.
About a half day at a very nice place.

We took our granddaughter here three years ago and she just loved it. We loved that she loved it.
On a canoe trip my wife and I took though the inland waterway in Everglades Park, we had dolphins which followed us for miles.p and we enjoyed their company. We watched one which was swimming up and spraying water at a blue heron which was trying to fish along the shore. It looked like he was just tormenting the bird for the fun of it. GD

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,813 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,953
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.