Inquisition.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

Take heart. The age at which God imputes guild is twenty. Prior to that they are innocent in His judgment.

For those who want to challenge this I will gladly post lots of Scripture to support it.

Yes, please list. Does this include innocence for those with mental impairments irrespective of age?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by DBT
Not knowing whether the universe is cyclic, a part of a greater system, a one off quantum fluctuation or something not yet understood, doesn't take faith.

You are scientifically illiterate if you think it does not take faith to believe in those alternatives. There is NO science which describes how physics(time,space,matter) was created. None.

"cyclic" - no science which supports a cycle.
"part of a greater system" and "one off quantum fluctuation" - that's just word bullshit showing you don't know what you are talking about

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

As has been said before, you fab up your own definition of “faith” and then go on to build a thesis on a falsehood. Childish actually.

Your definition of faith is not found in the Bible.

Yet again, you are wrong.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

Take heart. The age at which God imputes guild is twenty. Prior to that they are innocent in His judgment.

For those who want to challenge this I will gladly post lots of Scripture to support it.

Yes, please list. Does this include innocence for those with mental impairments irrespective of age?

This always cracks me up. The "disbelievers" looking to others to be convinced and the "believers" trying to convince them with someone else's words.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by DBT
Not knowing whether the universe is cyclic, a part of a greater system, a one off quantum fluctuation or something not yet understood, doesn't take faith.

You are scientifically illiterate if you think it does not take faith to believe in those alternatives. There is NO science which describes how physics(time,space,matter) was created. None.

"cyclic" - no science which supports a cycle.
"part of a greater system" and "one off quantum fluctuation" - that's just word bullshit showing you don't know what you are talking about

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

As has been said before, you fab up your own definition of “faith” and then go on to build a thesis on a falsehood. Childish actually.

Your definition of faith is not found in the Bible.

Yet again, you are wrong.

I use the standard definition of faith. A word that is used as a blanket term in common usage, trust, confidence, etc...which allows equivocation.

It is you who defines faith in a way that suits your needs. Faith is not the same as confidence or trust built on experience and evidence.

This distinction has been explained time and time again, to no avail. You just assert your own poorly defined version. Never offering a precise definition.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I plan on being raptured before the real bad stuff starts.
I'm afraid the tribulation has already started and the rapture idea is a fairly recent invention. If that's the ace your counting on I'm thinking it might be a good idea to check your hole card. As for time, what is time to a creator at the center of the universe? It now looks like the 7 day creation was eons. A 7 year tribulation could be and has been centuries. How much more and how bad is anyone's guess.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell

This always cracks me up. The "disbelievers" looking to others to be convinced and the "believers" trying to convince them with someone else's words.

You said it more politely than I would've.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Interesting that you aussies are so godless.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
I don't even know where to get started on terror, wars, and murder committed by nominal Christian churches and sanctioned by their highest authorities. Heretics were burned, holy land crusades pillaged and completely slaughtered entire cities, Constantinople a Christian city was sacked and pillaged by a Catholic army, the inquisitions burned untold numbers, there were wars between Protestants and Catholics that went on for years and years, the holy Puritans seeking refuge turned around and burned and hanged witches. The much revered John Calvin had Michael Servetus burned for challenging his theology. I've left out most of the ''Christian'' atrocities. Our founding fathers got a head start on the much hated communists when they divorced government and religion. They were students of history and while they probably didn't have a lot of first hand knowledge of the evils of Islam or Hinduism they full well knew the evil that would occur if ''Christianity'' was allowed to insert itself into ruling the country.
‘The Church’ has certainly reared its ugly head in the ways that you’ve described for at least 1400 years of its history. It’s despicable. I think Jesus’ ekklesia accomplished quite a bit of original good for the first 300 years of its history. Anyway, the Israelites did quite a bit of mass killings of the Canaanites under Moses and Joshua when they completely and utterly destroyed them and their cities. And the Israelites did quite a bit of mass killings when the Amalekites were annihilated by Saul, and they didn’t spare anything that breathed...men, women, children, infants...they even killed the oxen, sheep, camels, and donkeys. And the Israelites did quite a bit of mass killings when eleven tribes of Israel had all but wiped out the tribe of Benjamin...they slaughtered the Benjaminite men, women, and children...except for 600 men who had been hiding in a cave. There is historical violence and darkness in the traditions of both the Church ‘and’ the ancient Israelites.

