-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GM is admonishing dealers about crooked practices.
And threatening to pull dealership licenses in those that violate.

Either with BS add on prices, or selling to proxy buyers that
re-sell

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/20/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our local Ford dealer is selling at MSRP, and although that hurts my Dutch inner penny-pincher deeply..... I signed on the bottom line on the promise I could have my rig in "4 to 6 months".

I guess that's the times?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do still think there are thousands of 2021 models gonna hit the market over these next month's. These will be essentially new trucks they finished building when chips become available.

I'm seeing adds pop up from Jim Butler Chevy near St.Louis and another dealer in Ky. For new 2021 Silverados and Colorados.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scottf270
I do still think there are thousands of 2021 models gonna hit the market over these next month's. These will be essentially new trucks they finished building when chips become available.

I have been anticipating the same thing. There is one thing that bothers me a little, though. It is anecdotal, but a courtesy car driver who was bringing me to the dealership to pick up my car last year mentioned that there have been a lot more warranty repairs with cars made during the pandemic. He should know after listening to people's gripes all day long.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by scottf270

I have been anticipating the same thing. There is one thing that bothers me a little, though. It is anecdotal, but a courtesy car driver who was bringing me to the dealership to pick up my car last year mentioned that there have been a lot more warranty repairs with cars made during the pandemic. He should know after listening to people's gripes all day long.

Makes excellent sense, most everyone who's not self-employed took advantage of the China flu BS.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plus all those cars parked willy-nilly for months at a time waiting for some part or another. Rodent damage, dust, moisture, you name it. Electronics don’t care for any of it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The local gmc dealer only dealer here in our area that is not doing the market adjustment bs. So I bought from gmc..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I was considering downsizing to a Tacoma. I have been watching the local dealer's inventory online and saw it gradually go from one or two Tacomas at a time to 18. I figured that inflation might be scaring people or that supply chain issues may be easing. I walked into the dealership the other day and learned that none of them were on the lot. They were in various stages of being built or scheduled to be built, and people were putting $500 deposits on them to get in line. I figure I will wait a year or two. ETA: I don't think they were marking them up.

do you watch the KSL ads ?

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7610209

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To make everyone feel better about above MSRP pricing, this is from a friend in Arizona:

"We stopped by the Porsche dealer in North Scottsdale when we were up in Phoenix a few weeks ago. They said to order a new Porsche there was a 12-month waiting list and you have to pay $85,000 over sticker price. Also, Porsche has discontinued the factory delivery program. I am glad I got my Porsche buying in when it was easy, but I should have kept one of the 911s, probably the pre-turbo 2016 GTS."

I imagine the waiting list is going to get a bit longer with the loss of the Porsches on the burning RO RO ship.

A
AML Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Well I take delivery of a 2022 GMC Canyon AT4 tomorrow. No market adjustment. My company has a large fleet of GM and Toyota vehicles so employees get a significant supplier discount for those brands. The GM dealer honored that discount readily.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AML
Well I take delivery of a 2022 GMC Canyon AT4 tomorrow. No market adjustment. My company has a large fleet of GM and Toyota vehicles so employees get a significant supplier discount for those brands. The GM dealer honored that discount readily.

Those little trucks with the diesel are supposed to be pretty nice.

I REALLY like the looks and interior of the Silverados but the lifter issue has me walking away. Ford's pricing has me walking away. So for me it's Toyota or Ram. I prefer Toyota but twin turbo and first year has me walking away.

2022 isn't the year to buy a truck it seems.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I see that a 1964 Ferrari GTO just sold for $80 million dollars to the guy who owns WeatherTech. Sometimes supply and demand is fun to read about.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Our local Ford dealer is advertising $5,000.00 rebate on F-150 and I heard something about zero finance. Don't know if you get both of not.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Anyone remember the crazy prices on the Mazda Miata a few years back?

Market driven.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ironbender:

My wife is a car nut and has had a subscription to Road and Track since the early 70s. She read an early review of the Miata in 1988 (I think) and promptly went down to the McMinnvile, Oregon Mazda dealer and placed an order. The deal was at MSRP. It came in several months later and was one of the first Miata's in Oregon. The dealer actually called her and asked that she come down and retrieve her new car as so many people were wanting to buy it for thousands over MSRP. She drove it for 6 months and decided to sell it when we started to build our house on rural property. She sold it for more than she bought it for to the owner of the Ferrari dealership in Portland (Ron Tonkin).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last summer I got a Chevy Colorado. No extra charge added on. They got 5 Colorado in on Friday afternoon and were all sold on Saturday.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i have been thru this with Harley-Davidson motorcycles...you guys with trade ins just remember they are worth more today also than ever before and represent another sale for the dealership so work on then from that end also and hopefully off set some of the new price

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Car ads back on TV indicate to me that this thing is trending in the consumer's direction.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Local dealers....GM has a handful of new. Their used lot is packed.

Dodge/ Jeep has some new, used lot was low but is about full.

Dunno what Ford dealer or Toyota dealer at, had some new last i checked and used lots less than half full.

Pricing on used at all of them was stupid high.
Pay 5k more and get new, but order and wait.

Dunno why market so messed up. Need higher than demand?

Looks like 4x4 pickups w a little biggr engine and payload are the hot tickets. Guys say sell for more than paid.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/04/22.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
One thing I know is that when my local dealers want my help on their issues, there's going to be a "market adjustment" on their bill.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (06hunter59, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 270wsmnutt, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 13,227 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,875
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.