Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image from koshermetal.files.wordpress.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know what's funny about 24HCF bible thumpers is, is that they'll start a thread about which of them baby jesus loves the most, but willfully ignore blatant racism and racist posts.

C'mon, fellas, you know the song...

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black & white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

What Would Jesus Do?

You guys got the T-shirt. And the bumper sticker.

Wabigoon, Happy Camper, Et al.?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Playin with fire you are !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by skeen
You know what's funny about 24HCF bible thumpers is, is that they'll start a thread about which of them baby jesus loves the most, but willfully ignore blatant racism and racist posts.

C'mon, fellas, you know the song...

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black & white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

What Would Jesus Do?

You guys got the T-shirt. And the bumper sticker.

Wabigoon, Happy Camper, Et al.?

And it is the same dumb pricks every time.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never read a mean spirited Happy Camper post. Maybe I missed one? He’s passionate about what he believes and likes to discuss it and share the word of God as he sees it without any brow beating of those that disagree. I can’t find any fault in that. His morals and political views don’t seem to be what’s wrong with the West today. I’d argue that even if in jest someone embracing a “Highway to Hell” mentality towards life is the root cause of more societal problems in the world.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’ve never read a mean spirited Happy Camper post. Maybe I missed one? He’s passionate about what he believes and likes to discuss it and share the word of God as he sees it without any brow beating of those that disagree. I can’t find any fault in that. His morals and political views don’t seem to be what’s wrong with the West today. I’d argue that even if in jest someone embracing a “Highway to Hell” mentality towards life is the root cause of more societal problems in the world.

He is a flat out liar though.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

He is a flat out liar though.

Hahaha!

Well....besides that of course.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I’ve never read or heard anything that says that they do. I’m not aware of many or any that believe that. Some of the Bible’s teachings are hard to understand or believe but so is evolution and that some creature could evolve an eye and all of the nerve endings, cells, bio chemistry, and brain capacity to translate it all at once into vision or independently over time with no one part serving a useful purpose until the rest of it was developed. As one example of what’s sold as modern science that’s also hard to believe.

If the Bible sounds difficult to believe so does some Big bang theory that somehow out of nothing at all everything just sort of happens, a universe appears out of absolutely nothing and then from bacteria in a sea somehow eyesight and everything else developed and from fish with gills they developed lungs not needed for the ocean walked onto solid ground evolved into apes and then people. That sounds crazy too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I’ve never read or heard anything that says that they do. ....

Try this:

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/infantmortality.htm

That is just in the US but it happens around the world.

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Try this:

Seeing how the CDC has handled Covid and that they consider firearms a public health issue I think there’s a lot of politics and agenda involved with the CDC. I have no reason to not believe that statistic but I’m not following the point of it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Try this:

Seeing how the CDC has handled Covid and that they consider firearms a public health issue I think there’s a lot of politics and agenda involved with the CDC. I have no reason to not believe that statistic but I’m not following the point of it.

Try these then:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.IMRT.IN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_mortality

https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Don’t worry. You can’t believe it because it’s not true.
If there is a true God who loves all His children, it simply cannot be true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not a hugely religious person but was raised in church. I seem to remember that children up to the age of accountability are saved. Onve they pass that age they are not unless they believe, are baptized, and then live a good life. Dont jump all over me if Im wrong now as its been a long time.

I’ve never read or heard anything that says that they do. I’m not aware of many or any that believe that. Some of the Bible’s teachings are hard to understand or believe but so is evolution and that some creature could evolve an eye and all of the nerve endings, cells, bio chemistry, and brain capacity to translate it all at once into vision or independently over time with no one part serving a useful purpose until the rest of it was developed. As one example of what’s sold as modern science that’s also hard to believe.

If the Bible sounds difficult to believe so does some Big bang theory that somehow out of nothing at all everything just sort of happens, a universe appears out of absolutely nothing and then from bacteria in a sea somehow eyesight and everything else developed and from fish with gills they developed lungs not needed for the ocean walked onto solid ground evolved into apes and then people. That sounds crazy too.

What Lemming says makes a lot of sense, both theories are hard to believe. When I was in HS, my science teacher was also a minister at our church. Our church always taught the creation theory of course but he made a lot of sense when he talked about both theories being correct in that God did create life but then evolution also take place throughout the years. Millions of years. Basically God created evolution also.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Infant mortality? People were blessed with free will and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Unfortunately part of the deal with free will is is an imperfect world. If a creator gave us free will but in exchange for living a certain way we lived forever, we’re guaranteed great wealth, and never had heartache or loss that wouldn’t really be free will. IMO rather you believe in God or not the Bible lays out a pretty good foundation on how to live a long and happy life. It’s an imperfect world and there will always be exceptions and heartbreak but to have it any other way would mean not having free will. Just my opinion as I see it. As mentioned above Christian teachings are a leap in faith but so is what passes for science when claiming out of nothing an explosion “Big Bang” happened and created a universe that lead to bacteria turning in to humans.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I didn't realise that there was a chapter of "exemptions" covering infants, people with severe mental impairment or those in general that get killed off in accidents before finding god. Given the benefit of any doubt?

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark
I'm not a hugely religious person but was raised in church. I seem to remember that children up to the age of accountability are saved. Onve they pass that age they are not unless they believe, are baptized, and then live a good life. Dont jump all over me if Im wrong now as its been a long time.

What Lemming says makes a lot of sense, both theories are hard to believe. When I was in HS, my science teacher was also a minister at our church. Our church always taught the creation theory of course but he made a lot of sense when he talked about both theories being correct in that God did create life but then evolution also take place throughout the years. Millions of years. Basically God created evolution also.

That mirrors my own background. I personally believe that up to the age of accountability all kids are saved under the grace of God as biblical teachings are all about free choice be it with consequences. Children by definition aren’t old enough to make choices with a maturity or a full understanding.

I also was taught and believe that there is some evolution. Yorkshire Terrier’s or beef cattle didn’t magically appear, they were selectively breed for by people and in the same way evolution breeds in or out some traits. At the same time IMO it takes a big jump in what passes as science to explain how a universe came into existence from nothing at all or how or why bacteria in an ocean would develop lungs from gills or all of the independent features needed for eyesight all at once or over time independently when each feature would be useless until the rest were in place. At the end of the day all of it’s a leap of faith and difficult to understand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Probably old timers too that haven't been exposed to Christianity.

Especially in the Olden Days.

I wonder how many Celts, Etruscans, and even...............Eskimos passed before they could here the Word?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Challenge Jim to an ear pull and he'll tell ya bout Eskimos.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Probably old timers too that haven't been exposed to Christianity.

Especially in the Olden Days.

I wonder how many Celts, Etruscans, and even...............Eskimos passed before they could here the Word?

And who gets first pick: god, Allah or any one of the others

Well?
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 3,369 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.