Bravo

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm afraid the tribulation has already started and the rapture idea is a fairly recent invention. If that's the ace your counting on I'm thinking it might be a good idea to check your hole card. As for time, what is time to a creator at the center of the universe? It now looks like the 7 day creation was eons. A 7 year tribulation could be and has been centuries. How much more and how bad is anyone's guess.

You have some very interesting and unsupported interpretations of scripture IMO. The rapture is supported by scripture, and I believe the Bible in it's entirety, period. God's wrath is explicitly for the non-believer, not the believer. I know that it hasn’t yet started because Scripture says that we will be with the Lord before the antichrist establishes a covenant with Israel that starts the clock ticking for this time of God’s wrath (Dan. 9:27; 2 Thess. 2:3-8)

I Thessalonians 4 (regarding the rapture of the church)
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

You're right about God's timing though, as it has nothing to do with ours.

2 Peter 3:8 New International Version
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

You have some very interesting and unsupported interpretations of scripture IMO. The rapture is supported by scripture, and I believe the Bible in it's entirety, period. God's wrath is explicitly for the non-believer, not the believer. I know that it hasn’t yet started because Scripture says that we will be with the Lord before the antichrist establishes a covenant with Israel that starts the clock ticking for this time of God’s wrath (Dan. 9:27; 2 Thess. 2:3-8)

I Thessalonians 4 (regarding the rapture of the church)
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

You're right about God's timing though, as it has nothing to do with ours.

2 Peter 3:8 New International Version
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Where does Penn State come into all of that?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by strikeu
what "evidence" does anyone have of god ? aside from the bull S hit they make up, or had forced down their throat from the time they could understand language?

one of the most basic premises behind religion is you HAVE GOT to get to the when they're young. This is even written in the bible somewhere...

Take a 2 year old and preach "jesus loves me" to it and "god is good, god is great" for 10 years, throw in some cookies and kool aid and you got them hooked for life. do the same thing to a 40 year old who's been educated but never heard of jesus...not so much. The more you learn about the world and science, the harder it is to swallow all this crap.

most bible thumpers quote the bible and play fast and loose with the text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of god, and, in a peculiar twist of logic, they quote the Bible itself to back up their claim...circular logic.

Until you actually search, you will never see the evidence. Until you see dope heads and drunks become Christian and make a 180 with their life, you'll never understand. These were people that weren't raised to sing the cute songs and memorize scriptures in Sunday school. If this isn't evidence enough I don't know what is.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We need to hit rock bottom, and the 'See The Light."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We need to hit rock bottom, and the 'See The Light."
I don't know that we will ''see the light'' but we are surely headed for rock bottom. I don't quite understand the rush but I understand arithmetic and we are headed for disaster.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lucas1
what "evidence" does anyone have of god ? aside from the bull S hit they make up, or had forced down their throat from the time they could understand language?

one of the most basic premises behind religion is you HAVE GOT to get to the when they're young. This is even written in the bible somewhere...

Take a 2 year old and preach "jesus loves me" to it and "god is good, god is great" for 10 years, throw in some cookies and kool aid and you got them hooked for life. do the same thing to a 40 year old who's been educated but never heard of jesus...not so much. The more you learn about the world and science, the harder it is to swallow all this crap.

most bible thumpers quote the bible and play fast and loose with the text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of god, and, in a peculiar twist of logic, they quote the Bible itself to back up their claim...circular logic.

Until you actually search, you will never see the evidence. Until you see dope heads and drunks become Christian and make a 180 with their life, you'll never understand. These were people that weren't raised to sing the cute songs and memorize scriptures in Sunday school. If this isn't evidence enough I don't know what is.

