Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh but we will, whether anyone likes it or not.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
There is only one God. He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our salvation. There is no other under Heaven whereby salvation is given. Not Allah, not Buddha, nor any other.

The Bible says that EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. This will include ALL of us.

John 3:16

Amen from the back row!

Yes, sir!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh but we will, whether anyone likes it or not.

You have faith that "we will" but that's far from a known truth.

You might just fade away. We know what you believe, but that believing is faith.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

They are different versions of God.

Different versions of a god maybe, but there's only one God.

1 Corinthians 8:6
New International Version
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The God that people believe in differs between religions and believers. Whether an actual God exists has not been proven, therefore belief is a matter of faith....and why we have countless versions of God.

My God lives, all the other so called gods are stone cold dead.

That is your belief. Which you are entitled to hold, but it's not something that has been established as fact. Which is why we call it a matter of, not science, not philosophy, but faith.

Logic has no place in a religion discussion.

It sure looks that way.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by DBT
Not knowing whether the universe is cyclic, a part of a greater system, a one off quantum fluctuation or something not yet understood, doesn't take faith.

You are scientifically illiterate if you think it does not take faith to believe in those alternatives. There is NO science which describes how physics(time,space,matter) was created. None.

"cyclic" - no science which supports a cycle.
"part of a greater system" and "one off quantum fluctuation" - that's just word bullshit showing you don't know what you are talking about

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Once more, there is a Gift, that can be accepted, or not.

It's a personal choice.

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Conviction based on evidence is not a choice. The evidence is either sufficient for a conviction or its not. When it's not, yet a belief is held, we call it faith.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So an infant born into a staunch Muslim family will get taken up by a Christian god in the event they die before reaching a minimum age requirement. Wouldn't god figure that that infant would likely have developed to follow Islam as well? Wouldn't that be a preemptive violation of free will?

Also if someone murders their infant haven't they then guaranteed the infant a place in heaven under the minimum age exemption clause? And if the murdering parent repents their sins and asks for forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their savior, aren't they also going to go to heaven? Sounds like a win win situation.

Check the Catlick way. Children are born free of original sin. Baptized early on as infants to double the coverage. And I think murder was a cardinal sin. No getting away with that one.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Hastings

I have a question. At what age and day does a person become accountable?

It should probably be more related to "mental competency" rather than just age. Unfortunately there are people who have mental impairment, for any number of reasons and at any stage of their life. If there is a "get into heaven free" for children under a certain age, surely a loving god would also include those without the mental capacity to make proper decisions into heaven as well. The Romans used to keep the disabled (physical or mental) as objects for amusement but Christianity did introduce compassion towards them.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
Faith is what it is.
I agree. Jesus thought highly of faith. So did His Apostles and the others who were close to Him. To me, faith is simply confidence that God already did what He said He did, and that God is who He reveals Himself to be in the New Testament, and that He will do everything He’s promised. For me, faith is ultimately a response to God. It’s a belief based on what I consider to be a reality. For me, it’s absolute confidence and absolute trust built on my personal and subjective experience and my personal and subjective evidence.

But my faith...and my salvation...aren’t dependent upon supplying “proof” of the unprovable to those who are unbelievers. It's all by faith, nothing else. And I have no problem with those who see things otherwise. For me, my faith is absolutely and unequivocally reliable and efficacious.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by smarquez
So an infant born into a staunch Muslim family will get taken up by a Christian god in the event they die before reaching a minimum age requirement. Wouldn't god figure that that infant would likely have developed to follow Islam as well? Wouldn't that be a preemptive violation of free will?

Also if someone murders their infant haven't they then guaranteed the infant a place in heaven under the minimum age exemption clause? And if the murdering parent repents their sins and asks for forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their savior, aren't they also going to go to heaven? Sounds like a win win situation.

Check the Catlick way. Children are born free of original sin. Baptized early on as infants to double the coverage. And I think murder was a cardinal sin. No getting away with that one.

I know Catholics who have moved away from faith - the baptism seems to have worn off. None of them remember the act of having been baptised - were too young at the time to recall I think. But the ones who organised it usually remember.

Cardinal and even mortal sins can be forgiven by repentance. I think you'll find that murder is a mortal sin.

Well?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from quotefancy.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You don't have to be smart to be good and and you don't have to be stupid to be bad.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You don't have to be smart to be good and and you don't have to be stupid to be bad.

but you gotta be tough if you gonna be dumb

Well?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

but you gotta be tough if you gonna be dumb

Not if you vote Democrat.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by DBT
Not knowing whether the universe is cyclic, a part of a greater system, a one off quantum fluctuation or something not yet understood, doesn't take faith.

You are scientifically illiterate if you think it does not take faith to believe in those alternatives. There is NO science which describes how physics(time,space,matter) was created. None.

"cyclic" - no science which supports a cycle.
"part of a greater system" and "one off quantum fluctuation" - that's just word bullshit showing you don't know what you are talking about

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

Science shows us proof events do not occur randomly and are based on intelligent design. Its the crutch so called intelligent people use to justify denying the value of faith.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Muslims have faith, Hindus have faith, Jews, Christian's, etc, have Faith, yet cannot agree amongst themselves on truth.....so much for the reliability or efficacy of Faith.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

Take heart. The age at which God imputes guild is twenty. Prior to that they are innocent in His judgment.

For those who want to challenge this I will gladly post lots of Scripture to support it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Muslims have faith, Hindus have faith, Jews, Christian's, etc, have Faith, yet cannot agree amongst themselves on truth.....so much for the reliability or efficacy of Faith.

Lol...that's because fools listen to other fools ..not God.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from quotefancy.com]

Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,173 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.