-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tomahawk Pork Chop. All natural, hormone and antibiotic-free Duroc from White Marble Farms

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It’s expensive Pork but beef is twice the price

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
We don't have much in the way of "nice places" here.

Some that have been through here will know the Brass Rail, a local restaurant with some Basque items on the menu, maybe around $35 each as I recall, carafe of wine comes on the table.

Niles Hotel isn't bad either, probably the same price range or a bit higher? No free wine on the table though, doesn't matter to us as we don't partake anyway.

$7.50 for a 2 taco, rice, beans special plate at our taco shop.............good enough for me many nites. Sit down Mexican place is higher, but I'm a taco shop kinda guy.

Chinese dinners will run $11-$13 or so with a side of chow mien or fried rice or half and half included.

BBQ joint runs about the same I think.

The half and half option is intriguing!
grin

Mmmmmnnn?

Perhaps some more info is desired.

1/2 fried rice and 1/2 chow mein. for those who like some variety,

It's not quite the same as "around the world" at some bawdy house if that's where your mind took you. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lonny
$12-25 here. But I'm thinking most on this thread wouldn't consider it "nice" by their standards. I've never paid more than $25 for a meal and I'd probably have buyers remorse if I spent more than that.

went to that "Italian" place down there across from the Les Schwab's , a little to the east of Lolo Sporting Goods a few years back. Near the railroad tracks. Seeing as how it was my birthday, I had decided I wanted some nice veal piccata or such.

Sat down, young 20ish waitress comes by. I said I don't see any veal on the menu. She looked at me confused and said, and I quote "What's veal?"

I left. That just told me what an expensive meal there would be. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
I refuse to get steak when out. I can make a better one at home.

I don't eat fish when out. I used to, figuring those professional cooks (chefs?) should know something I don't. Apparently not, and I'm cheaper. The only fish I ever enjoyed was mahai -mahai at Don Ho's. Once. Next two times it was bleh.... I then quit spending money on chit-fish at restaurants anywhere.

Wife and I went to a fancy place in Puerto Vaharta (sp)....$200! It was OK food, but just ok. Steak dinners. From then on, we ate at the food market across the street. Better food and way cheaper!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Valsdad

went to that "Italian" place down there across from the Les Schwab's , a little to the east of Lolo Sporting Goods a few years back. Near the railroad tracks. Seeing as how it was my birthday, I had decided I wanted some nice veal piccata or such.

Sat down, young 20ish waitress comes by. I said I don't see any veal on the menu. She looked at me confused and said, and I quote "What's veal?"

I left. That just told me what an expensive meal there would be. grin

I know where that is.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My daughter just went to see a Broadway play and dinner in NYC ,dinner for two at Porerthouse steak resturant,was $300.00 ,the theater tickets were $350.00 each,so to see a play and have dinner was a grand.Thats just nuts.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Are you talking about Lolo Sporting Goods in Lewiston?

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by superlight17b
My daughter just went to see a Broadway play and dinner in NYC ,dinner for two at Porerthouse steak resturant,was $300.00 ,the theater tickets were $350.00 each,so to see a play and have dinner was a grand.Thats just nuts.

Going to New York city in the first place is just nuts ! As far as the rest of the spending, well you're just beating a dead horse !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As far as fine dinning goes, I don't think a king could be served anything better than whitetailed buck that you or a friend shot that day, cooked on a coleman stove in a cast iron frying pan sautéed in beer with a few good friends while standing around a hard wood fire !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jimy
As far as fine dinning goes, I don't think a king could be served anything better than whitetailed buck that you or a friend shot that day, cooked on a coleman stove in a cast iron frying pan sautéed in beer with a few good friends while standing around a hard wood fire !

You can have my share

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonny
$12-25 here. But I'm thinking most on this thread wouldn't consider it "nice" by their standards. I've never paid more than $25 for a meal and I'd probably have buyers remorse if I spent more than that.

I wasn’t thinking that McDonald’s was a nice place to eat! But I was amazed at the price! Last time I went there it was 16. Bucks. Not twenty six. We went out New Year’s Eve. It cost like 70. But $ 26. At McDonald’s?????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Joe!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
We ate dinner a couple of nights ago at a local place that does both Mexican and Chinese. We got Crab Rangoon for appetizers, and I had the Shrimp Lo Mein. My wife had the taco salad. It was 35 dollars, but we had enough left over to eat lunch out of the next day.

I will pay 20-25 per person for dinner, but it had better be good, and a lot of it. Anything more than that per person would have to be for a very special occasion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 1.5 to 2X what it did before Joe Biden became President a little over a year ago.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
I refuse to get steak when out. I can make a better one at home.

This^^^^
If eating out it is for something that I can't/won't do at home.
Maybe have one IPA but usually we both do water and never dessert.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The place the wife and I like to go about 3 or 4 times a year.
2 Manhattans - $28
2 Dozen west coast oysters - 72
A bottle of English bubbly - 80
We split an entree of broiled lobster tails, really good fries, arugula salad and Bearnaise. - 44

So that's $224 before tax (7%) and tip.

Menu prices were increased about 10% in mid 2021. Another problem here is commercial R. E. is VERY expensive.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by auk1124
We ate dinner a couple of nights ago at a local place that does both Mexican and Chinese.

Nice place? Sounds nice and scary!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Anymore, most restaurants are a complete ripoff. Last night I cooked up a large NY with bourbon mushroom sauce, a baked spud, broccoli and a small romaine salad. Cost me no more than 10 bucks for that whole meal. Restaurant cost $40.
If I had all the money I spent on nice restaurants over the last 20 yeards I could buy a nice cabin on 40 acres.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimy

You got that right.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm told the fancy place in our little county seat town, charges 50 bucks for just a steak, anything else is more money.

Just my wife and me for dinner. We spend $300. One just needs to make more money to feed well.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 70 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,109
Posts18,483,299
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.