I've "searched" and I don't see it. dope heads..hmm, probably not a lot to lose and see a paycheck or a handout, they will say and do almost anything. same with drunks- a moment of clarity? a helping hand? something for free, probably and most likely, or about to die and scared out of their wits. That's the typical story, yeah I've spent a lot of hours in Southern Baptist revival tents and heard all the death bed convert stories to fill a barge. Dope heads and drunks converting don't help your case for a caring "god". And no, that's not near evidence enough. You need to do better than that.

Where are your bible quotes to back that up? You use the Bible to prove the Bible...unbelievable.

No proof, No evidence. Just mumbo jumbo about the "blood of the Lamb" and a "close personal relationship with christ"...what a crock of S hit. what does that even mean?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

No proof, No evidence. Just mumbo jumbo about the "blood of the Lamb" and a "close personal relationship with christ"...what a crock of S hit. what does that even mean?

It means that you are terribly lost and not likely to understand until you open your heart, shut your mouth and set aside your ignorant pride.

If you don’t know what “a close personal relationship” is then you have serious issues.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've "searched" and I don't see it. Where are your bible quotes to back that up? You use the Bible to prove the Bible...unbelievable. No proof, No evidence. Just mumbo jumbo about the "blood of the Lamb" and a "close personal relationship with Christ,”...what a crock of schit.
Dude, I understand that you feel the way that you do; MANY people likely feel the way that you do. And you very likely have good reasons for feeling the way that you do, just as others do who share your sentiments.

Imagine a conversation between Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins...and the Apostle Peter. The New Atheists would start out with their blistering critique of the Bible’s Old Testament and highlight God’s genocidal directives to the Jews to go into a land a kill everybody and everything in it, then they’d go on and on about the dangers of religion and they’d cite all of the atrocities carried out in the name of religion throughout history and especially Christian atrocities.

But...the foundation of the Christian faith is not a cleverly cobbled together group of manuscripts that we call the Bible.

Let’s hear how Apostle Peter might respond...“Fellas, I’m very familiar with the history of my people, and I’ve never questioned it because of how I was raised. But none of that...nothing you’ve said has anything to do with my decision to follow Jesus. Y’all reference the inadequacy of my reasoning, so let me explain my reasoning...I only have one reason. When Jesus was arrested, I ran...and when asked if I knew Him, I lied. And when the Romans crucified Him, He died. And at that time, I was like y’all...I had no faith. I didn’t know what to believe. I had no reason to believe, because I didn’t know what to believe. I’d just spent 3 years of my life following what turned out to be a false prophet, and I had a price on my head.”

“And then He came, and there He was...very much alive. I can’t really argue with anything you’ve said, but I’d like to clarify one thing...my reason for believing isn’t something that I’ve heard or read or had read to me. I believe what I believe because of what I saw...I watched Him die, I know exactly where He was buried, but God raised Him...and I saw Him, and I saw Him more than once. That’s the reason...that’s the only reason...for my faith and my hope.”

And that is the reason for my hope as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Where are your bible quotes to back that up? You use the Bible to prove the Bible...unbelievable.

Just as Jesus did when he answered satan's temptations.....with scripture.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It amazes me how many atheists we have on a sportsman’s Internet forum. Seems to be somewhat of a regional thing. We put on a dove hunt every year that brings in about 30 hunters. We have a BBQ feast at lunchtime where every head bows for a prayer of appreciation. I can’t imagine it being any other way. I pity many of the folks on here, and I hope their hearts change at some point.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Lucas1

I've "searched" and I don't see it. dope heads..hmm, probably not a lot to lose and see a paycheck or a handout, they will say and do almost anything. same with drunks- a moment of clarity? a helping hand? something for free, probably and most likely, or about to die and scared out of their wits. That's the typical story, yeah I've spent a lot of hours in Southern Baptist revival tents and heard all the death bed convert stories to fill a barge. Dope heads and drunks converting don't help your case for a caring "god". And no, that's not near evidence enough. You need to do better than that.

Some can see.

Some can see when shown.

Some can never see, especially those whose eyes HE covered in scales.

You make me oh so happy.
Im so glad to "see",
I wont have to deal with you in eternity. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 10ring1, 222ND, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,647
Posts18,533,790
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.