Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Maybe they are too busy making the new 22LR bolt guns.

Well, a guy can dream can't he?

I got a K22 before they stopped

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AB2506
The "they're moving" excuse doesn't hold water. They have been in Alabama for darn near a year. At what point does moving cease to be an excuse. I love their rifles and have several. However, their ideas on chamberings etc frustrates me. I know their primary business is 1911s, but good lord, you have a fantastic rifle that fills a unique niche. Keep the quality up in the right chamberings, and they won't be able to make enough.

I'll be pretty sad if they drop rifle production.

Yeah, but their Headquarters in NY was shutdown during Covid.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Sounds like they are revamping the montana again. I had to send one in for warranty work as the pillar broke free from the stock. They called today and they only have FDE painted montana stocks, from a 2022 model they haven’t released yet. I confirmed it wasn’t a hunter stock. So sounds like more changes in the works.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
A FDE stock with black cerakote over stainless would be sweet

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thinking the same Grumman. I picked up KimPro Hunter earlier this year, in .270 with a god awful looking real tree or mossy oak something stock. Shoots fantastic so I think I'll have the stock painted FDE. I wish there were stocks available to buy for these things but I guess paint will have to do.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Thinking the same Grumman. I picked up KimPro Hunter earlier this year, in .270 with a god awful looking real tree or mossy oak something stock. Shoots fantastic so I think I'll have the stock painted FDE. I wish there were stocks available to buy for these things but I guess paint will have to do.

I have a new 84L Hunter stock I'll sell if you're interested. It's Northwood Brown which is a nicer color than the FDE. I have FDE too. Send me a PM if you're interested. FDE has been discontinued in both the 84M and 84L Hunter stocks.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Are Montana stocks available to purchase by any chance?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone

I only have a few prototype 84M stocks left that were made by a US vendor to replace the Costa Rica stocks.

As many already know, Montana, Mountain Ascent, Adirondack, Subalpine and Talkeetna stocks are no longer being made in Costa Rica and haven't been for a year or so. Kimber rifle production has been shut down entirely for the last six to eight months. A new stock vendor based in the US will be making rifle stocks once they've passed the approval process. This effort was started over two years ago when I worked for Kimber and is still ongoing. The US stocks are considerably more expensive than the Costa Rica stocks so expect to see a price jump on Montana, MA, etc. On the bright side, the new stocks should be more consistent. Kimber has had to replace a lot of the Costa Rica stocks over the years due to cracking, warping, swelling, voids, loose stud mounts, recoil pads, etc.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by MCMXI

I only have a few prototype 84M stocks left that were made by a US vendor to replace the Costa Rica stocks.

As many already know, Montana, Mountain Ascent, Adirondack, Subalpine and Talkeetna stocks are no longer being made in Costa Rica and haven't been for a year or so. Kimber rifle production has been shut down entirely for the last six to eight months. A new stock vendor based in the US will be making rifle stocks once they've passed the approval process. This effort was started over two years ago when I worked for Kimber and is still ongoing. The US stocks are considerably more expensive than the Costa Rica stocks so expect to see a price jump on Montana, MA, etc. On the bright side, the new stocks should be more consistent. Kimber has had to replace a lot of the Costa Rica stocks over the years due to cracking, warping, swelling, voids, loose stud mounts, recoil pads, etc.

Do you have any photo's of the prototype 84M stocks? Are these the ones with more carbon fiber in them?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
stock issues is why mine had to go back to them. It was brand new and one of the pillars was already loose in the stock. Sure, could of punched it out and repaired it, by why F with it and the void any warranty….

Last edited by KU_Geo; 08/14/21.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What is "FDE"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BKinSD

I have a new 84L Hunter stock I'll sell if you're interested. It's Northwood Brown which is a nicer color than the FDE. I have FDE too. Send me a PM if you're interested. FDE has been discontinued in both the 84M and 84L Hunter stocks.

I have a Hunter in 6.5 CM and have never liked the very thin comb of the stock and would love to get a "Montana" stock, trigger guard, mag box and follower for it one day.
It shoots great...I just haven't warmed up to that plastic mess

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
What is "FDE"?

Flat dark earth. Or, brown as most folks call it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
What is "FDE"?

Flat dark earth. Or, brown as most folks call it.

Regular folks. Tacticool folks like to say "FDE". Matches their mall ninja uniforms.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've had a wood stock Classic, and now have a Montana. One comment is that though the specs show the same dimensions, I suspect the Montana must have a thinner comb, as I had to add a cheek pad to raise my sight line thru the scope.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would like to see a decent aftermarket stock for the hunters. That would make them an option for me, other then that, I’m stuck on the Montana’s.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
The "they're moving" excuse doesn't hold water. They have been in Alabama for darn near a year. At what point does moving cease to be an excuse. I love their rifles and have several. However, their ideas on chamberings etc frustrates me. I know their primary business is 1911s, but good lord, you have a fantastic rifle that fills a unique niche. Keep the quality up in the right chamberings, and they won't be able to make enough.

I'll be pretty sad if they drop rifle production.

I agree and I live in Alabama, was happy to have them here but not at the expense of their rifle line. I’ve never owned one but know plenty of folks that love them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Far out. Thanks for sharing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by asheepdog
I would like to see a decent aftermarket stock for the hunters. That would make them an option for me, other then that, I’m stuck on the Montana’s.

A slim stock out of similar material as a Tikka T3X, with blind mag or drop floorplate. YRMV

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by asheepdog

A slim stock out of similar material as a Tikka T3X, with blind mag or drop floorplate. YRMV

Tikka stocks suck ass.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 222ND, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,236
Posts18,504,472
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.