Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought one of kimbers 84m classic limited 6.5 Creedmoors 1 of 1000 rifles a few years ago. It's a nice rifle stainless in a wood stock with a cerekoted black action and bead blast stainless barrel. Mines still new in the box but I bought it with the intention of hunting with it.

However, I have several medium 6.5 rifles and I'm wondering if I'd be wise to keep this kimber NIB because I'll probably sell it sometime anyways. I prefer a synthetic stock for hunting and don't want to ding up the wood on this one. I don't think these rifles will ever increase in value much but I've been surprised before. Should I put a scope on it and see how it does or moth ball it until someone talks me out of it?

Bb

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Life’s short

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'd bet it's a shooter.

That said, since it's not your cup of tea, I'd mothball it.

They have already gone up in price based on what I have seen.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I contemplated the same thing when I got mine, but using it won over. I used it one time during Deer season cleaned it up and haven't used it since. Accuracy was outstanding, both with handloads and Hornady Whitetail rounds.
At one time I thought about putting it in a Montana stock so I could continue to use it without dinging up the wood stock.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Shoot it... Shoot it... Shoot it...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
I'd bet it's a shooter.

That said, since it's not your cup of tea, I'd mothball it.

They have already gone up in price based on what I have seen.

This is what I would do, for the same reasons WA made.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A "special" blued/walnut Kreedmire?!? I've never heard of it,but they must of been rather inexpensive. Hint.

I enjoy all the reasons you ladies concoct,NOT to shoot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I bought one of kimbers 84m classic limited 6.5 Creedmoors 1 of 1000 rifles a few years ago. It's a nice rifle stainless in a wood stock with a cerekoted black action and bead blast stainless barrel. Mines still new in the box but I bought it with the intention of hunting with it.

However, I have several medium 6.5 rifles and I'm wondering if I'd be wise to keep this kimber NIB because I'll probably sell it sometime anyways. I prefer a synthetic stock for hunting and don't want to ding up the wood on this one. I don't think these rifles will ever increase in value much but I've been surprised before. Should I put a scope on it and see how it does or moth ball it until someone talks me out of it?

Bb

Shoot it or sell it IMO. It's not a retirement fund, it's a rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

Shoot it or sell it IMO. It's not a retirement fund, it's a rifle.

+1

It's not a collector's piece, really. So, even if you do shoot it, that's not going to really affect the value.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you're not going to shoot it, sell it. It's a tool.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ONLY fhuqking "shooting" to be done by these gals,is with their mouths and Imaginations. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless their hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The ONLY fhuqking "shooting" to be done by these gals,is with their mouths and Imaginations. Hint.

Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless their hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Blast from the past! I think I started with 25 or so and they flew out the door. I didn’t have one stashed so I had to let them all go when they sold online. Guy brought one in a few days ago and he needed some cash. He wanted some Christmas money and I obliged. It’s now on the gun rack in my office with other treasures. I’ll bring it home next week and have some fun.

It’ll be a while before we see any new Kimber rifles and none will have the Costa Rica stock.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Darrik,

I've long loved you for more than a few reasons,but that Classic Move,really greased the skids. Hell,might even be a pun intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

What in THE Fhuqk were you thinking here?!? Hint.(grin)

Best to you and your's...hoping your World is well.......................

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Stick-

Your screenshot made me search my emails for this gem. Our orders couldn’t have been too far apart.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There’s no doubt that whittakers is great to do business with. Merry Christmas

Last edited by robertham1; 12/24/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'1,

I never learned how to linger and I've seen The Kali Krew cut to the chase before. Very well played! Hint.

I'm still keeping fingers crossed,for a Vudoo in WSM!......................(grin)

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Stick,

All good here. Everybody getting older.

I’ve made a few guys happy over the years with some deals. Those Classics, the last batch of 223 Montana’s and Fieldcrafts. Looking back, I left a bunch of money on the table! I chose small margin and turned money quick. No regrets. I’d do it again if any deals were to be had.

I hung onto a couple too!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I missed the $799 run at Whittakers I would have bought a few. One to save and one for my imagination to shoot.

Bb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yeah, I only bought one too. I just couldn't find another with wood that I liked, and not at the price I got it for either. Penny auction, and got it for under $700 shipped and transferred.

Besides. I don't shoot much either,

[Linked Image]

Here's a link to the original topic.

A Classic 6.5 Creedmoor

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, stupid question of the day- I haven't followed the Kimbers much except for the KOO rimfires... Had a disagreement with a buddy and now I have to know- has Kimber stopped building rifles completely or are they on a "short" hiatus?

Also, I may be on the lookout for a K22 rimfire barreled action, but not sure yet.... any of you guys feeling generous about selling one let me know.... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Sheister
Had a disagreement with a buddy and now I have to know- has Kimber stopped building rifles completely or are they on a "short" hiatus?

Bob

Not sure anybody knows, but I do know from a reliable source that for Kimber, rifle production is an afterthought. The majority of their revenue is from 1911 pistols, and other variations.

I think that explains some of their inexplicable lineup changes, like discontinuing the Montana in 223.

IMO, they are still scrambling after their move to AL, and probably short staffed due to Covid, so they are focusing on pistol production. I think you'll see them back in production, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the wood-stocked versions to disappear.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.