Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A few months ago I broke my rule of screening calls with voice mail. I thought that the number was one of my clients calling.

Almost immediately I realized my mistake but decided to play the call out. It was one of the “your car warranty is expiring” calls. I waited for the number options and was soon listening to a guy with a strong Indian accent.

After his presentation was over I informed him that I was Amish and use a horse and buggy. I asked if he would warranty my horse and buggy. I don’t think that he understood because he launched back into his speech. I interrupted again to explain my Amishness.

He hung up which was fine. Is do wish that he had been informed enough to understand the irony.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Renegade50 almost got me fired pranking people at my worky-job.

He pretended to be the supervisor of this retard that done our janitorial and building maintenance. We dove hunted on said retard’s land so he already had the guy’s number. Texting dude at night, all hours of the day about oil stains and gum in the parking lot, etc, etc.

Retard thought I was behind all of it. Went and cried to the GM.

Showed the GM and chief all the text messages, had to have a big sit down in the conference room, we all laughed our asses off, except for retard. He got mad and quit.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My best story was actually more of a missed opportunity as I was just a bit too young to formulate enough on the fly mischief.

Way back in school age my parents had a number very close to that of a local urologist. Why anyone would think a kid answering the phone with "Hello?" would resemble a doctor's office is beyond me but some guy went straight into "This is X and I'm calling about the results of my urinalysis and sperm count.".

Had I been a few years older that would have been a glorious prank opportunity.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I work at a landscaping construction company and we have an after hours emergency/water running call number that goes to one of our Forman’s cell phones and when he was on vacation he call forwarded it to my cell so I had to answer even if I didn’t recognize the number. Well I get a call around dinner time on a Saturday and answer it and the lady on the phone starts right in on giving me her name phone number address account number which I am trying to scribble on a napkin and have her confirm but then she goes on to tell me about her computer problem and the internet router. I kept trying to stop her and tell her she had called the wrong number I am a sprinkler company not a computer service but she was pissed and wasn’t listening to me thought I was just trying to pass her off to another department. So she finally gets everything explained to her satisfaction and asks what to do with her computer. I realized that she wasn’t going to take no for an answer so I say try unplugging it for five minutes and try again. She screams at me I tried that already and goes off again. When she calms back down aging to listen to me I said ok next step is to hit it with a big stick. That sets her off again and she demands to speak to my supervisor. I tell her lady I am the supervisor and for the tenth time you called a sprinkler repair not a computer repair service you have the wrong number I have been trying to tell you for five minutes now. Her voice totally changed and she meekly said thank you good bye.
My family could over hear the whole thing because it happened in the middle of dinner and I didn’t leave the table. They all busted out laughing when it was over because if there is one person in the room least qualified to give technical support it’s me and now whenever I ask my tech savvy wife to help me with my iphone or laptop she smirks and tells me to hit it with a stick.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
About thirty years ago my parents moved and were unable to move their land line number over to their new residence. The number they wound up with was an easy digit flip from the number of a strip joint. Pop loved to prank callers trying to reach that place. Now that I think about it he may have caused a few domestics with things like "No, Trixie isn't here. She left with some dude a little while ago."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A kid I went to school with had a number that was one-off from a taxi /shuttle service. If they got a call late at night, his dad would often just tell the caller "I'll be there in 20 minutes" and hang up.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
38 years ago we moved to a different city, different state, new phone number. After a few weeks started getting a call from a teen boy asking for "Buffy". Sorry, no Buffy here, you have the wrong number. After the 3rd or 4th time he called I told him she was upstairs boning her new boy friend, I'd go get her. He hung up and never called back.

One Saturday morning got a call from an older guy, obviously after a Friday night bender, asking to speak to Bill. Sorry, man, no Bill here, you have the wrong number. But this is the number Bill wrote down for me, Well, he gave you the wrong digits. I answered the next call using a distraught voice and informed him Bill had died this morning, Oh, I'm so sorry, click. Calls stopped.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This begs the question, what is the right number to prank?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Got a group text one time congratulating someone on having a new baby, that was fun for awhile. I got blocked after I asked if the baby came out burnt like the last one.

LMAO ! That was funny !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Accidentally sexting your mother a pic of your throbber can be a bit embarrassing.

It's MUCH worse when your widowed mother accidentally sexts you.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Roy D Mercer did the best prank calls I ever heard.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

There was a great one where he called a house moving company to get his neighbors house moved while they were at work.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My hard line number was one number off the local jail. 2 instead of 3.

I'd get calls from 'minority mothers'........wanting to talk to Tyrone.

I would tell them he was a behavior problem.......and sent down to the penitentiary in Ft. Madison.

Crying and cussing followed........but never got caught.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in high school, my parents' phone # was identical to that of the Parents of one of my (crazy) friends except that the last two digits were reversed. Friend was standing right next to our phone, waiting for me, when it rang. He immediately answered it with "Johnsons'" (his last name). He then explained to the flustered lady on the other end about the similarity of the #s and that this often happened After this explanation, he suggested that she try again. This time, when the phone rang, he handed it to me, I answered, and called Mom to the phone, where the lady began by explaining to her how she had tried to call before, but had mistakenly dialed Johnsons' #..

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JPro
A kid I went to school with had a number that was one-off from a taxi /shuttle service. If they got a call late at night, his dad would often just tell the caller "I'll be there in 20 minutes" and hang up.

Similar situation when we lived in the north. Frequent late night calls for rides home from the bar. One night I tell him ( group call, drunks in background) cab will be there in 10 minutes. If not there in 10 ride is free. Are you standing on the corner ? Yes. Ok , remember 10 minutes or free.....

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Back in college, we picked a number from the girl’s dorm next to ours so we would call and ask for Sarah. We had a number of guys call and ask for her. We even called and sang her happy birthday. After about a month, we had one of our girlfriends call and say they were Sarah. They talked to her for a half hour about the calls she received, the happy birthday song, etc. and told her she had a lot of friends.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 257wthbylover, 55 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.