Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is attributed to Andy Rooney. Whether true or not, it's not a bad read.

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.
Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.
Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far
sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off that you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress.
Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?", here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
GB1

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe that's the problem the little sausage!

Scott

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So true this is...thanks for sharing

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's my observation that women past age 40 or so tend to get excetionally pragmatic about their relationships.

The men in that age group have reached the point that they can take or leave women,... at least on a permanent basis,....and women act accordingly.

I'm not saying that us guys are perfect,... but we pay the bills,.. mow the yard,... fix the faucets,.. and women can drag us along and go wherever they want without having to worry about the goblins in the world.

Well,.... providing that they've hooked up with some old boy who has no qualms about dropping a revolver in his pocket before he heads out for the evening.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Mine is over 40, so am I.

I can't take her or leave her, she's all there is. No questions about that.

I'm far from perfect also, we both pay bills. She mows most of our 3 yards. I fix the faucets. Mine goes where ever on her own, packing a Kimber 45 the whole way, no need for me.

Can't say that I agree with anything ya say there Bristoe... but I do admit I've probably got a perfect woman.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I dunno man,...

Mine just called me on the phone from work,... gettin' all balled up about first one thing then another.

I dunno what else to say to her.

If she don't like it here,... the place she came from is right there waitin' with open arms.

I mean,.. her ass inna way half the time anyway.

Just go on,.... I don't givva chit!

I been there before,... and fact is,... I kinda` like it!

I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out yet again,....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yellow pants? Someone here owns yellow pants? Damn, I must be living a sheltered life - never seen a man in yellow pants around here!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Da hell is wrong with these women?!!

They hook up with ya about age 45 and think you gonna let 'em be ya momma.

,.... crazy ass women, anyway,...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bristoe...honey.......is life treatin' ya bad???? You sound kinna mad at ta world tonight.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 280sRN
Bristoe...honey.......is life treatin' ya bad???? You sound kinna mad at ta world tonight.

Nah,.... I just ain't inna mood fer no nonsense,.. as usual,....and the woman just cain't get a handle on it.

I don't know what else ta say,.... it ain't like I beat around the bush,..

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I guess being a house husband ain't all it's cracked up to be...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Take it 'er don't',.....I,ll work with ya both ways.

Is there anybody easier ta get along with than that?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they hook up with you Bristoe I don't think they would try to change you like younger women would. They would learn to live with it or move on.
Young or old they can't barbecue and will drive 10 miles on a flat.
But they know when things aren't right in a relationship and sometimes try to get their fella to come out of his cave.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I guess being a house husband ain't all it's cracked up to be...

I dunno,.... I've yet to try it widdout a woman around makin' a stink,.....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Without a woman around? Not sure if that kind of house husband is legal in KY, but good luck with your search....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A coworker summed it up best.

At twenty a guy wants a steady piece of arse,he's willing to get married for it.

At twenty a girl is looking for someone to support her or at least add another income,plus get her knocked up. She knows she has to put out to keep him interested.

At 30 a guy is usually sick of her [bleep] by now,but the thought of child support keeps him around.

At 30 she has the kids and knows full well she can rag his ass all she wants and chances are,he'll stick around.She doesn't have to put out much anymore either.

By the 40's he's got kids past 18yrs old,so child support is over.She's aged a bunch and he's at the peak of his earning capabilities.Which in itself is reason enough for alot of younger women to want him for sex and the hopes of money.He can finally dump her.

By her 40's the kids are gone and so is alot of her leverage.She knows she can be dumped.She has to put out again.Go to any gym,its full of 40 year old women who lost the gravy train.

A forty something divorced women always puts out,its all she has going for her.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doctor Phil never put that in his book.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's what it is, man,..

"Chut up and go fix me some biscuits and gravy,..... mebbe I'll come back ta-marrah."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootinurse
For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress.
Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?", here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

What the woman over 40 needs to do is turn away from the bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants... let him have his 22 year-old waitress. Then she should go flirt with the good-looking 25 year-old in the jeans and cowboy boots next to the pickup truck... wink whistle grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
and he'll say "Can I help ya ma'am?"

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 21, 48 invisible), 14,982 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,035
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.